Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will SWTOR ever recover?

Comments

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Originally posted by superniceguy

The game is not doing great if this thread is anything to go by, the servers are constantly declining, as they were FULL mostly, then Very Heavy, and now just Heavy and Standard?

SWTOR will last as long as the licence holds, but now that the long awaited SSSP is finally coming for Dec-Feb, there is nothing yet to come - What comes next Bioware?

All known content that has been in the works for the past 2 years or more, will all be in game by Dec. SWTOR should last through most of 2014, 2015 if lucky, but they will get more money focussing on creating console and PC games on a yearly basis. I will buy more Star Wars games by EA, but not willing to pay more money into SWTOR. It was fun while it lasted for the few months solid play, but is not a long term game like SWG and other MMOs.

You have been waiting the fail of swtor for almost  2 years, it didnt happen and it wont happen. Is ok if you dont like the game but there is a lot of SW fans who love it and enjoy it everyday. Whats comes next? dont worry about that, you dont even play the game.   

• maxima29maxima29 Member Posts: 203
    Originally posted by hikaru77

The game is not doing great if this thread is anything to go by, the servers are constantly declining, as they were FULL mostly, then Very Heavy, and now just Heavy and Standard? SWTOR will last as long as the licence holds, but now that the long awaited SSSP is finally coming for Dec-Feb, there is nothing yet to come - What comes next Bioware? All known content that has been in the works for the past 2 years or more, will all be in game by Dec. SWTOR should last through most of 2014, 2015 if lucky, but they will get more money focussing on creating console and PC games on a yearly basis. I will buy more Star Wars games by EA, but not willing to pay more money into SWTOR. It was fun while it lasted for the few months solid play, but is not a long term game like SWG and other MMOs.  

You have been waiting the fail of swtor for almost  2 years, it didnt happen and it wont happen. Is ok if you dont like the game but there is a lot of SW fans who love it and enjoy it everyday. Whats comes next? dont worry about that, you dont even play the game.   

This guy has been called out more then any poster in the history of this site and they do nothing. He has predicted the closeing of swtor for 2012,2013, now 2014 even expanding a little bit to 2015, every prediction from closing dates to them never releasing a new race has been wrong. Everything he says is a lie, misinformation and copy/paste from his exact post from two years ago. Its very amusing watching the desperation of these haters of a video game they don't play. They keep a copy of swg in a gold plated case under their pillow hoping dreaming about it coming back. ..something that will never happen.
  • DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Originally posted by maxima29

The game is not doing great if this thread is anything to go by, the servers are constantly declining, as they were FULL mostly, then Very Heavy, and now just Heavy and Standard?

SWTOR will last as long as the licence holds, but now that the long awaited SSSP is finally coming for Dec-Feb, there is nothing yet to come - What comes next Bioware?

All known content that has been in the works for the past 2 years or more, will all be in game by Dec. SWTOR should last through most of 2014, 2015 if lucky, but they will get more money focussing on creating console and PC games on a yearly basis. I will buy more Star Wars games by EA, but not willing to pay more money into SWTOR. It was fun while it lasted for the few months solid play, but is not a long term game like SWG and other MMOs.

This guy has been called out more then any poster in the history of this site and they do nothing. He has predicted the closeing of swtor for 2012,2013, now 2014 even expanding a little bit to 2015, every prediction from closing dates to them never releasing a new race has been wrong. Everything he says is a lie, misinformation and copy/paste from his exact post from two years ago. Its very amusing watching the desperation of these haters of a video game they don't play. They keep a copy of swg in a gold plated case under their pillow hoping dreaming about it coming back. ..something that will never happen.

what are you talking about? The "fail" already happened, they are far from 2.3 million players, that is how many boxes they sold.

Does it really matter when and if it shuts down? It's lightyears below expectations, for me personally that is all I need to know. Bring back SWG and make a sequel.

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    They keep a copy of swg in a gold plated case under their pillow hoping dreaming about it coming back. ..something that will never happen.

SWG is already back. When SWTOR eventually shuts down that will not be playable at all, and nobody will have the desire for a come back, and SWTOR will be a faded memory, yet SWG will be remembered and talked about long after SWTOR.

Originally posted by DocBrody

The game is not doing great if this thread is anything to go by, the servers are constantly declining, as they were FULL mostly, then Very Heavy, and now just Heavy and Standard? SWTOR will last as long as the licence holds, but now that the long awaited SSSP is finally coming for Dec-Feb, there is nothing yet to come - What comes next Bioware? All known content that has been in the works for the past 2 years or more, will all be in game by Dec. SWTOR should last through most of 2014, 2015 if lucky, but they will get more money focussing on creating console and PC games on a yearly basis. I will buy more Star Wars games by EA, but not willing to pay more money into SWTOR. It was fun while it lasted for the few months solid play, but is not a long term game like SWG and other MMOs.  

what are you talking about? The "fail" already happened, they are far from 2.3 million players, that is how many boxes they sold.

Does it really matter when and if it shuts down? It's lightyears below expectations, for me personally that is all I need to know. Bring back SWG and make a sequel.

1.7 million new accounts when they went f2p. 1.7 million compared to 2.3 million actually is not the near death experience haters proclaim it is. Hold tight to your swg copy you have tucked under your pillow. It will be there for a long time cause swg2 won't be coming anytime soon.

They keep a copy of swg in a gold plated case under their pillow hoping dreaming about it coming back. ..something that will never happen.

SWG is already back. When SWTOR eventually shuts down that will not be playable at all, and nobody will have the desire for a come back, and SWTOR will be a faded memory, yet SWG will be remembered and talked about long after SWTOR.

Ah yes when swtor shuts down. Hey wait you said that would be '12 wait then you said '13 oh and then you said '14 oh wait you wanted to give yourself a little wiggle room so we are up to '15. Man its not hard to see your desperation as your hopes and dreams of swg are fading further and further into the mmo galaxy known as game closed move on. Make sure you give your copy of swg a big kiss goodnight tonight.
  • BcudaBcuda Member UncommonPosts: 164
    I think its a lost game. It wont be able to recover. I even bought the expansion . And the f2p game ruined it. I know thats how a game that is struggling to get more players. But it lands up killing the players who paid and cant stand the cash store.I'm not a hater. I wanted this game to be a sucsess. But it  didn't happen. I REALLY hate the f2p . But you nickle and dime me for storage space and items that are easy to make. Why cant you sell me a game. Make it free to play. No cash house. And in 4 or 6 months ask me if I want to continue playing .Then Charge me . Per Character. If I want 3 or 4 Characters I buy those Characters. BUT NO CASH HOUSE!!!! No restrictions. And Ill pay for an expansion.
  • hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

I do remember all the complaints about SWG when it was running an alive, the game was good enought  to be a wasteland full of empty cities and planets on everysingle server but a cantina on tatooine. Then the news of the shut down and SWG turned into  the best MMO of all times. 

• TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741

Have to logged into SWTOR at all? The servers are rather populated with a very sustainable playerbase.

You are flat out incorrect and have no basis at all for your statements.

You seem to be trapped in some form of forced delusion. You may want to try a little research.

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

Originally posted by Bcuda

I think its a lost game. It wont be able to recover. I even bought the expansion . And the f2p game ruined it. I know thats how a game that is struggling to get more players. But it lands up killing the players who paid and cant stand the cash store.I'm not a hater. I wanted this game to be a sucsess. But it  didn't happen. I REALLY hate the f2p . But you nickle and dime me for storage space and items that are easy to make. Why cant you sell me a game. Make it free to play. No cash house. And in 4 or 6 months ask me if I want to continue playing .Then Charge me . Per Character. If I want 3 or 4 Characters I buy those Characters. BUT NO CASH HOUSE!!!! No restrictions. And Ill pay for an expansion.

So you think the game will fail because its not free enough for you hmm? Ah yes your right your entitled for everything for free. That whopping $15/month is crazy I mean if you play 3hrs/week that equals to be less then $1/hr for entertainment. I'll never understand the I'm entitled mentality people have.

Ah yes when swtor shuts down. Hey wait you said that would be '12 wait then you said '13 oh and then you said '14 oh wait you wanted to give yourself a little wiggle room so we are up to '15. Man its not hard to see your desperation as your hopes and dreams of swg are fading further and further into the mmo galaxy known as game closed move on. Make sure you give your copy of swg a big kiss goodnight tonight.

I never said such things, it is your interpretation of what I am saying. Find the posts that I SPECIFICALLY say it will shut down 12 -13 etc

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

So you think the game will fail because its not free enough for you hmm? Ah yes your right your entitled for everything for free. That whopping $15/month is crazy I mean if you play 3hrs/week that equals to be less then $1/hr for entertainment. I'll never understand the I'm entitled mentality people have.

