Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EXPANSIONS

2»

Comments

• noob-gamernoob-gamer Member Posts: 81
    ARE THERE GOING TO BE NEW PLAYABLE RACES IF THERE ARE WHAT IS ITimage
  • millerhelp0millerhelp0 Member Posts: 223

Originally posted by noob-gamer
    ARE THERE GOING TO BE NEW PLAYABLE RACES IF THERE ARE WHAT IS ITimage

there may be but no annocmen has been made

when the expack comes out and we get it can we still play the first chapter or whatimage
  • BlackboltBlackbolt Member Posts: 4

When the new expansion packs come out yes you will be able to play the original game like always, that was the core statement from Anet concerning the Guild Wars Project. They did not want to turn Guild Wars into a series of "Must buy Expansions to Play" scheme that seems to prevail in other franchises. The expansions are to enhance game play and offer more challenges for the dedicated that want to continue on with the existing characters or to start a total new class. Assasin is one of these new character classes in the works. As for different races that is scheduled, but as of the latest that I have read, are not set for release in the first expansion. Hate to state the obvious boys and girls we have to wait for the expansions to be released and expect marketing to do thier job to increase our appetites!

• CaptainRPGCaptainRPG Member Posts: 794

Originally posted by Blackbolt

When the new expansion packs come out yes you will be able to play the original game like always, that was the core statement from Anet concerning the Guild Wars Project. They did not want to turn Guild Wars into a series of "Must buy Expansions to Play" scheme that seems to prevail in other franchises.

LOL! image On the contrary, they that's exactly how they did it. It just like how NWN did their expansion. You didn't have to get the expansion, but if you didn't have expansion, you wouldn't be able to have as much fun with the new elements and classes installed.

ok  what races and professions would you like to see in furture expacks and why

• exanimoexanimo Member UncommonPosts: 1,301

i would like to know if we can play a new profession in the old map ... my guess says that it will be possible ... if its balenced i dont see why not ...

some people may find this a " get expansion " feature , becose people that only have chapter one would see professions from chapter 2 questing around , personaly i dont see any problem with that , i think it would be cool ... even for those who dont have the second chapter , more kinds of people around is always nice ... and a nice inside pub for sec chapter image

• DaEm0nDaEm0n Member Posts: 520

image That'd be so cool if there was an expansion! Or maybe i havent been listening and there is! But if you're asking me, i dont know! lol, im stupid. <(^_^)<     >(^_^)>   <(^_^)>

This siggy is CGI that my cousin made in 4 hours.

Originally posted by DaEm0n

image That'd be so cool if there was an expansion! Or maybe i havent been listening and there is! But if you're asking me, i dont know! lol, im stupid. <(^_^)<     >(^_^)>   <(^_^)>

the expansion is coming out for sure , chaper 2 and i think even chaper 3 will come out

and there are small updates from time to time

dont forget to log in this week , you migh have a cristmas surprise :)

Originally posted by DaEm0n

the expansion is coming out for sure , chaper 2 and i think even chaper 3 will come out

and there are small updates from time to time

dont forget to log in this week , you migh have a cristmas surprise :)

• of course the expantion is comming for sure
    that is confirmed even in this very own thread by alex from NCSOFT

some other things i know that are confirmed for sure
    is new areas for chapter 2  (which areas are not known)
    defenatly 1 new profession the assassin (others may come but not confirmed)
    new character slots to create extra characters (ammount is not known)
    new weapons & shields  (since they are  holding a design contest for it :p)
    new spells, not only for the new professions but also for the existing professions...
    advanced trading system (what this may be is not known, it can be in form of player shops,
    or maybe if we are lucky an auction house to bid on items ... who knows)
    tons of new quests

i'll add if i find more stuff
    and to talk about the release date
    they announced first half of 2006

which basicly means january till end june
    my guess 28 april :p
    1 year after the original game
    might be nice

ah well... when, ...
    future will tell...
  • :PackMan::PackMan: Member Posts: 26

Originally posted by Aseenus
    AlexWeekes please dont give false aligations that you are a member of NC Soft.. If so proove it ;)But he is right, expantions are aparently gonna come out every 6 months or so ;) but no new class's from what iv heard..all i heard was:-New skills
    -Areas
    -MAYBE level increaseBUT DONT BELEIVE IT UNLESS ITS OFFICIAL.. one of the noobyest things to do is beleive it without proof ;) so just wait for Arenanet and/or NC Soft to say..

and new classes maybe two newest class :D
  • Oprah2Oprah2 Member Posts: 118
    If an expansion comes out it wont add that much stuff is what i believe
  • aerdemiraerdemir Member Posts: 11

I really want to see more guild actions like guild only missions, especially guild storages...

