Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer 40.000: Eternal Crusade: Live Forum Q&A with the Dev Team -- TODAY!

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Join us today, 10/21 at 4PM ET in our Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade subforum for a live Q&A with the 40k team.

If you've got questions for team on WH40k: Eternal Crusade this is an event you won't want to miss!

Please keep in mind that today's Q&A is NOT a discussion thread. Simply submit your questions in the thread  and allow the team a chance to answer.

Speakers include:

• Brent Elison

• Steven Lumpkin

• Nicolas Brunoni

• David Ghosland

• Miguel Caron 

• Patrick Balthazar

Remember to be respectful and courteous with your questions. Disrespectful questions, comments, or outright trolling will be dealt with harshly by our moderation team.

If you have any questions about today's Q&A, feel free to drop 'em in the comments below.

Comments

• RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628

How far away are we from the first in-game footage video? :p

How long should players expect to spend on the planet at launch? Campaigns are potentially up to 3 months long and IIRC patrickbalthazar said the campaign may move across the planet. So really my question is how often can we expect entirely new campaigns set in different locations?

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.
  • BatpimpBatpimp Member UncommonPosts: 29
    @razephon I can answer those silly questions for you. It will be released when its ready. the second bit of info is too really to reveal. Do you really think those are Worthy questions that merit their time?
  • VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466
    How much untill we get some info about the Eldar and the Chaos classes?

• syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404

is there  playabe goblins?

• EndoRobotoEndoRoboto Member Posts: 275
    To what extent will vehicles be usable?
  • RevenlearRevenlear Member Posts: 1

How many people will the first round of closed Beta/Alpha feature?

Apart from that, will there be a video or a writedown of it, as it would be in the middle of the night for me?

• Carnage2K4Carnage2K4 Member Posts: 8

Dear Miguel Caron,

As someone who has never heard of Behaviour Interactive or Behaviour Online & seeing as the only games this company has made seems to be Disney/Pixar movie titles or mobile games can you convince me, as a WH40K enthusiast as to the reasons BE is worthy of taking on the roll of a 40K MMO?

Currently I seriously doubt BE's capability, and dev enthusiasm alone for 40K does not make a good game worthy of the title, with apparently no MMO experience (as far as I can tell) can you please convince me of your ability in this game genera? or at least kill my doubts?

Thank you,

Carnage

• UltimaetusUltimaetus Member Posts: 1
    It appears that the majority of paying members will play Space marine;  Is there any concerns about  having one of the paid races being larger than the others?
  • zaro27zaro27 Member Posts: 1

Is there any chance of getting to play as a Space Marine of the Salamanders chapter?

How about Tau, Necron, or Sisters of Battle?

• RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628
    idk theres not much to ask that hasn't already been answered or responded to with 'we can't tell you yet'. The devs have already answered a LOT of questions....so now we just need them to actually release some media/info on the game.

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    This is just the announcement thread. Please save your actual questions for the Q&A thread later today!
  • miguelcaronmiguelcaron Studio Head - BehaviourMember UncommonPosts: 70
    Originally posted by Carnage2K4

Dear Miguel Caron,

As someone who has never heard of Behaviour Interactive or Behaviour Online & seeing as the only games this company has made seems to be Disney/Pixar movie titles or mobile games can you convince me, as a WH40K enthusiast as to the reasons BE is worthy of taking on the roll of a 40K MMO?

Currently I seriously doubt BE's capability, and dev enthusiasm alone for 40K does not make a good game worthy of the title, with apparently no MMO experience (as far as I can tell) can you please convince me of your ability in this game genera? or at least kill my doubts?

Thank you,

Carnage

Hello Carnage, I could answer you like a true Crusader and tell you the Emperor will not judge us based on our Medals and Diplomas but based on our scars!!!!

Or I can answer you by saying, Behaviour Online is a brad new studio within Behaviour using Behaviours 20 years of discipline in making games for others mixted with a lot of New hire that are MMO veteran from the industry.

We have announced so far only 2 games and both of them are in the most anticipated game here on MMORPG. Chris Roberts Star Citizen and Eternal Crusade.

You have access to the dev, check their pedigree!! :-)

Regards

Miguel

Studio Head of Behaviour Entertainment on WAR40K: Eternal Crusade

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

hehe just played space marine this weekend again!!!

man i love that game! - was wondering if crusaders artwork will be as cool as marine!

• ApocrypheaApocryphea Member Posts: 1

I know all of these names! 

How is everyone doing over there at Behaviour? :)

Salut Miguel!

~ Jon D

• The_Great_WolfThe_Great_Wolf Member Posts: 3

How will people be able to name their chapters/warbands ect ?

Will there be able to be multiple space wolves for example?

And at release date the plans for leadership mentioned earlier, how do you plan on selecting pre-release or will everyone start at a base level?

As leader of the established Space Marine wolves i am sure other leaders already out there are curious about this topic, and ranking systems internally within chapters.

Thanks for having the guts to make this game, knowing how 40k fans feel about their lore ect :-D

• nikosjimnikosjim Member UncommonPosts: 12
    hi can we have black temblars plz and also can chaos players much choose what gods must serve????????
  • AnimositateAnimositate Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Will black templars be playable at any point and also will Dreadnoughts be added to the game? Furthermore, what will be done to make that one faction won't dominate a server? Which was a big problem in the warhammer fantasy mmo.
  • The_Great_WolfThe_Great_Wolf Member Posts: 3

how customised can a character become ?

thinking will individual armour positions hace fixed customisation or will items go automatically to a default position?

• highs2lowshighs2lows Member Posts: 6
    Will we be able to choose the skin Color of our Space Marines or Eldar Characters? (With the exception of Salamanders in the future of course.) I've always wanted to play as a black space wolf.
This discussion has been closed.