Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Overall population after f2p

Comments

• ZapzapZapzap Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Originally posted by gamekid2k
    Anyone knows how many active players are currently playing SWToR?  Did f2p caused a big increase?

Presently they have 17 total NA and Euro servers left that have a decent population.  All are pretty low. Which is a huge improvement over where they were before the F2P.  Before the game went F2P they only had 3-4 healthy servers left and another 6 or so servers that were about to die.

If you want to calculate the population of each server take the total on during peak time for each server which is likely around 1k and multiply that by 7 or 8 or maybe even 10 assuming a very low amount of players are online at once.  Likely that is around 150k-200k

While there is a lot if not an endless list of things to criticize EA and SWTOR about the F2P conversion did save the game.  They likely only had less than100k (despite what they were telling people using their very liberal definition of active player) active players before that conversion now I would bet they have 2 times that much if not more.

• jonp200jonp200 Member UncommonPosts: 457

As much as I hate the FTP model of this game and the squandered potential of the game, FTP has worked for them.  They have more than doubled their revenue.  

You can dig through EA's Investor site here:  http://investor.ea.com/ ,as they are publicly traded.

More power to them but I won't play.  I hate the model and how restrictive it is.  I used to sub but left after the servers became empty.

Seaspite
    Playing ESO on my X-Box

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by skyline385
    Anyone knows how many active players are currently playing SWToR?  Did f2p caused a big increase?

It's doing extremely well with tons or people and regular updates. Don't mind the haters here and see it for yourself. I even created this thread to get this rid of some of the false presumptions of the game because i simply hate people who hate hard-working devs over lies.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/397350

For me along with Wow best game ever made. And they have another thing in common: haters communitiy has build up faster then for any game out there. But I do not care, game is lively more then ever, in any area decent number of players. At least on my server. And one of rare games without "you noob, asshole, your dps sucks, your tanking sucks, .... and blah blah blah ...". People just play and enjoy.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Originally posted by maxima29
    Originally posted by gervaise1
    Originally posted by altair4

snip

Your compairing Facebook games to swtor? Really?

EA do.

However the 10M, 20M , 50M and 75M+ numbers are not for Facebook games but for PC games. League of Legends, Clone Wars, Runescape etc. And compared to these figures the number of new SWTOR accounts is very small. On the numbers we had SWTORs sold more full price copies than they managed to give away. The 1.7M or 2M number is nothing to write home about.

As I said though EA do compare SWTORs to Facebook games every time they publish their results. At the end of the day a player who spends money is a player who spends money. Games like Battlefield 3 are an even more direct comparison: 10M+ sold with many of those buying an annual premium pass. A subscription I other words.

And based on their analysis EA decide what to invest in. Does SWTORs merit a new expansion or should they create a new Facebook game. You might not like it but that is what happens.. 

• Tindale111Tindale111 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    I don't really understand the hate for this game ,sure there are things that can be improved like the crafting and the game does feel a bit short but the class quests ,flash points ,pvp and the mechanics of the game are really good .just resubbed to the game and im having a blast .On the pvp side I have to wait between instant to 10 mins for low lvl characters, and almost instant for my 55 theres update 2.4 today and with space combat pvp coming in im hoping more people will give it another try ,admittedly the f2p is a bit crap but with a sub of around a tenner I cant see what the fuss is about if you go f2p in any game you would probarly spend more than this a month .
  • maxima29maxima29 Member Posts: 203
    Originally posted by Tindale111

I don't really understand the hate for this game ,sure there are things that can be improved like the crafting and the game does feel a bit short but the class quests ,flash points ,pvp and the mechanics of the game are really good .just resubbed to the game and im having a blast .On the pvp side I have to wait between instant to 10 mins for low lvl characters, and almost instant for my 55 theres update 2.4 today and with space combat pvp coming in im hoping more people will give it another try ,admittedly the f2p is a bit crap but with a sub of around a tenner I cant see what the fuss is about if you go f2p in any game you would probarly spend more than this a month .

