Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Guild Wars 2: Edge of the Mists Revealed

2»

Comments

• LevicusLevicus Member Posts: 22
    Wish that came out today.. That three hour queue time was painful, and I was one of the lucky ones.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Hmm I was in the queue for an hour.. then had a really great wvw experience. In fact so good that I played until 3am.

My server was 4k points ahead when I went to bed. The next morning we were 4k points below our competitor.

WvW isn't about tactics and organization - it's about who has the most unemployed people to steal all bases during the night.

As long as wvw lasts 24 hours a day it will never be more than a joke.

Harbinger of Fools
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Originally posted by Dakeru

Hmm I was in the queue for an hour.. then had a really great wvw experience. In fact so good that I played until 3am.

My server was 4k points ahead when I went to bed. The next morning we were 4k points below our competitor.

WvW isn't about tactics and organization - it's about who has the most unemployed people to steal all bases during the night.

As long as wvw lasts 24 hours a day it will never be more than a joke.

Or it could be people from different time zones playing when they get off work. 

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by TalulaRose

Or it could be people from different time zones playing when they get off work. 

Yes the French are getting backup at night from French speaking Canadians.

But what does this have to do with esports, tactics, etc.?

We are losing because the Canadians are playing on European servers and take bases when all Europeans are sleeping.

Harbinger of Fools
  • mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    Finally something new for open pvp players.
  • HoiPoloiHoiPoloi Member UncommonPosts: 98

Too little too late.  By the time this is live, ESO will have started.

Our guild might have stuck with GW2 if WvW had not actually gone backwards in the last 6 months.  (Last good change was removal of culling).

I just have no faith in Anet as PvP developers.  It is just not a game for the serious.

Rithwis, Righteous Golem of Camelot | Skritha, Orc Archer of Tamriel | Bloodwod, Sawbones of Auraxis | Thrumdi, Blue Norn of Tyria | Gwidwod, Spider of the Ettenmoors | Gideon Slack, Hunter of Alsius

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Originally posted by crysent
    GW2 continues to prove that it's the best game currently on the market, and ANET, probably the best dev team.

Ummm...no.

• SetzerSetzer Member UncommonPosts: 261
    Originally posted by RebelScum99
    Originally posted by crysent
    GW2 continues to prove that it's the best game currently on the market, and ANET, probably the best dev team.

Ummm...no.

• GW2PlayerGW2Player Member Posts: 1
    JQ and Sor are alliance since BG up to T1. They say that in order to win the WvW league, they need to work together to get rid of Blackgate. It was very humiliating war. Anet knew but don't try to solve the problem because they have benefits. I want to leave JQ to EU zone right now. Which world in EU is the best? WvW make people become bad people. This is GW2.
  • StarS0ftStarS0ft Member UncommonPosts: 124
    btw, accidentally I found on their facebook they announce sales on GW2 keys: 40% OFF today only
  • Doc_P-HDDoc_P-HD Member UncommonPosts: 3

GW2? Too many choises on poor servers, always a terrible lag, better invest in powerfull servers before offering too many game-features.

• Iceman8235Iceman8235 Member UncommonPosts: 205
    WvW sucking is as much the players fault as it is the developers.  DAoC had a similar PvP structure, their realm point system added a little more incentive yes, but the map layout with keeps strewn about was similar.  Do you think DAoC would have the legacy that it has if every realm just zerged around in one giant blob every night?  A full group was the norm to run with in the frontiers and for the most part groups respected each other enough to not engage if a group v group fight was already going on.  If a realm was zerging, unless they were going for a relic they would get laughed at and trash talked on the forums.  If players did this in GW2 I think you'd find WvW a lot more enjoyable, incentive or not.  They don't though, they'd rather just run around in a mindless zerg smooshing buttons on keep doors and then blame the devs for not having fun.
  • oldmanchitsuoldmanchitsu Member Posts: 5
    Woohoo new map! Amazing !