I don't know why you keep posting about this game when it's clear that you are a hater and don't even play. Most grown adults would not spend two years of their life writing untrue stuff about a game they don't even play. You think you are entitled but it is clear that you don't even play the game and you are not a grown adult.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

I never said such things, it is your interpretation of what I am saying. Find the posts that I SPECIFICALLY say it will shut down 12 -13 etc

Oh its there buddy we have all seen it. But if someone else wants to look through 2 years and 2000+ post (majority are copy/paste of each other) of a grown man crying about a video game he doesn't play they will find it. Oh your desperation is at an all time high its entertaining watching you guys squirm.

Oh its there buddy we have all seen it. But if someone else wants to look through 2 years and 2000+ post (majority are copy/paste of each other) of a grown man crying about a video game he doesn't play they will find it. Oh your desperation is at an all time high its entertaining watching you guys squirm.

I read through your posts and it's clear that you don't even play and you are not a grown adult maxima29.

Originally posted by ignore_me

I don't know why you keep posting about this game when it's clear that you are a hater and don't even play. Most grown adults would not spend two years of their life writing untrue stuff about a game they don't even play. You think you are entitled but it is clear that you don't even play the game and you are not a grown adult.

You forgot about how you keep a copy of swg under your pillow at night.

I read through your posts and it's clear that you don't even play and you are not a grown adult maxima29.

Oh poor ignore your desperation is so cute.
    Originally posted by Tygranir

Have to logged into SWTOR at all? The servers are rather populated with a very sustainable playerbase.

You seem to be trapped in some form of forced delusion. You may want to try a little research.

I have done the research

Here shows servers at mostly FULL, yet this thread says that servers are Heavy and Standard, showing a decline.

As far as I know FULL > Very Heavy > Heavy > Standard

But I must be incorrect and deluded and Heavy and Standard means servers are more populated than those saying FULL and Very Heavy image

Yes. And you don't even play and you are not a grown adult with your posting on this site. I don't know why you want SWTOR to fail but it is pathetic.

I have done the research

Here shows servers at mostly FULL, yet this thread says that servers are Heavy and Standard, showing a decline.

But I must be incorrect and deluded and Heavy and Standard means servers are more populated than those saying FULL and Very Heavy image

How Are SWG servers doing. Please show us that link.

Yes. And you don't even play and you are not a grown adult with your posting on this site. I don't know why you want SWTOR to fail but it is pathetic.

Oh someone is a little upset. Desperation can do that.

I have done the research

They did well for 8.5 years, and the first merge / shut down of servers happened in 2009, that is 6 years after launch, and 3-4 years after NGE. SWTORs merges and shut downs happened within 6-9 months from launch.

SWGs servers are doing better so far,  SWTOR servers have to stay active until about mid 2020, to match the up time of SWG servers.

I have done the research

They did well for 8.5 years, and the first merge / shut down of servers happened in 2009, that is 6 years after launch, and 3-4 years after NGE. SWTORs merges and shut downs happened within 6-9 months from launch.

SWGs servers are doing better so far,  SWTOR servers have to stay active until about mid 2020, to match the up time of SWG servers.

Sorry you didn't answer the question. How are swg servers doing NOW? TODAY? Nobody cares how you think they did in '06.
  • Neo_ViperNeo_Viper Member UncommonPosts: 609

Right now, there are NO official SWG servers running, because the whole game was shut down.

And even at its peak in 2003/2004, SWG never passed the 300.000 subscribers. SW:TOR has 500.000 paying subscribers right now, and I do not mean the million+ free to play cash shop players, I mean real subscribers who pay a monthly fee.

So no, SWG never did better than SW:TOR. Sorry to burst your bubble.

My computer is better than yours.

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762
    Nope. Crap engine. Worse launcher. Base game is a single-player game with multi-player elements. Charging $15/mo for a single player game pissed off too many players. F2P didn't help it because Bioware put in one of the worst, most restrictive free-play models in the MMO genre. Combat is more WoW-than WoW, which makes no sense for a universe that revolves around high action. Stories are still good, but extremely linear and not worth doing twice (different dialogue choices really make no difference in future game play). The upcoming space combat expansion isn't enough, either. It's PvP focused, which is reality, PvP is a small sub-section of MMO players. Majority is PvE. Would have been smart of Bioware to have PvE AND PvP free-flight space combat, but that would require the Bioware dev leads to "get it." And it's obvious that they don't.

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

I have done the research

Sorry you didn't answer the question. How are swg servers doing NOW? TODAY? Nobody cares how you think they did in '06.

Funny question, after they shut down SWG which was a far better and deeper game than SWTOR ever will be.

SWTOR was the reason for the shutdown, it's obvious.

SOE keeps museum pieces like EQ1 alive but the SW license was not renewed to clear the path for Biowares "masterpiece"...

This discussion has been closed.