Yeah it mind blowing that people would waste two years of their life now bashing a video game they don't play. Then some say they take the challenge DL the game again play for 2 min come back and say nothing has changed. You have the same guy copy/paste the same argument on ever post "all content swtor has released since launch was done at launch" then you have another make claims like "you can buy legacy 50 achievements and buy past content from the cartel market" you call these ridiculous claims out there only response is show me a link to prove me wrong. Sorry no company comes out and says "dear troll your claim about content or buying legacy 50 stuff is so ridiculous we had to make this special article for you". Another claim its not free enough. Even though you can play the entire original game for free. These haters always have HAD or HAVE or At launch in their argument. Its obvious most have no clue of the state of the game. With all that said is it perfect no, is it the greatest game ever no, are a lot of people playing yes. Last night fleet had 5 instances, the new area had 6 instances we ran s&v there were 32 other players running it also the same time we were. Does it have 10m or 75m like a Facebook game no but those are not direct comparison try comparing it to lotro, rift, tera, age of Conan, ff, wow, sto,war,and gw2 When you do that its holding its own. Haters will hate haters will reflect on launch and block out the current game. Haters will waste another few years of their life bashing a video game they don't play its what they do. The mature ones move on and find a new game. FF wasn't for me do I qq on every post? Nope good for those who do enjoy. Why would I waste time crying about it?

PLEASE DONT CRY ABOUT PAGE BREAK CELL PHONE WONT DO THEM. IM SURE YOUR INTELLIGENT ENOUGH TO STILL READ IT.
    Originally posted by superniceguy
    Originally posted by PWN_FACE

However, I will say that as long as they are coming out with new content that they must be making enough money to justify doing it. Since they just came out with a new patch, I guess they are not going bankrupt just yet. 

That is if the content was written after the game launched. A lot of stuff that has been put in was written and already paid for before the game launched, including Makeb, and the not yet released Super Secret Space Project. All content is just being held back to prolong things and make it seem new content in still coming.

Can you please provide a link a source to you knowing what they have just sitting and waiting to be released. All this content has been done completed and just collecting dust hmm? You have ran out of things to bash your only arguenent ever has been its old content its old content.. well your post are old content that you have saved in word that you copy/paste. There is proof of that but yet you have no proof that this last update is old content, bounty hunter missions were old content S&v old content, etc etc.

I was hoping someone would post a link to an article saying that it was recently created / after launch, proving me wrong, but no, just another "copy/paste" rebuttable.

They said that Makeb was done before launch, and before launch they said that multiplayer or PVP space would not be there for launch, implying it would come after launch, and were on about the SSSP.

EA/BW were quite candid about talking about when and how the content was created, but because they are no longer so candid, then one assumes that content was also done before launch. Unless there is an article out there saying content was written after launch and paid with using subscribers / F2P revenue, then I stand my OPINION. It is only opinion, and not fact, and there is no proof because it is only my opinion / view point. But can you prove me opinion wrong?

No they said makeb was in the works and will be released in the 1st major update/expansion which it was. Do you have a clue as to what it takes to make a video game? There is no article no company comes out and says "hi just for the haters we started this patch on such and such date" its a ridiculous ignorant copy/paste that proves you have run out of things to bash. Here I'll play your game Every patch SWG released was done before launch. Until you provide a link that has a date associated with each update I will stand by my claim. Every patch sto has released since launch was done before launch. See not hard to make wild accusations.

The difference in you saying about STO not getting content created after launch is because it is BS, as there is proof:

Here is an article showing that Denise Crosby was working on a secret project for STO between Nov 2012 and Jan 2013, which was an exclusive 3rd year anniversary mission

Now do the same with SWTOR

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/1fs0jf/latest_update_on_datamining_swtor/ Go there SWG hopefully you will stop with the copy/pasting your ridiculous claim all this content was made before launch. This datamine never talks about Treek , The new area we got this week, never talks about the two new raids we got this week, never talks About the bounty Hunter event, never talks about the PvP changes, never talked about the 2 new FP we got last update etc. Etc. Its talks about other projects being worked on.[mod edit]
  • ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by Karteli
    Originally posted by Ktanner3
    Originally posted by Karteli
    Originally posted by Ktanner3

However, I will say that as long as they are coming out with new content that they must be making enough money to justify doing it. Since they just came out with a new patch, I guess they are not going bankrupt just yet. 

That is if the content was written after the game launched. A lot of stuff that has been put in was written and already paid for before the game launched, including Makeb, and the not yet released Super Secret Space Project. All content is just being held back to prolong things and make it seem new content in still coming.

