Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GUILD WARS 2 FREE TRIAL REVIEW

1235»

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Lock this thread, it has to be the biggest flamebait thread of the decade.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Wow, so much stuff that simply isn't true, and such a long post too. Why bother? Anyone who knows the game can tell what kind of post this is.

imageimage
  • PapaprikaPapaprika Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Originally posted by JoeyMMO
    Wow, so much stuff that simply isn't true, and such a long post too. Why bother? Anyone who knows the game can tell what kind of post this is.

ACtually it is all true. Funny if it is all positive and only picks on the light stuff like "sound could use work, but it is ok, its free right? HIYUK:" than that is tolerable. Tell the truth and nothing but the truth and that is "long post, so wrong oh my". 

But hey, I have played this game long enough (End character from Closed beta) to know exactly what it is. And I have been in mmorpg long enough (just go to the archives of this GW2 forum) and see the mass brainless fanboisme that exists. In fact, this account and my 10 others get cut if they are not super promotional happy go lucky. Thankfully I am a writer for another website (freedom of speech rules there and i get easy 4K views a day). Any ways. Enjoy the serving of freedom king sized with reality. 

• RabidMouthRabidMouth Member Posts: 196
    Originally posted by Papaprika

ACtually it is all true. Funny if it is all positive and only picks on the light stuff like "sound could use work, but it is ok, its free right? HIYUK:" than that is tolerable. Tell the truth and nothing but the truth and that is "long post, so wrong oh my". 

But hey, I have played this game long enough (End character from Closed beta) to know exactly what it is. And I have been in mmorpg long enough (just go to the archives of this GW2 forum) and see the mass brainless fanboisme that exists. In fact, this account and my 10 others get cut if they are not super promotional happy go lucky. Thankfully I am a writer for another website (freedom of speech rules there and i get easy 4K views a day). Any ways. Enjoy the serving of freedom king sized with reality. 

I'm happy for you and your success as a writer elsewhere. Unfortunately many of your statements have been proven to be false throughout this thread. You just seem to ignore those statements.

I'm disappointed in myself for taking the bait

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

Yep. Its kind of funny because there are tons of really valid reasons to dislike this game, it isn't like you need to make up a bunch of things to try to post something negative about the game. The OP seemed to think he had to though.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Sorry, but you aren't fooling anyone.  Besides, you just contradicted yourself by claiming to have played the game "long enough (end character from closed beta), when you admitted in your first post that this was your FIRST TIME playing GW2

Guild Wars 2, in an attempt to ring in more players, has had a free trial extended this week all through sunday, the end of the weekend. I FINALLY got my hands on it and installed. I missed the last free trial because I did not want to install all those gigs for 2 days, and I had fear it would not run good on my 5 year old lap top (ATI mobility Radeon HD 5470 1gb native, with 8gigs on the ASUS system and a 2gig power boost).

Now that the cat's out of the bag, well I'm sure everyone is thinking what I'm thinking, but let's give you the benefit of the doubt.  Mind explaining how this free trial could have been your first experience with the game when you CLEARLY have played the game since the beta?

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

Originally posted by Ender4

Yep. Its kind of funny because there are tons of really valid reasons to dislike this game, it isn't like you need to make up a bunch of things to try to post something negative about the game. The OP seemed to think he had to though.

Agreed, there certainly are plenty of valid reasons to dislike this game (not that I can think of any since I love the game).

Mind giving us a few examples?  I'm not being sarcastic; I genuinly want to know what a person who dislikes GW2 without resorting to claiming that it "sux" says these reasons are.

• PapaprikaPapaprika Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Originally posted by MadDemon64

Sorry, but you aren't fooling anyone.  Besides, you just contradicted yourself by claiming to have played the game "long enough (end character from closed beta), when you admitted in your first post that this was your FIRST TIME playing GW2

Guild Wars 2, in an attempt to ring in more players, has had a free trial extended this week all through sunday, the end of the weekend. I FINALLY got my hands on it and installed. I missed the last free trial because I did not want to install all those gigs for 2 days, and I had fear it would not run good on my 5 year old lap top (ATI mobility Radeon HD 5470 1gb native, with 8gigs on the ASUS system and a 2gig power boost).

Now that the cat's out of the bag, well I'm sure everyone is thinking what I'm thinking, but let's give you the benefit of the doubt.  Mind explaining how this free trial could have been your first experience with the game when you CLEARLY have played the game since the beta?

