Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Ultramarines now recruiting!

Hey guys, i'm hoping to recreate the entire ultramarines chapter for this game! I set up a guild website so if you're interested please, apply!

If the largest organization size stays at 100. Then simply consider our chapter an alliance of 10 strike forces. Hoping they'll set it up in a way that allows us to succsessfully recreate the chapter.

Here's the website check it out!

http://eternalcrusadeultramarines.shivtr.com/

Comments

• SavijSavij Member Posts: 341

what do you mean by recreating?

all have names out of the novel or just 1000 ultramarines?

be always up to date about Eternal Crusade
    WH40k:EC dev Tracker

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337
    EternalCrusader.com Savij

• decinator27decinator27 Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by Savij

just 1k in codex format.

• StMichaelStMichael Member Posts: 183
    I even have your theme song right here! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_9CyqfkXCc
    Originally posted by StMichael
    I even have your theme song right here! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_9CyqfkXCc

I lol'd

Its k. Being a poster boy will lead to sh*t like this.

May as well enjoy it.

Edit: Especially since there are literally dozens of 'serious' tributes/theme songs

• StMichaelStMichael Member Posts: 183

Ultramarines were called smurfs long before they were Matt Ward's poster boys. But pay me no mind, I'm just brooding about the game until they bring back the Black Templars that THQ snatched away from me when they failed to deliver DMO.

Seriously, if for no other reason, that's why BTs should be the 5th chapter.

• DecisiveRaindropDecisiveRaindrop Member Posts: 17

Ultramarines were called smurfs long before they were Matt Ward's poster boys. But pay me no mind, I'm just brooding about the game until they bring back the Black Templars that THQ snatched away from me when they failed to deliver DMO.

I second that nomination.

I would play this toon any day.

Originally posted by DecisiveRaindrop

The calling of ultramarines smurfs was not popularized until around 5th edition.

Besides. Every chapter can be made fun of.

Black templars are catholic space nazis.

Note I believe that as much as I believe that ultramarines are actually smurfs.

Seriously though can this not turn into a "I want to play black templars" thread.

Originally posted by decinator27
    Originally posted by Savij

just 1k in codex format.

So you know, first company is the only company with terminator armour. 6th is entirely bikes. 7th is entirely landspeeders. 2nd-5th is 6 tactical marine squads 2 devastator squads and 2 assault marine squads. So yea the whole shtick.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
      Why the boring chapter.  If you said space wolves I'd soo be there

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

Originally posted by apocoluster
      Why the boring chapter.  If you said space wolves I'd soo be there

Space wolves are so much more exciting guys, vikings in space!  :O

Seriously, I don't understand the "Lets rip on ultramarines" mentality. Well thats a lie. I do, but it still is weird to call one brand of space marine more boring then another brand of space marine.

Originally posted by quotheraving
    Hey Decinator, if you are going to be the head of the Ultramarines chapter does that make you papa smurf :]>

Yes.

But, if I was totaly honest I'd play pre-heresy world eaters. War Hounds FTW

Originally posted by quotheraving

How can they not? I mean Eternal Crusader is even the name of the BT's flagship!

Can this not be a "I wana play BT" thread.

• freakishbeanfreakishbean Member UncommonPosts: 176

Originally posted by DecisiveRaindrop

The calling of ultramarines smurfs was not popularized until around 5th edition.

Besides. Every chapter can be made fun of.

Black templars are catholic space nazis.

Note I believe that as much as I believe that ultramarines are actually smurfs.

Seriously though can this not turn into a "I want to play black templars" thread.

Every space marine chapter thread is a Black Templar thread ;)

Needing is Wanting...
    Wanting is Coveting...
    Coveting is Sinning...
    I am SO going to Hell.

• grigdushergrigdusher Member UncommonPosts: 139

Hey guys, i'm hoping to recreate the entire ultramarines chapter for this game! I set up a guild website so if you're interested please, apply!

If the largest organization size stays at 100. Then simply consider our chapter an alliance of 10 strike forces. Hoping they'll set it up in a way that allows us to succsessfully recreate the chapter.

ok, you can tell us: you are Matt ward?

war 40K Eternal Crusade: refferal 4$ bonus: EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I http://www.eternalcrusade.com/account/sign-up/?ref_code=EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I

Originally posted by grigdusher

ok, you can tell us: you are Matt ward?