Can you please provide a link a source to you knowing what they have just sitting and waiting to be released. All this content has been done completed and just collecting dust hmm? You have ran out of things to bash your only arguenent ever has been its old content its old content.. well your post are old content that you have saved in word that you copy/paste. There is proof of that but yet you have no proof that this last update is old content, bounty hunter missions were old content S&v old content, etc etc.

I was hoping someone would post a link to an article saying that it was recently created / after launch, proving me wrong, but no, just another "copy/paste" rebuttable.

They said that Makeb was done before launch, and before launch they said that multiplayer or PVP space would not be there for launch, implying it would come after launch, and were on about the SSSP.

EA/BW were quite candid about talking about when and how the content was created, but because they are no longer so candid, then one assumes that content was also done before launch. Unless there is an article out there saying content was written after launch and paid with using subscribers / F2P revenue, then I stand my OPINION. It is only opinion, and not fact, and there is no proof because it is only my opinion / view point. But can you prove me opinion wrong?

I sort of remember Makeb mentioned 2011 and prior.  In other words, when I first heard about the annoucement in 2012, it wasn't a surprise.

I think you are on to something there, but I couldn't find a working link to discuss Makeb, 2011 or prior 2011.  This doesn't mean Makeb didn't exist in beta.  There is some snipplets on Google cache, but the posts were either deleted or are from a now defunct SWTOR support site.  Specically I was targeting blogs made around 2011 to include the keyword "Makeb", yes in quotes, otherwise Google uses bad AI to allow for a "make" typo fix.

You may be onto something, but I guess it's back to you to find the linkage.  Get creative in your search parameters.

Makeb as used in reference to SWTOR was known about prior to 2012 (when it was announced), but it would be extremely hard to find, especially when support sites come and go, and, even more so, when EA purged their forums prior to the 2011 pre-mature launch :P

Plus EA probably paid struggling sites off to remove posts, or forced them to do so on legal IP unreleased grounds.

Essentially, back on you .. but we have faith in you :)  SWTOR support sites are evaporating left and right over the past 1.5 years, so info is scarce.

Originally posted by Whitestep

Believe me its playable on preffered status with the unlocks which by the way you can buy by credits.

But i suppose Haters gonna hate.

Rice cakes are also edible.  Would you like another serving?  YUM!

Haha too funny! Not only have you two wasted two years of your life bashing a video game you don't play now your looking into the archives of Google to find something to bash! Oh the joy of watching two people waste their life away on a video game they don't play. Hey just give google a call maybe they can look up your super secret articles .

No, looking to Google to investigate previous claims from several years ago .. Please at least try to follow before you start to bully!

I would like SWTOR to be a better game.  You lump all my efforts into "hating", or a game I "don't play".  I guess that claim of my 2 years trying to make SWTOR a more friendly and accepting place is another EA rounding for "convenicence" (when really it was a little over a year)?

Is there a reason why you saw fit to attribute posts to me that I didn't write? I do believe that is against board rules. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

No they said makeb was in the works and will be released in the 1st major update/expansion which it was. Do you have a clue as to what it takes to make a video game? There is no article no company comes out and says "hi just for the haters we started this patch on such and such date" its a ridiculous ignorant copy/paste that proves you have run out of things to bash. Here I'll play your game Every patch SWG released was done before launch. Until you provide a link that has a date associated with each update I will stand by my claim. Every patch sto has released since launch was done before launch. See not hard to make wild accusations.

The difference in you saying about STO not getting content created after launch is because it is BS, as there is proof:

Here is an article showing that Denise Crosby was working on a secret project for STO between Nov 2012 and Jan 2013, which was an exclusive 3rd year anniversary mission

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/1fs0jf/latest_update_on_datamining_swtor/ Go there SWG hopefully you will stop with the copy/pasting your ridiculous claim all this content was made before launch. This datamine never talks about Treek , The new area we got this week, never talks about the two new raids we got this week, never talks About the bounty Hunter event, never talks about the PvP changes, never talked about the 2 new FP we got last update etc. Etc. Its talks about other projects being worked on.[mod edit]

Actually it proves me right, and highlights that it was all done before launch still, and future patches and expansions

Future Patches and Expansions

Honestly most of this stuff has been in the game since 2.0, and I’m surprised noone has done a write up.

