Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pixar of mmo gaming?

greymanicgreymanic Member UncommonPosts: 25
I remember reading they wanted to be the Pixar of online gaming... still have a way to go Red 5.  Making a typical mmo with toystory graphics isn't, I think, what you meant.

Comments

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

Pixar actually launches movies. 

Pixar movies also have actual stories.

Notice how neither one of these apply to Firefall.

• TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Originally posted by TheHavok

Pixar actually launches movies. 

Pixar movies also have actual stories.

Notice how neither one of these apply to Firefall.

Hmm FireFall has an awesome story. Go read the Manga and be sure to check out the FireFal timeline. In fact the story is much better than the crap coming out of Holywood these days!.

• scoobyderpscoobyderp Member Posts: 2
    Hmm FireFall has an awesome story. Go read the Manga and be sure to check out the FireFal timeline. In fact the story is much better than the crap coming out of Holywood these days!. 

Firefall as an entity has a good story but the game itself has almost nothing. As much as I enjoy comics, directing players to outside material like a manga to get the bulk the story is a bad idea. Not everyone enjoys having to consult an outside source to have an idea of what is going on in game and the manga they put out is 'meh' at best and doesn't really explain much to a new player. Also, just like everything else with the game, entire aspects of the story of the game have been removed for no real good reason (like the Crystite Wars and such).