Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DC Universe Online: Score the Ultimate Edition for Twenty Bucks

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Sony Online Entertainment has a new deal sure to get the attention of would-be superheroes. For $19.99, players can score DC Universe Online, complete with all updates/DLCs and powers.

Grab your copy on the DC Universe Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Keep in mind however that this game is f2p, and that you dont need to buy anything just 2 play it...  However this is a good offer, you will not get the DLCs that cheap in the online ingame store.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    And in europe, does Sat1 also have this offer?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    And in europe, does Sat1 also have this offer?

Yep, they have it - with the usual SOE pricing they use with consoles, etc, it's 19.99 euro (roughly 25 usd)

It's still not bad, since the DLC's cost more as well, so the deal is the same. The occasion for it: http://youtu.be/ebXB0lBoaQ0

(I like Marvel more, but it's a nice summary of the different Superman eras)

Edit: Suzie, the "complete with all updates/DLCs and powers." is not precise, it's only 4 DLC's and their powers :)

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Yeah, they could've at least thrown in all currently available DLC. 4 out of 8 is hardly fitting of "Ultimate Edition".
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • Crusix221Crusix221 Member UncommonPosts: 100
    yea the statement "complete with all updates/DLCs and powers" is false.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    the only thing that stopped me from playing this game is the 2000 gold limit. No matter how much money i spend or a many DLC i purchase (i already own 3 or 4 of them) and still cant remove the 2000 cash limit. Not even with a cash shop unlock purchase. Im OK with the rest of the restrictions since they dont prevent me from progressing and dont make any other purchases a waste of money like Swtor. When they either remove the cash limit or sell a cash shop cash limit unlock for people who purchased the game then ill come back and get the rest of the DLC which i still want to get.

Originally posted by rojo6934
    the only thing that stopped me from playing this game is the 2000 gold limit. No matter how much money i spend or a many DLC i purchase (i already own 3 or 4 of them) and still cant remove the 2000 cash limit. Not even with a cash shop unlock purchase.

That's more like AoC (with a 10 gold limit and no way to lift it)

If that's the only thing to stop you, then I have a good news for you ;)  there is an unlock purchase in the store, though not permanent. There were the escrow withdraw purchases since the start but those are too expensive and nbody bought them. So SOE put an escrow access purchase in the store too, it unlocks the escrow on the whole account (every character) for a week. 500 SC I think.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Po_gg
    the only thing that stopped me from playing this game is the 2000 gold limit. No matter how much money i spend or a many DLC i purchase (i already own 3 or 4 of them) and still cant remove the 2000 cash limit. Not even with a cash shop unlock purchase.

If that's the only thing to stop you, then I have a good news for you ;)  there is an unlock purchase in the store, though not permanent. There were the escrow withdraw purchases since the start but those are too expensive and nbody bought them. So SOE put an escrow access purchase in the store too, it unlocks the escrow on the whole account (every character) for a week. 500 SC I think.

yeah when the game turned F2P i think they sold a cap increased, i think i bought that but its still limited. I would prefer paying a little bit more for a permanent unlock. Renting is a bad practice IMO. A lot of F2P mmos do that to keep people unofficially "subscribed" to in game services. The exact same reason i stopped playing Age of Wushu.... you cant purchase unlocks, just rent them. But thanks for the info. SOE has removed / decreased a lot of restriction to their other mmos. I hope they consider selling a permanent cash unlock for DCUO some day. I'll probably download it again for fun (it is a fun game), but not for long term.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Originally posted by Po_gg

So they have finally changed the escrow management system? that is nice. even though 5$ is still a bit too much for only a week but still it is far better than what was before. an off topic question : have they taken care of hackerscheatersexploiters in pvp yet? 

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

Originally posted by jesteralways

So they have finally changed the escrow management system? that is nice. even though 5$ is still a bit too much for only a week but still it is far better than what was before. an off topic question : have they taken care of hackerscheatersexploiters in pvp yet? 

Can't say, I don't pvp (and I haven't played in the last ~6 months...) But I know there was a huge banhammer event 1-2 years ago, after that the situation became much better.

Before the banhammer even pve was full of them, they exploited without any worries... I mean when you see a dude constantly dodge-rolling while talking to a questgiver npc because he doesn't even care to turn it off in Gotham, then you know something is really bad with the game... well, at least those are gone. Legends was much better after the banning as well (I don't count it as pvp, it's just a quick fun with revving up the Harley :) ).

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    the only thing that stopped me from playing this game is the 2000 gold limit.

SOE removed the coin limit from EQ2 a year ago - Nov 2012

I'm surprised DCUO still has a coin limits

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527
    They need to offer a money cap removal in the store for about 10$ and then people will probably flock to the game like Rift.