Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avoid game in its current state.

Ironically after I defended this game in the forum below the past month has more than changed my mind.  

This game is now rampant with hacks, dupes, and exploits and the GM's are never on during the weekends, when most of the illegal activity is going on.  The GM's that they do have are no longer communicating with the player base, and just focused on churning out more content and item mall items rather than stopping to fix these issues.

Many friends have quit, or like myself, are on hiatus to see if the dev team is capable of restoring some credibility to the game.

For more information on their official site under palatino plaza you will see a topic about magic bullet hacks, as well as one from a month ago about post here for the current on going issues.

Sad time for this game, and given the history of Nexon as a whole, as well as with this game, I think this game is on it's way out.  Which is really sad, was a fun game when it was being managed decently.  Despite the item mall nay sayers this game was truly unique, and well thought out as a overall mmo to paying and non paying players.  Alas. as with all games that are not policed well, this one is no fun knowing that all you have to do is buy a illegal item or 2 and go out and make gold/items with only 1minute worth of effort, destroying the in game market as well as the item mall for Nexon themselves.

Comments

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Absolutely wonderful game ruined by a horrid item mall and game management (even before it switched to Nexon, though Nexon was somehow worse, I think).  Just like Dungeon Fighter.  Sigh.  This wasn't a matter of the devs failing to bring in their promises like other games. These games, IMHO, actually achieved their promises and more.  Then the publishers and management had to ruin everything.  And I mean, really REALLY REALLY ruin.
  • redjohn22redjohn22 Member Posts: 11

Sadly, I will admit now I think this game is all but dead, there's a little bit more content coming, which is introducing new hacks and bugs because some people exploit the previous versions.

For those that don't understand the above statement, the US or International version as it is called, is one of the last versions to get patches from the devs in Korea.  Thus other versions that have had the content longer and do not fix their issues bring it to this version.  Gold sellers, and their kind obviously take major advantage of this fact and ruin it each chance they get.  All while Nexon and its affiliates watch it unfold.

They have weekly pvp tournaments that were just ruined because of the current hacked item.  Instead of coming to the office and fixing the issue before these times happened, Nexon just let it play out.

I'm really going to miss this game as it was something different and I even enjoyed the grind.  Alas, item mall games always scared me, and this is why :(.

• maple2maple2 Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Originally posted by redjohn22

Ironically after I defended this game in the forum below the past month has more than changed my mind.  

This game is now rampant with hacks, dupes, and exploits and the GM's are never on during the weekends, when most of the illegal activity is going on.  The GM's that they do have are no longer communicating with the player base, and just focused on churning out more content and item mall items rather than stopping to fix these issues.

Many friends have quit, or like myself, are on hiatus to see if the dev team is capable of restoring some credibility to the game.

For more information on their official site under palatino plaza you will see a topic about magic bullet hacks, as well as one from a month ago about post here for the current on going issues.

Sad time for this game, and given the history of Nexon as a whole, as well as with this game, I think this game is on it's way out.  Which is really sad, was a fun game when it was being managed decently.  Despite the item mall nay sayers this game was truly unique, and well thought out as a overall mmo to paying and non paying players.  Alas. as with all games that are not policed well, this one is no fun knowing that all you have to do is buy a illegal item or 2 and go out and make gold/items with only 1minute worth of effort, destroying the in game market as well as the item mall for Nexon themselves.

are u on drugs? Atlantica is not ruined at all..

the only game that is ruined and critical bugged and messed up is Maplestory Europe.. that game is so bugged and unplayable.. so no.. Atlantica is not in any troubles and Gm are on in weekends and they are doing things.. atleast that is if u talk about Global atlantica.

also what bugs.. cause there are surely no bugs.. in atlantica that is seen or anything.. Duping, and hacking is new in atlantica and is rarely seen. and u dont need item mall at all..

but if Eu atlantica u might be right...

• redjohn22redjohn22 Member Posts: 11

No, I'm talking about the US version, as I already said.  Right now as we speak there are hacked items everywhere on market.  Hacked ammo and charms, both with insane stats.  Titan was ruined by people using these as they just 1 shot players and won the tournament.

I know you do not need item mall, I never said that anywhere, in fact in my other post in another thread I already touched that topic. 

Most of what you claim can be directly countered on the official forums, as GM's do not work weekends on any kind of regular basis.  AC's are not GM's if that is what you are referring to, they are volunteers, nothing more.

Before you troll me, go read their official sites forums, I'm posting on here because if I make a negative post there, it gets edited or removed.  Everything you just said is countered by Nexons own employees claiming they are working to fix these bugs and issues.  The duped issues, while somewhat new, was left to be and there are many of those items still in game that people are using to make alts, do raids, and get rich off a duped +10 weapon. 

If playing a game that is not being over ran by hackers and exploiters isn't broken, then a lot of great games have failed with less damage.  Sure they might remove the items days afterwards, the use of those items still was exploited.

All games have bugs....again what are you talking about, have you even visited the official bug hunt forum for the game?