I'm not fooling anyone? Who uses that language? Grandma? Are you a 12 year old GW2 fanboi in grandmas basement? "your not fooling anyone little johnny, get back in the basement". It is all true. I can even post a link where the original article came from (This is just a copy and PASTE from my original site). Everytime I post a link to other mmorpgs sites this site removes the post and blocks my account (it prefers we all discuss and stay in here...further proving my point RIGHT). 

Maybe I have an idea.

Maybe if I try something new. Read the letters on the FAR LEFT of this post in capitals. That is my original site. I also have

Other sites like my personal gameing blog.

So go ahead and check it out. 

It looks like you can use grandmas one liners to support a an obvious fail title.

That said. There are good points you all seem to look over in my review. I even say this game works for a certain crowd.

Either way. I win. Thaks for laying, my last post on this obviously correct thread. 

I'm not fooling anyone? Who uses that language? Grandma? Are you a 12 year old GW2 fanboi in grandmas basement? "your not fooling anyone little johnny, get back in the basement". It is all true. I can even post a link where the original article came from (This is just a copy and PASTE from my original site). Everytime I post a link to other mmorpgs sites this site removes the post and blocks my account (it prefers we all discuss and stay in here...further proving my point RIGHT). 

Maybe I have an idea.

Maybe if I try something new. Read the letters on the FAR LEFT of this post in capitals. That is my original site. I also have

Other sites like my personal gameing blog.

So go ahead and check it out. 

It looks like you can use grandmas one liners to support a an obvious fail title.

That said. There are good points you all seem to look over in my review. I even say this game works for a certain crowd.

Either way. I win. Thaks for laying, my last post on this obviously correct thread. 

Yes you win, because you called everyone who disagreed with you a "fanboi" and claimed that their opinions were null and void due to their "fanboi-ness" (ad hominem fallacy btw), and then claim to be a writer for another MMO gaming website without providing a link to anything you have written (oh and I did a search on said site and you don't exist there so nice try but no).

The only thing you won was a horrifying loss.

P.S.  We saw the "good points" you mentioned, and saw them for what they were: failed attempts to hide your true intentions.

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884

Agreed, there certainly are plenty of valid reasons to dislike this game (not that I can think of any since I love the game).

Mind giving us a few examples?  I'm not being sarcastic; I genuinly want to know what a person who dislikes GW2 without resorting to claiming that it "sux" says these reasons are.

Goto any MMO forum and read any of the threads on GW2 and you will find all sorts of threads on why people don't like the game that go beyond saying the game "sux."  You may not agree with them, but that is irrelevant.

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• RabidMouthRabidMouth Member Posts: 196

I play the game quite frequently and I think some of its major drawbacks are how zergy combat is and the lack of much to do at endgame. There is little to do in terms of gear progression, and the living story tends to be on the weak side.

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    Originally posted by stevebombsquad

Goto any MMO forum and read any of the threads on GW2 and you will find all sorts of threads on why people don't like the game that go beyond saying the game "sux."  You may not agree with them, but that is irrelevant.

People, as in each of your negative posts against it that you just can't stop doing?  Over and over again?  Those "people"?

• LokbergLokberg Member Posts: 315
    Originally posted by CowboyHat

I play the game quite frequently and I think some of its major drawbacks are how zergy combat is and the lack of much to do at endgame. There is little to do in terms of gear progression, and the living story tends to be on the weak side.

And were did they state that they would have gear progression? from what i remember they stated to opposite.

WvW, Dungeons, living story every other week, map completion legendary/ascended weapon crafting and armor in the works.

Thats more then most games.

Grinding new dungeons or raids for gear that will be obsolite when the next tier of dungeons and raids come is considered more content?

I do admit that WvW feels abit zergy but its fun when 40 people take out dubble their force just becouse they play coordinated.

Living story to each their own its been fine imo but im hugely dissapointed by this years hallowen content

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    I never liked this game during beta, glad I skipped that one. Too casual, too repetitive, bad story/cutscenes -- pass
  • altairraltairr Member UncommonPosts: 81

Totally fail-like review. The writer haven´t even understood, What is guild wars 2 about, because he haven´t even done the whole story, not only one dungeon, nor the pvp / WvWvW ... nothing he just done a few events and "hearths" and thats the whole GW2 for him :-D .... how childish.

But nice try.