Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is WvWvW and SPVP such a fail?

1235»

Comments

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

I find WvW fun, but sadly no one defends what they cap anymore.

I try to defend and I try to organize defend squads but It's hard due to the reward for defending anything is slim to nothing.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• woeyewoeye Member Posts: 119
    One hour queue time, for some even more.And lag, lag, lag. Instants sometimes taking up to 30 seconds to fire off. Well done, ANet, well done.
  • goldtoofgoldtoof Member Posts: 337
    I thought spvp was pretty good, not as good as gw1 though.

WvW I just can't get into it, there's no reason to fight its just red vs blue vs green. Also the 3 border maps get boring fast.

If it was actual factions, the maps were more varied and there was more ways to counter mass aoe, I might have enjoyed it more.
  • mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    Originally posted by Maurgrim

I have read in many threads how GW2 made misstakes that for some reason made the PVP in the game a big fail, but what i never read so far is what are those misstakes Anet made that some people brings up all the time in GW2 forum and on other sub game forums.

For me I enjoy SPVP very much and WvWvW is very fun, sure there are zerges running around but hey we are talking about servers here, not 5v5 epeen kids doing their thing.

And I've read several posts about zergs are something bad in GW2 WvWvW, how is that bad, really I mean It's a frikkin server battle, didnt Allied troops zerged Germany in ww2? , Didn't USA and it's allies zerged Sadam?,  I mean what's so bad about zergs,? In my meaning a zerg is a army on a misson, Is that so bad?

It isn't a fail. Its very popular on some servers. However, the reason many people don't like it is that's its static. For a year now the same people have been playing the same people, on the same maps, fighting the same ways. Winning doesn't matter, everything resets after a week. You die, you res. You take a tower, they take it back.

And until just now, they haven't fixed any of these issues, just added some token skill buffs.

• didjeramadidjerama Member Posts: 201
    Originally posted by mCalvert

I have read in many threads how GW2 made misstakes that for some reason made the PVP in the game a big fail, but what i never read so far is what are those misstakes Anet made that some people brings up all the time in GW2 forum and on other sub game forums.

For me I enjoy SPVP very much and WvWvW is very fun, sure there are zerges running around but hey we are talking about servers here, not 5v5 epeen kids doing their thing.

And I've read several posts about zergs are something bad in GW2 WvWvW, how is that bad, really I mean It's a frikkin server battle, didnt Allied troops zerged Germany in ww2? , Didn't USA and it's allies zerged Sadam?,  I mean what's so bad about zergs,? In my meaning a zerg is a army on a misson, Is that so bad?

It isn't a fail. Its very popular on some servers. However, the reason many people don't like it is that's its static. For a year now the same people have been playing the same people, on the same maps, fighting the same ways. Winning doesn't matter, everything resets after a week. You die, you res. You take a tower, they take it back.

And until just now, they haven't fixed any of these issues, just added some token skill buffs.

And soccer is just same people playing same people for over 100 (exaggeration for point) years now on pretty much exactly same field and exact same ball, scoring goals, receveing goals, and every year everything resets.

What exactly do you expect, you either like it or not.

Originally posted by didjerama

And soccer is just same people playing same people for over 100 (exaggeration for point) years now on pretty much exactly same field and exact same ball, scoring goals, receveing goals, and every year everything resets.

I expect AN to deal with the obvious problems, like commander options, population problems, night capping. If they want me to play WvW instead of soccer, then they need to affect change.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

I expect AN to deal with the obvious problems, like commander options, population problems, night capping. If they want me to play WvW instead of soccer, then they need to affect change.

Commander options are understandable.

Population problems are actually a very complicated issue, that is never fully solved, and EVERY game has them.

Night capping, again, is a problem EVERY game has. Pick a game with world PvP & objectives. And I'll tell you about a game that has night capping.

Originally posted by aesperus

Population problems are actually a very complicated issue, that is never fully solved, and EVERY game has them.

Night capping, again, is a problem EVERY game has. Pick a game with world PvP & objectives. And I'll tell you about a game that has night capping.

I don't care about other games.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

How would you fix night capping?

In case people are wondering I'm indeed curious how night capping could be fixed.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

I have read in many threads how GW2 made misstakes that for some reason made the PVP in the game a big fail, but what i never read so far is what are those misstakes Anet made that some people brings up all the time in GW2 forum and on other sub game forums.For me I enjoy SPVP very much and WvWvW is very fun, sure there are zerges running around but hey we are talking about servers here, not 5v5 epeen kids doing their thing.And I've read several posts about zergs are something bad in GW2 WvWvW, how is that bad, really I mean It's a frikkin server battle, didnt Allied troops zerged Germany in ww2? , Didn't USA and it's allies zerged Sadam?,  I mean what's so bad about zergs,? In my meaning a zerg is a army on a misson, Is that so bad?