• yucklawyersyucklawyers Member UncommonPosts: 240

I can confirm this. Just been banned from their forum for saying the same thing (for which I do not blame them, I did rather attack Nexon).

The game is not dead, that much is true, despite some of the weaker servers having next to no players now, there is still a small player base on the most popular server, but unfortunately the game is probably entering the death throes of it's lifecycle at the International/US version. The integrity of the game has been destroyed. It's no longer a level playing field.

Botting has been out of control for months, and due to code bugs a while back, players were able to duplicate for free the most powerful weapons in the game. All weapons if they wished in fact. A month later, bullets, arrows, charms appeared on the market with ridiculously insane stats again due to a code bug. The weekly PVP was won by a one-shotting low level abusing this.

This situation has been ongoing for a number of weeks now. Unfortunately Nexon America is just a cowboy company setup to milk a foreign (to the actual originating company) playerbase and cannot fix these issues. Hence the weeks and weeks of abuse.

As far as I am aware, not a single person has been banned for this abuse. At least, no names have been given or made public or posted to the forum and known abusers are still around. Reports of abuse incidents are still being made months later. Nexon make bold claims about zero tolerance for abuse, then just sweep it under the carpet. *shrug*

It's unfortunate, this used to a be that rarest of things, a unique mmorpg worth playing.

• grindingamergrindingamer Member Posts: 65

Being a player for almost 2 years, I still end up coming back here. The IM is the only thing I hate about AO. It's too expensive, plain and simple. I wouldn't mind paying for mounts, but not through boxes that have horrible drop rates. 

Aside from the Item Mall, the game never bores me. I love my guild and nation. Being level 142, I still have a long way to go and raids coming up soon hehe! The new update brought a lot of new players, and this was fun to see. The game is alot of fun if you ignore the Item Mall and Nexon needs to realize they have a gem in their hands. There's no other F2P out there with this much content! The new update and Trish has been great so far, hopefully they don't f*** it up :D

• yucklawyersyucklawyers Member UncommonPosts: 240

Just to update this thread. There are still no bannings or any punishment for exploiting the bugs and hacks. Duplicate weapons are still appearing in the market and being used. So frustrating to obey the rules and watch people cheat their way past you.

And any negative post is being deleted from their forum under their FUD rules (cannot spread Fear, Uncertainty or Doubt; just about covers anything if you want it to, lol).

And some mains are being major league nerfed to try and force players into buying "class change" coupons from the IM now. The game is getting worse and worse.

The IM has always been greed based, but Nexon seem to be gearing up to close the game down, running it into the ground. I hope it's sold on rather than closed like two other hubs, one Asian, one Latin, were recently.

• SmashixSmashix Member UncommonPosts: 91

I would say that this game has issues, just like every other MMO I've ever played.

If you have never tried to play this game, give it a shot. It's fun, it's different. It might give you a few months (or potentially more) of a good time.

If you are looking for the perfect game, with no issues and every single thing being absolutely perfect, then you'll never play any game, because there is no such thing.

Nexon has done a lot of things right. They keep introducing new mercs and main classes, to me, that's worth a lot. I played WoW off and on for 8+ years and in all that time, they've only added 2 classes. What do you think is the thing that makes an MMO the most fun and keeps you playing? For me, hands down, it's class variety, it always comes down to that. AO keeps adding more.

With the new Stormcaller class, they also added a new weapon, the whip, and a new feature, overdrive, to the game. I quit this game for about 8 months and then came back and they added so much content to it. With WoW (yes, I keep using this is a reference, because everyone knows it and it's, for the most part, highly regarded) , you wait 2 years for new content every time. Yes, I know there are .1, .2, etc, but that's what? A few weeks more stuff for end game and that's it, then back to twiddling your thumbs.

The current event, Santa's Villa, is a recurring event, but this year it's not worth doing. Lame rewards, super lame! However, the previous 2-3 events were awesome. I got a new merc (the Bard) from it and was able to get skill book to max out all but one of his skills from doing event quests. Awesome!

Again, are there issues in AO? Yep! Have any of them ruined my enjoyment of the game? No!

Ultimately, if I stop playing this game, it won't be because of any of the issues people here have complained about, but because I get bored or run out of things to do, just as it was with many other MMOs (those I actually liked).

• SagonatorSagonator Member UncommonPosts: 12

I agree that game is badly managed but still people are playing.

I agree that IM could be annoying for casual players and yet ppl like me aint paying.

The game had lots of downs and ups, but mostly downs. I see hope though...

Recently( 1-2 months ago) 2 new GMs were recruited and they are active even. For the first time in 4-5 years the game has finally been cleaned from bots (an issue every single game has problems with even huge companies like NcSoft)  

Game wont die guys, because its just too unique. If another one comes on the corner it could be a problem but for now this game will always have a dedicated fanbase :) 

Me as a player will always love this game no matter what and continue to play and enjoy it.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

AO would be awesome as a P2P without cash shop.

The P2W in this one makes me sick :j

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600
    Quick! Someone fetch a cleric! We have a forum necromancer raising long dead threads from the Forum Tombs!

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk