Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG Evil Outfit Contest!

HelleriHelleri Member UncommonPosts: 930

So, the idea here is a thread where we can cut loose a bit and show off our creative sides. An Image Contest!. Details below:

Theme of Images for the contest:

Chaotic/Evil/Dark

Image entry and participation guidelines:

• Post images in reply on this thread (don't PM them).

• Image must be of character you own and the image taken and edited/saved by you (the MMORPG you take the image in is your choice).

• Images must be newly taken for contest from an extant MMORPG.

• Image has to stay reasonably within the theme to count.

• image must display in the reply (no links that need to be opened which navigate to the image)

• Try to keep the on forum display resolution of the image around 512x512.

• Effects of image editors/manipulators are allowed. But, try to preserve the focus of the image as it would be seen in game on no better then maximum graphical level of quality.

• 1 entry per participant.

• Rate images on a scale of 1-10 (entrants and non entrants alike may rate. You can rate as many of the entries as you like but only give one rating per entry).

The Process:

• New entries will be accepted until exactly one 7 day week after the post time of the first post of this thread. Any entries after wards will not be considered in the final stage of selecting a winner.

• The top 5 images (determined by adding together the scores given be posters), will be assigned bonus rating scores (1-5) by the OP (myself) based on 5 factors (listed below):

1. Inclusion of fitting companions (such as mounts, pets, followers).
  2. Posed, or capped mid animation of an emote (as apposed to just standing there).
  3. Inclusion of a scene that both fits the theme and style of the characters outfit (i.e. vampire outfit + taken in a Roman-Gothic transitional cathedral at night next to a coffin = +1).
  4. Clever inclusions, such as making the character look like they are doing something that are not or that the game mechanics wouldn't actually allow for (think...classic tourist image - holding the tower of pizza).
  5. Setting the scene. Tell us about your entry... The MMORPG it was taken in, your character. Perhaps give a short story (please do keep it brief) to the scene. Tell us about bonus point factors that may not be obvious (like if a pose should not be possible. But, you made it work somehow, and how you did it).

• Once final bonus points are awarded to the top 5 entrants at the close of the week a poll will be opened that includes the top 3 images after final bonus points have been assigned (if there is some sort of tie between two images it may contain 4 final entries). This poll will be open for one additional week. If somehow there is some sort of tie...Iunno moderator/admin decision breaks tie or something (if they want to participate).

• Below is an example image of what an entry might reasonably look like (this is from Runescape3 and of my character Hal Cal). This is not an actual entry (I won't be entering myself for fairness sake, of the op not being one of the entrants)...Just a quick example though:

Comments

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Wish I could participate, but I do not usually play "evil" characters, though in WoW I did play some horde characters. I do like taking screenshots, though :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• HelleriHelleri Member UncommonPosts: 930

Well, if this one goes well maybe we can do a good character one (I didn't want to make it to broad). Or even like a theme of profession (skiller attire...like blacksmiths, fishers, miners etc.) And, in any case if this does see some entries you can always participate through rating.

• Neo_ViperNeo_Viper Member UncommonPosts: 609

For instance, warlocks in WoW, on both sides, have quite "evil looking" attires.

Example:

My computer is better than yours.

I'm gonna start then.

That "Sauron" (Lord of the Rings) look - WoW, Death Knight, Heroic Icecrown Citadel gear, screenshot taken inside the "Cathedral of Darkness" in Icecrown.

(Right click - "View Image" to see the full thing in your browser - works in Firefox at least).

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

My evil sorceress from SWTOR...

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    I like my City of Villians guy but he's gone.

I am hesitant to rate myself as I am tallying final bonus points at the end but I goto say post #6 Evil sorceress, I really like. she looks like she is washing herself in a shower of dark power. A combination of catching it mid-cast and the right area lighting?

Also, I want to say. Dropping a large image in can be tricky with the way the forums work. By default though changing one dimension changes the other to keep aspect ratio. So, if you type 512 in width that works for keeping it within the page, without having to scroll or second click/view image. Still the okay button is hard to hit sometimes even after scaling. So, if you move to the advanced tab it minimizes the image you are uploading allowing you to hit the ok. I know it seems a shame to make them smaller but even when their forum display resolution is lower, right clicking to view image will show full size.

The thread could use more entries before you rate :)

Well as, stated in the OP the final tallying of ratings and bonus score is in a week from the post date (still 6 more days or so). Also you can rate as many images as you like just based one how much you like them (but, only give one rating per image). So, when people start rating doesn't matter. If they absolutely love one and then later like another just as much they can give them both 5's. And then say, if those two end up being the top ranked. One may get dropped due to final tallying. And, even if two top ones end up in the poll together and people couldn't really decide at the moment they have another chance to vote for the one they like the very best. I really think this setup will have it all working out nicely.