So, all of this stuff is currently listed in the same directory as Makeb.

2.0 was released before Makeb, and we all know Makeb was done before launch

"Not really, all of our plans this year we already had locked in. Well not locked in, but we did most of our strategy early on in the year because content takes a long time to produce. So, Makeb was something we planned much earlier and we had to go through all the writing and then voice work"

Therefore everything was already done before launch, but is just being held back, and spread out. They are not getting enough revenue to create new content. The amount of content is not ticking in fast enough, and they underestimated how quick people would play through the content, hence why 1.5 million people out of 2 million (75%) quit the game by F2P in November.

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150

I'll tell you how it's doing.  Go try to make a new account under the Free To Play button option.  When you type your future account name in the first box and it states: Name invalid or unavailable...then come back here and give your thoughts.

Actually it proves me right, and highlights that it was all done before launch still, and future patches and expansions

Honestly most of this stuff has been in the game since 2.0, and I’m surprised noone has done a write up.

"Not really, all of our plans this year we already had locked in. Well not locked in, but we did most of our strategy early on in the year because content takes a long time to produce. So, Makeb was something we planned much earlier and we had to go through all the writing and then voice work"

Therefore everything was already done before launch, but is just being held back, and spread out. They are not getting enough revenue to create new content. The amount of content is not ticking in fast enough, and they underestimated how quick people would play through the content, hence why 1.5 million people out of 2 million (75%) quit the game by F2P in November.

You cant reason with a delutional grown ass man like yourself. That is not what it says. Not once did it talk about s&v and ALL THE CONTENT THEY JUST RELEASED. What to know why? Cause it was not with makeb, it was not done before makeb its NEW BUILD SINCE LAUNCH. You keep dreaming into your 50s that bashing a video game lieing about a video you don't play is healthy. Good luck with that buddy your going to be very disappointed spending next few years qq watching all the new content thats been built after launch get deployed.
  • heider89heider89 Member UncommonPosts: 159

swtor is doing good.  

at my server pvp que is around instant to 5 min

arena 4vs4  is instant to 2min

group finder is instant if your tank and a few min if your healer.   if your dps around 5-15 min   at max lvl.

fleet/city feels alive and well there is plenty of ppl every where.

swtor is also gets content updates every 8 weeks. this means new raids/flashpoints/warzones/ osv

am playing on Tomb of freedom nadd

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by skyline385

You can see the population status trend for the last 60 days here.

http://www.torstatus.net/

What Light / Standard / Heavy mean though, no one except BW can say.

Plus the devs can edit the requirements for that too.   SOE did that with Star Wars Galaxies at launch when a 4.5k+ load on a server meant "very heavy" while after the NGE disaster hit they changed the requirement for 'very heavy' to 500 players and above.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by heider89

swtor is doing good.  

I wouldn't say "very good"

I'd say "still alive", and just barely, after firing almost all the staff working on the game and going FTP for a small short spike in money.

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697

Yesterday I logged in after a long break. Tomb of Freedon Nadd EU, 9PM CET, Hoth, 50 people on Empire side.

Not bad, since even after launch, Hoth map rarely had more than 100 people playing. But, since the map is so big, it felt pretty empty and I've maybe seen 2 people running by on speeders. 

TLDR: Overall population is significantly lower than during first couple of months after launch, but far from empty servers. 

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731

no. there is no way anyone can tell u the population and b correct. everything u read will just b opinions or speculation. thats it
  • DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by DeniZg

Yesterday I logged in after a long break. Tomb of Freedon Nadd EU, 9PM CET, Hoth, 50 people on Empire side.

Not bad, since even after launch, Hoth map rarely had more than 100 people playing. But, since the map is so big, it felt pretty empty and I've maybe seen 2 people running by on speeders. 

TLDR: Overall population is significantly lower than during first couple of months after launch, but far from empty servers. 

Well, they're not empty because the servers got merged like, 5 times already.

• DavynelordDavynelord Member Posts: 122

From my perspective, most of you guys spouting numbers and equating a games success to those numbers over the course of a short time span are just being ignorant or just like to find something to place blame on everything.

