Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A real review.

13»

Comments

• ZeerahaZeeraha Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Originally posted by argirop
    Originally posted by Hodo
    Originally posted by Toferio
    Originally posted by rojo6934

I dont know about the Lore since i didnt play it enough but the buggy gameplay, animations, mechanics are enough to kill any game for me. 

As far as I know, the lore is not fully implemented because they're having troubles translating it from advanced Swedish. 

They aren't having trouble translating it, they are to lazy to bother. 

This "game", if you can call it a game, has been out for over 4 years maybe 5 now.  I just know it is still now as big a pile of dung as it was then.   It is unfortunate that the same problems are still there, and still going on.   I am pretty sure the same hacks and exploits are still around which only makes it worse. 

Seriously man... Theres absolutely no lore behind MO. Translating something that doesnt exist can be really hard. 

I have a friend who translates to english licensed copies of other books, and issue with it is it has some legal work behind it, translator has to be licensed, you cannot hire some volunteer to do it. If I got it well, you have to republish translation and protect it. It costs some money (around 20K$, dependant on the size of a translated work),  but it is all couple of months of work to guide an translator and at later stage to manage deployment of lore. I think problem with SV is IP rights and time to publish, which they don't have enough resources and did not prioritize to do it. Also, you know they have to pay the author for publishing these notes. I am sure lore exists, since they published background stories and maps before.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Originally posted by Zeeraha

I dont know about the Lore since i didnt play it enough but the buggy gameplay, animations, mechanics are enough to kill any game for me. 

As far as I know, the lore is not fully implemented because they're having troubles translating it from advanced Swedish. 

This "game", if you can call it a game, has been out for over 4 years maybe 5 now.  I just know it is still now as big a pile of dung as it was then.   It is unfortunate that the same problems are still there, and still going on.   I am pretty sure the same hacks and exploits are still around which only makes it worse. 

Seriously man... Theres absolutely no lore behind MO. Translating something that doesnt exist can be really hard. 

I have a friend who translates to english licensed copies of other books, and issue with it is it has some legal work behind it, translator has to be licensed, you cannot hire some volunteer to do it. If I got it well, you have to republish translation and protect it. It costs some money (around 20K$, dependant on the size of a translated work),  but it is all couple of months of work to guide an translator and at later stage to manage deployment of lore. I think problem with SV is IP rights and time to publish, which they don't have enough resources and did not prioritize to do it. Also, you know they have to pay the author for publishing these notes. I am sure lore exists, since they published background stories and maps before.

It is their own IP, they own all rights and can translate it to whatever they want without issues. That being said, of course, if they weren't stupid enough to let whoever wrote lore keep the rights.. Not to mention, writing the lore for an English game in Swedish was a stupid move to begin with. 

It is their own IP, they own all rights and can translate it to whatever they want without issues. That being said, of course, if they weren't stupid enough to let whoever wrote lore keep the rights.. Not to mention, writing the lore for an English game in Swedish was a stupid move to begin with. 

If you created hundreds of pages of lore for MMO game, would you just selloff your rights to a gaming company, or you would make a publishing contract where you are paid for the usage length of the published content? SV could not afford to pay millions for lore, like AAA gaming publishers do. It's almost like JRR Martin would sold out completely his publishing rights to HBO.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985

If you created hundreds of pages of lore for MMO game, would you just selloff your rights to a gaming company, or you would make a publishing contract where you are paid for the usage length of the published content? SV could not afford to pay millions for lore, like AAA gaming publishers do. It's almost like JRR Martin would sold out completely his publishing rights to HBO.

Are you claiming that SV does not own the IP rights to their own madeup IP? That would be beyond silly.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Are you claiming that SV does not own the IP rights to their own madeup IP? That would be beyond silly.

Mats Persson wrote the lore and help building game design. I honestly don't know if he still holds IP for the lore (according to Henrik it has thousand pages), it could be that SV must pay the royalties for publishing Mats' lore, or it could be true that SV just needs to put the efforts of translating and publishing owned material.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Mats Persson wrote the lore and help building game design. I honestly don't know if he still holds IP for the lore (according to Henrik it has thousand pages), it could be that SV must pay the royalties for publishing Mats' lore, or it could be true that SV just needs to put the efforts of translating and publishing owned material.

Again:

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• daemondaemon Member UncommonPosts: 680
    Originally posted by Komandor

Some guys from my country, who calling them self "igromania" was try to play this game lol.

They ask about:
    1. Levels
    2. Quest
    3. weapon and armor from npc
    Another WOW crap shit after that.

And some guys with naked ass and wornshort sword start to kill them on newbs spawn.....

It was fun, when i with 100 defensef stance was in block, when some random newbs was train agressive stance and swords on me, and they ask "wow, that guy block everything with naked ass, he have max lvl in this game".

Problem, what i love this game for idea, like we all dudes, but that newbs waiting from this game quality like from AAA blizzard game lol. High textures, no lags, no bugs....We all already deal with bugs, lags and crashes, it is part of game for us, but newbs can't deal with it.

We love this game like woman, we know all her problems, sins and forgive it already. Yes, another bug. Oh, game crash. It is ok.

This is quote from their forums. I think the guy is Russian judging from the post. Actually comparing this game to a woman. WOW!

This made me laugh so hard :))... funniest thing i read in a while.

Thanks for making my day alot better :p

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542
    Originally posted by daemon
    Originally posted by Komandor

Some guys from my country, who calling them self "igromania" was try to play this game lol.

They ask about:
    1. Levels
    2. Quest
    3. weapon and armor from npc
    Another WOW crap shit after that.

And some guys with naked ass and wornshort sword start to kill them on newbs spawn.....

It was fun, when i with 100 defensef stance was in block, when some random newbs was train agressive stance and swords on me, and they ask "wow, that guy block everything with naked ass, he have max lvl in this game".

Problem, what i love this game for idea, like we all dudes, but that newbs waiting from this game quality like from AAA blizzard game lol. High textures, no lags, no bugs....We all already deal with bugs, lags and crashes, it is part of game for us, but newbs can't deal with it.

We love this game like woman, we know all her problems, sins and forgive it already. Yes, another bug. Oh, game crash. It is ok.

This is quote from their forums. I think the guy is Russian judging from the post. Actually comparing this game to a woman. WOW!

This made me laugh so hard :))... funniest thing i read in a while.

Thanks for making my day alot better :p

I agree +1 funniest thing this morning.

But the game itself is bad, probably the worst game out there, and that says a lot.  I think its even worse than Star Quest Online which developer ran away with the code and quit programming the game after his wife divorced him.   And now Nexeon is sitting on it using it as a cash cow, not that the 10 or so players brings in that much money.

So much crap, so little quality.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Anything you create as an employee, for the employer's IP, is the property of the employer.. in 99.9% of the cases. Your logic is rather questionable.