Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My screen is color washed when I play Eve; solution?

RudedawgCDNRudedawgCDN Member UncommonPosts: 507

I am a brand new player to Eve Online - so far it's pretty cool - although the starter weapons and ship seem pretty weak. Hoping with some training and upgrades the feeling of "weakness" goes away :)

The problem I am having is that the game plays and displays fine - but when I alt-tab or quit the game my computer screen is all color washed and the only way I can rectify it is to restart my computer.

Anyone know a computer setting I can adjust in Eve Online to fix?

Thank you!

Comments

• alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370

Sounds like it might be related to i.e. graphics card so such info (+ operating system) could make it easier for others to help.

Also with the feeling of weakness - it never goes away truly;-) You get your skills, better ships, bigger guns and then someone kills it in a blink of an eye. Although if by weakness going away you mean level 1-2 missions done with ease then it's around 3-4 weeks (maybe less)

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Originally posted by alterfenix

Also with the feeling of weakness - it never goes away truly;-) You get your skills, better ships, bigger guns and then someone kills it in a blink of an eye. Although if by weakness going away you mean level 1-2 missions done with ease then it's around 3-4 weeks (maybe less)

Bullshit. Get in a good corp, say goodbye to missions, start having fun and being important and getting stuff done. Your character skills are less important than most people think they are.

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• CactusJackCactusJack Member UncommonPosts: 393
    Originally posted by Krematory
    Originally posted by alterfenix

Bullshit. Get in a good corp, say goodbye to missions, start having fun and being important and getting stuff done. Your character skills are less important than most people think they are.

Yes, this is the correct answer. If you are playing EvE without friends, you aren't seeing what the game really can offer. Disagree? Well, try to live in a wormhole as a solo player. Move to O.O and live solo, not happening. You could try and survive in lo sec, but you will be run out before long. 

If you want to live in hi sec and run missions, then that's your cup o' tea. As for experiencing all EvE Online has to offer...well you won't do it solo.

Playing: BF4/BF:Hardline, Subnautica 7 days to die
    Hiatus: EvE
    Waiting on: World of Darkness(sigh)
    Interested in: better games in general

• AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Nvidia card?  There is currently an issue with some Nvidia cards and EVE. Next driver update is supposed to fix it.

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.