Well the fact of the matter is that no smart, rational, realistic thinking gamer cares about how many subs a game has.  As long as when you log on you feel there are plenty of people to play with or against and the developers continue to produce new content at reasonable rates, that's all that matters.   The numbers should only mean something to BW/EA for obvious reasons.  So that's a discussion they should be having, not players like us.

OH and another thing, subs to any game can't really be anything you use to gauge the success of a game or not.   That's because there are far too many things that can affect a players ability or willingness to sub to a game or stay subbed to a game.

How many people lose their job everyday in the world?

How many people have medical emergencies take thousands out of your pocket?

How many peoples rates went up on their insurance, morgage, tuition, credit cards etc.?

How many people suffered a natural disaster (hurricane, tornado, lightning storms etc.)?

How many people just had a new addition to the family (via birth, adoption)?

How many people simply find a new game they want to try out for a few months but can only afford to sub to one game at a time?

How many guys stop playing because their girlfriend/wife threatened to leave because he's gaming too much, so he stops in order to give her the attention she's asking for or needs?

How many gamers have their subs paid by someone else...parent, significant other, friends etc...and lose the benefits of that and have to unsub?  Really there are a lot of broke gamers out there using other peoples resources to game...

What about the economy in general, when it's up gaming is good, when it's down, gaming gets bad just like any other business in life....heck the U.S. Government has shut down...you think these things don't affect the number of subs to a game?

Bottom line, all the above are things that can potentially happen to people over the course of time they are subbed to any game.  Any of those things can dictate that you stop subbing to a game and can happen to thousands or millions of people at once.  It doesn't always mean that games lose subs because the game is bad or whatever.   However, every time these types of threads appear, the only side of the story ever discussed is how good or bad a game, it's developers or playerbase is and that it's the main reasons why games lose subs....just a waste of time and lots of ignorance or inability to think about more than just a game and a sub.

Sorry but until I see the real reason 100k subs stopped subbing to a game in the span of 6 months other than some numbers from the web that may or may not be accurate, I can't put much weight into such things and have it decide for me the quality of any game and if it's worth subbing to or playing.   I can't sit here and assume that all 100k players who stopped subbing did so because a game forced them to by being bad, not fixing bugs, having bad development or just got boring.   I just know that a lot of games get bashed for various things and when I go play them I find out they often aren't as bad as people say...some are but most aren't.   SWTOR is one of those games that is nowhere near as bad of shape as people on the net keep complaining about.  

Lastly, as the free to play modal goes, you guys once again are being a bit too harsh on swtor in saying it's the worst...I think it's the opposite really.   The reason I say this is because all those other games people mention can be played for free up front and get you in the end because they also have their restrictions and limitations at endgame to be competitive and all have cash shops or something where you eventually find the desire or need to spend real money on them if you want to keep up with competition (which is a vast majority of gaming anyway).  

Well the f2p in swtor might be restricting up front, but for a measily $5 you can become preferred....so tell me you don't spend more than that or more on other cash shop f2p games?   Heck how many times you stop at the fast food shops to buy overpriced lunches...my last mcdonald's trip cost $22 for a meal that only sufficed my hunger for a couple hours for me and my kids.   I could take that $22 spend 10 to 15 on a full dinner that I cook at home and take the rest and buy a preferred account in swtor...then spend the rest of my FREE play time just earning ingame credtis to buy all the other benefits that preferred need to unlock.   So please, don't talk about SWTOR f2p modal being the worst....anybody that never spends a single dime on the game shouldn't deserve to have what sub and preferred get...just remember though, it's the non-subs that keep games alive and well these days because the economy is so screwed up now that people can't afford to throw away money on monthly subs anymore....I know I can't...I use to sub for years to MMO's....between 2003 and 2008 I spent well over $1,000 per year in subs alone because I subbed to multiple games at once...would play one one day, another the next day and so on as my mood changed...but with 4 kids, a wife, a niece to take care of and brand new car (a month old) and morgage, insurance, school cost, credit cards...blah blah, can't even think about paying out $180 a year for a sub....I'm sure there are many more people out there in worse financial situations than me....

So I say screw subs and the numbers to video games...those numbers are fake, inflated, not accurate, dont' consider the more important aspects of subbing to a game etc....