Wow. "Hurr durr an ultramarines fan he must enjoy the terrible fluff that matt ward writes or be matt ward."

I seriously hate matt ward. Hating ultramarines was a hipster-type thing before he came along.

Which is to bad because honestly with a few exceptions Matt Ward is really good at writing rules. Though his lore is terrible. Terrible. Which is weird because the wood elf army book had good lore. However everything after that lore-wise has been either stupid, fluff breaking or ret-conning of good solid established lore.  Sometimes a combination of the three.

I'm usually pretty mellow about the jokes, but this, this is just insulting.

• irpugbossirpugboss Member UncommonPosts: 427

I for one am already in a guild for 40kEC but I truly do hope you guys get everyone you need. I will love seeing strikeforces sticking to the same Chapter and the lore.

Good luck! If I see any freelance Ultramarines I will point them in your direction.

Originally posted by krage

I for one am already in a guild for 40kEC but I truly do hope you guys get everyone you need. I will love seeing strikeforces sticking to the same Chapter and the lore.

Good luck! If I see any freelance Ultramarines I will point them in your direction.

Thank you good sir for both the kind words and for pointing Ultramarines in my direction! It's truly appreciated.

• Xavier-LightXavier-Light Member Posts: 3

decinator27, it's good to see some one else with love for the blue boys. Ignore the haters, they've been calling us Smurfs since waaaaay back in 2nd Edition.

You aren't the only Ultramarines with plans to run in Eternal Crusade; I run the Ultramarines in Space Marine on PS3, based from an Enjin forum, and we have plans to migrate to EC once it's up and running.

We'll look forward to seeing you guys there.

Originally posted by Xavier-Light

decinator27, it's good to see some one else with love for the blue boys. Ignore the haters, they've been calling us Smurfs since waaaaay back in 2nd Edition.

You aren't the only Ultramarines with plans to run in Eternal Crusade; I run the Ultramarines in Space Marine on PS3, based from an Enjin forum, and we have plans to migrate to EC once it's up and running.

Hey I'm on PS3 as well!  Maybe we can play some SM together, Add me ."YourLovedOnes" ( I thought it was funny 6 years ago )

Originally posted by Xavier-Light

Hey I'm on PS3 as well!  Maybe we can play some SM together, Add me ."YourLovedOnes" ( I thought it was funny 6 years ago )

I think we've crossed paths before at some point, as the name seems familiar.

If you're interested in joining a competitive team with the SM community, let me know. We regularly take part in community-run tournaments as well as the story-drive "Black Crusade" events.

• AcontiAconti Member Posts: 20

Hi Xavier-Light (this is Th3--W1fe) good to see you here!

Hi decinator27, feel free to add me too (PS3 profile above) always on the look out for regular Space Marine players on PS3

Until the Salamanders are released on EC I'll prob play as Ultramarines so will check out your site :)

• JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257

The game won't be out until 2015/2016. Kinda pointless if you ask me.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Originally posted by Jorl
    Originally posted by decinator27 Hey guys, i'm hoping to recreate the entire ultramarines chapter for this game! I set up a guild website so if you're interested please, apply! If the largest organization size stays at 100. Then simply consider our chapter an alliance of 10 strike forces. Hoping they'll set it up in a way that allows us to succsessfully recreate the chapter.   Here's the website check it out!   http://eternalcrusadeultramarines.shivtr.com/
    The game won't be out until 2015/2016. Kinda pointless if you ask me.

Agreed. And, Ravens Guard will be the 5th chapter.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

Originally posted by Aconti

Hi Xavier-Light (this is Th3--W1fe) good to see you here!

Hi decinator27, feel free to add me too (PS3 profile above) always on the look out for regular Space Marine players on PS3

Until the Salamanders are released on EC I'll prob play as Ultramarines so will check out your site :)

Always good to see a familiar face.

• mari3kmari3k Member Posts: 135
    You cant make the ultramarines. They already exists in the lore and the name will be blocked !

Step in the arena and break the wall down