First 6 or 8 months you could transfer easly with you guild from US to europe or other way around join the strongest server kick ass to numbers 2 and and 3 stay up there and leave to next and next this was one of fails.

And if other server had at least a change to conquer areas back then zerg is not bad but in WvWvW you had one group that took over all maps in no time and it was almost imposible to get it back, well in first six months dunno now?

Also cheating and the meaningless beating at gates with random groups not realy knowing what to do was fail one or two servers took over map fast and pvp was dead.

I dunno how it is these days but first six months where terible.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

Things I didn't like with WvW
    1 there was no lore behind you fighting. If I was in a human faction fighting the char who were invading my homeland, I would have a reason to fight. Red vs blue vs green because "magic stuff" doesn't motivate me.
    2 side maps were, all the same. I don't get why they stuck to a fixed 4 maps, why not on a quiet pairing just have 2 random maps and on a busy one have 6? Why do them side maps have to be symmetrical, its not like the maps are linked and you need the outer one to fight on the middle one?
    3 needs to be disincentives to mass aoe. Something like the all cc breaks on damage and gives immunity feature from war would let coordinated groups beat aoe spammers.
    4 its the perfect activity to do as a guild. Only you cant! Why can't you form raids ran by your guild, either private or open to the public like every other rvr game such as daoc, war, planetside, aion etc..
    Originally posted by RizelStar

In case people are wondering I'm indeed curious how night capping could be fixed.

Theres tons of ideas on the forums for the Devs to steal. Merging European servers with NA. Reducing the points you get for holding things during off peak times. Free transfers once a month to give the players the freedom to even things out if they chose. Stronger doors and walls to give defenders the advantage.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Originally posted by Badaboom

For me it fails because it is an instance, removed from the world.  It's just an e-sport with no consequence.  I like to play open world pvp games with consequence, like Darkfall or Eve.

For me, games like GW2 are short term fun. 

How is consequence working for you in EVE when you have 2+ billion ISKs to replace any losses you might take and how is consequence working for you in Darkfall when you have 50+ armour and weapons in your bank that you can use when you get ganked?

EVE and Darkfall might sound hardcore but in reality it is not

Both games absolutely destroy GW2 in terms of "meaningful" PvP.  WvWvW is so unbelievably meaningless by comparison, in terms of impact on the gameworld, it's hysterical that anyone would actually try to compare them.

GW2's PvP is instanced garbage, completely meaningless to the gameworld as a result, which is why is it such a failure.  It's trite, casual, e-sport garbage.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

You don't have to be a ffa sandbox to have more meaningful pvp than WvW.

Daoc , war and planetside have more meaningful pvp, because the other sides are different and you hate them.
  • RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Theres tons of ideas on the forums for the Devs to steal. Merging European servers with NA. Reducing the points you get for holding things during off peak times. Free transfers once a month to give the players the freedom to even things out if they chose. Stronger doors and walls to give defenders the advantage.

Wait a minute a lot of those ideas create even more issues...Reducing points during off peak time...reduces players and maybe players who can only be active during off peak time, stronger doors and walls, people use to call this game Guild Doors 2 for a reason, free transfers once a month, well that'll give lower servers even more of a reason to complain, merging servers has issues in it's own as well, however maybe if done right could happen.

However me being a human I must be missing something and all these ideas must have no flaws that keep tapping at my head like "No..noo...NOOOOOOO!"

So yea maybe those ideas are flawless and honest to the Man above I could be wrong in which I don't mind, cause the more I learn the better.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

Wait a minute a lot of those ideas create even more issues...Reducing points during off peak time...reduces players and maybe players who can only be active during off peak time, stronger doors and walls, people use to call this game Guild Doors 2 for a reason, free transfers once a month, well that'll give lower servers even more of a reason to complain, merging servers has issues in it's own as well, however maybe if done right could happen.

However me being a human I must be missing something and all these ideas must have no flaws that keep tapping at my head like "No..noo...NOOOOOOO!"

So yea maybe those ideas are flawless and honest to the Man above I could be wrong in which I don't mind, cause the more I learn the better.

They were just examples. Im not here to have a debate about how to fix it. That's the devs job.