• DavynelordDavynelord Member Posts: 122

^^ sorry for all of text ^^  

But Im the type that I like to say everything and dont' like to keep posting 100 times to reinforce what I said in a two line post...I just say my piece and move on...take what you will from what I said, I've given my 2 cents and how I feel...

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

snip

There's another side you can look at based on what happened at Bioware last year - and to the people involved. This will be familiar to anyone who has gone through a re-structuring and it suggests to me that Makeb was done in two parts. Think back:

All is rosy. Pre-launch thro' March/April say. Expectations were high - James Olsen suggested, in September before launch that they were working on post release content. Box sales surpassed expectations, new servers being added. Happy days = people working on new stuff. After all that was why they had a sub!

April thro' July say. Crisis management meetings. Free month given out in May. Subscribers still leaving. Lots of number cruching. Decision to go free-to-play. Lay-offs announced in early July. People will have known and at some point resumes, attending internal interviews, applying for new jobs will have trumped content production. New content will have dried up.

August thro' November say. Bleak times. Very tight budget controls. New, smaller team. Some new staff being recruited. First priority: get the F2P up and running. New content unlikely to be high on the agenda except for cash shop items. Talk is cheap of course!

Post relaunch. Uncertain times. What can we sell. Dust off the files. What new stuff had been produced. What could be used. Could it be finished quickly and if so at what cost. And based on what EA have said - more than once - about how long new content takes it is unlikley that they produced all of Makeb from scratch. Maybe they did but if they were suggesting 9 montsh when they had large teams ....

Anyway this is a human take on the saga. Real people were involved and there will have been massive disruption. You can have all the plans you want but when the storm hits they go out of the window. And a storm hit SWTOR for which EA were unprepared.

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530

I love all these "Give me the NUMBERS" folks... seriously - Log in and find out.

Oh, but, but, but, "I wouldn't play that game if you pay'd me too!!" - then why do you care?

• Masonic1Masonic1 Member Posts: 41

its crystal clear tor is a dying game and bioware is a sinking ship.

launch was a mess all the of the reviews stated worst mmo in history and players left after that first month to better games. if $OE had been smart they would have gotten another year for swg and it would have paided for its self in the first month alone. p2w has been a bust no one is buying anything from the p2w store. the new planet they put in a few months ago is awful and again they had to give it out for free two weeks ago. the team is down to 5 people working on the game and they are just putting in all of the cut content that didn't make it at launch and the players know that.

so what tor is left with is a die hard sub base of biodrones and fanbois and thats only about 75k. the servers are dying off most servers at prime time barely have anyone playing republic and the pub side looks like a ghost town. chances are bioware may see a small spike with the starfighter MOBA they are putting in however the p2w thats going in with that will kill it.

look for tor to be sunset next year and bioware to go after dragon age 3 bombs.

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530
    Originally posted by Masonic1

its crystal clear tor is a dying game and bioware is a sinking ship.

launch was a mess all the of the reviews stated worst mmo in history and players left after that first month to better games. if $OE had been smart they would have gotten another year for swg and it would have paided for its self in the first month alone. p2w has been a bust no one is buying anything from the p2w store. the new planet they put in a few months ago is awful and again they had to give it out for free two weeks ago. the team is down to 5 people working on the game and they are just putting in all of the cut content that didn't make it at launch and the players know that.

so what tor is left with is a die hard sub base of biodrones and fanbois and thats only about 75k. the servers are dying off most servers at prime time barely have anyone playing republic and the pub side looks like a ghost town. chances are bioware may see a small spike with the starfighter MOBA they are putting in however the p2w thats going in with that will kill it.

look for tor to be sunset next year and bioware to go after dragon age 3 bombs.

Please provide evidence to the underlined statement.

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 606

*snip*launch was a mess all the of the reviews stated worst mmo in history*snip*

Not on IGN, where the entire staff mysteriously got a bonus check at launch. :P

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• Masonic1Masonic1 Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by Kazuhiro

*snip*launch was a mess all the of the reviews stated worst mmo in history*snip*

Not on IGN, where the entire staff mysteriously got a bonus check at launch. :P

ign is well known for being in ea's and microsoft's pockets when it comes to any review.

look at the user reviews however tor is one of the worst rated mmo's ever.