Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is the item mall a main feature ?

Is the item mall/buying system one of the main features in tera i.e only some of the best looking things you have to actually buy with real money etc... ?

Comments

• MMOredfalconMMOredfalcon Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Alot of the items in the mall are fluff items. Most of the stuff there really isn't all that nice looking. Outfits are stupid...like snowsuits, schoolgirl outfits or pirate outfits. I have found the ingame stuff to be alot nicer looking than what's available in item shop.
  • Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by MMOredfalcon
    Alot of the items in the mall are fluff items. Most of the stuff there really isn't all that nice looking. Outfits are stupid...like snowsuits, schoolgirl outfits or pirate outfits. I have found the ingame stuff to be alot nicer looking than what's available in item shop.

Not to mention.  All the cash shop items can be purchased through other players with in game currency.  You will find lots of these items on the auction house (Trade Broker in Tera).  So, if there is something you really want off the cash shop and don't want to spend $.  Just cap one character and farm for an hour and you can buy it with in game gold.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    The item mall is not a main feature, for the most part. However, according to a persone (i forgot the name or i would post a link), explained in detail some of the items in the cash shop. Tera has an upgrade system where you enchant your armor (+1,+2,+3 etc) instead of upgrading to a new piece of gear and  the cash shop sells the enchantments for real money. Tera had one of the best models but If that cash shop enchanting item info is true then EnMasse screwed it big time.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Kuraphimaru

Originally posted by rojo6934
    The item mall is not a main feature, for the most part. However, according to a persone (i forgot the name or i would post a link), explained in detail some of the items in the cash shop. Tera has an upgrade system where you enchant your armor (+1,+2,+3 etc) instead of upgrading to a new piece of gear and  the cash shop sells the enchantments for real money. Tera had one of the best models but If that cash shop enchanting item info is true then EnMasse screwed it big time.

Did they also remove enchanting mechanics from the game itself?

i dont know, i never did enchanting. Someone else could confirm that here.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

You're talking about spellbind and again it's something you can get with in game money from other players. It's just easier to buy it with real money.

90+% of players in the game just farm for it so it's not the big OMG!!! people make it out to be. They just see people dump cash to get it and make a big deal out of it. All spellbind does is lock traits to a weapon when you're trying to "reroll" them to get the ones you want for enchanting. K-Tera afaik doesn't even have spellbind ( or didn't at launch )

You can play Tera 100% free if you're willing to farm for things. There is nothing in the game you need that you can't get with in game gold. That doesn't mean things aren't easier if you pay...you just don't have to. They haven't made it an unrealistic mountain to climb if you want to play free.

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535

TERA is one of the games that I've never had to spend any money in. People go nuts for the fluff items and sooner or later gets lower and lower in price on the auction house so if I desire something, I can always buy it using in game gold.

Been playing free since it went F2P.

• eHugeHug Member UncommonPosts: 265

I assume you are talking about the US-Version, right? The EU shop only gives you such stuff when you gamble for it with strongbox keys. The chances are really terrible though, so most people only try it once, then became smarter (;

LFG!