Also it would be good that crafting armors and weapons on your own with creativity.

Anyway expecting really good game from arena.net

Thnx for first one and second one will be also good.

I wanna ask sth also , can we use any of our characters in the first game with the exp pack.

And what will be the price, its pre-order at sendit.com is 29.99 Pound.

i am opening it open you can use your imaginations like haveing elf who can be a armor

• Originally posted by aerdemir
    I wanna ask sth also , can we use any of our characters in the first game with the exp pack.
    And what will be the price, its pre-order at sendit.com is 29.99 Pound.

yes you will be able to combine the expantion pack with the original content of the game
    how exactly is not known yet, so i cant say if you are able to use new professions in the original areas
    or the other way around... or both
    but they always told us they wanted everything to be compatible with each other so you don't get any significant disadvantages if you don't buy the expantion, you will be able to play together with a friend who does own the expantion.

about your question of the price, i'm sorry i don't think anyone will be able to comment on that exept with a comment saying as mutch as mine :  i don't know
    the only thing known about the price is that it'll be in the same price range as other games theirs expantions. that is what arena.net always said from the beginning of guildwars, expantions won't be more expensive than expantions of other games.

i am opening it open you can use your imaginations like haveing elf who can be a armor

i'd like to see elves too, but there is not even any sign telling us new races would be in the expantion
    each time we ask they answer  "maybe"  i don't think they are focussing on new races but more on new professions.
    altough i'd like to see elves too, specially dark ones the dark elves rule everything.
    if (hypothetically) there would be elves & humans, the obvious next step i guess is dwarves
    however they are already part of the game, only as NPC's :s
  • :PackMan::PackMan: Member Posts: 26

Originally posted by yourmom12192
    Damnet, i was really hoping there would be a larger selection of characters. I have a question though, does anyone no if an expansion might let us swim, use transportation (like animals, ships, etc). Thanksimage
    I want see a Mount Pet :D one knight or pikeman using a mount pet
  • shaggehshaggeh Member Posts: 1

I'd really like to see the use of longer ranged melee weapons in this game, spears, polearms, or some similar thing. I'm fairly certain that pressure from gamers will implant the idea of new classes into NCSoft's heads. I don't predict any special forms of transportation coming, why would you need them? Click on the map and teleport instantly. Wanna run? Use sprint or charge or some similar speed buff. The only thing that the expansions would really need are new user classes, new skills, and new locations. I think that an addition of "cavalry" types in this game would make it far too easy. In any case, there is no telling what an expansion will hold before it exists.

• Arutha8Arutha8 Member Posts: 9
    i heard that there will be a new character class called assasin (which is great i think) and some new areas and there is no info about upcoming races and weapons, but somes say that they saw orc and dwarf npcs so maybe in next expansions we will create different races. (there are many expansions you know every 6 months) 
  • Ross44Ross44 Member Posts: 1

The race I'm looking forward to being able to play is the Charr! :)

As for actual information on new content, there is none yet, not even a release date. However, rumors include:

New classes (Assassin, duelist, martial artist, rogue). None of these seem too likely at the moment, but I guess anything's possible.

New areas. This seems very likely, as there are currently a couple of ares the lead off into nowhere and could have been placed there to offer ways to expand the map.

New storyine, quests and missions. Very likely, too, especially if new areas are made available. Actually, it's pretty much a must.

New skills (including super-elites). This is somewhat unlikely, especially the idea of super-elites, as they will either unbalance the game or drastically change the skill system.

Increased level cap. This seems unlikely, as NCSoft and ArenaNet's official policy is that you don't need to buy the expansion to stay competitive in Pvp. However, if special expansion arenas were implemented, an increased level cap may follow.

PLEASE remember that this is what's going on in the rumor mill. Nothing is official yet, and the expansion may be completely different from anything we've imagined...

• Arutha8Arutha8 Member Posts: 9
    the release date is announced if i am not mistaken, it will be released on february 2006, and i know only one  thing about this expansion, in this expansion we have a new class "assasin".image
  • AdamFTAdamFT Member Posts: 1

Play.com have the release date as 1st of March

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=sr&page=title&r=PC&title=677220 

Its not often they are wrong £17.99 from them too, good price :)

• tanminhtanminh Member Posts: 32

would be awesome if they hav new race in the expansion

• smokealasmokeala Member Posts: 4
    I would love to play as the Charr, considering you play half the game fighting them and then nothing. However, I highly doubt this as I'm not entirely sure how it would work or even fit in with the original... unless Faction vs. Faction...