Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The bad aspects of FFXIV

13»

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by Hyanmen

Crafting doesn't generate gil, it's only taking from the players who are buying ;). There are very few gil fountains in this game. Which is a major issue that SE is already aware of and are working on for a solution. I believe they're adding Treasure hunts and Beastman dailies to combat the lack of gil fountains.

Or they can change a line of code and suddenly the existing gil fountains give out more gil. Or make the gilsinks less costly.

If it was a true problem, I mean. Which it isn't.

There aren't really any gil fountains, which is the issue. The only way to truly add money to the economy at the moment would be to sell items to a vender for 1-12 gil a piece (which is an incredible was of materials). Or make a new character and go from 1-50 to obtain ~300,000-500,000 gil.

How do you define a gil fountain?

Because I don't understand how a leve giving you 6k out of thin air is nothing but a gil fountain? Or a FATE that gives you 50 gil? Or a chest giving you allagan pieces?

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • DoomedfoxDoomedfox Member UncommonPosts: 679
    Originally posted by Doomedfox

Crafting doesn't generate gil, it's only taking from the players who are buying ;). There are very few gil fountains in this game. Which is a major issue that SE is already aware of and are working on for a solution. I believe they're adding Treasure hunts and Beastman dailies to combat the lack of gil fountains.

Or they can change a line of code and suddenly the existing gil fountains give out more gil. Or make the gilsinks less costly.

There aren't really any gil fountains, which is the issue. The only way to truly add money to the economy at the moment would be to sell items to a vender for 1-12 gil a piece (which is an incredible was of materials). Or make a new character and go from 1-50 to obtain ~300,000-500,000 gil.

Like i already said a couple post earlier "Its not true that the Main storyline is the only way"

Levequest will add Gil as well if you are smart you can get 5-6k for each Leve

The most beneficial gil fountain at the moment is the gathering guildleves. I'll give you that. However, they produce nothing but minuscule amounts of gil that barely cover the costs of repairs even after the repair cost nerf. ;)

Yeah well no...just not true lol 

I can make 5.4kish by crafting 9 items the repair costs for crafting 9 items are no where near 5+k lol 

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

Like i already said a couple post earlier "Its not true that the Main storyline is the only way"

The most beneficial gil fountain at the moment is the gathering guildleves. I'll give you that. However, they produce nothing but minuscule amounts of gil that barely cover the costs of repairs even after the repair cost nerf. ;)

I can make 5.4kish by crafting 9 items the repair costs for crafting 9 items are no where near 5+k lol 

You also have to estimate the cost of repairs and materials for that "5k" you're claiming because this "5k" apparently doesn't exist from what my crafters are stating. Okay I finally got someone to state that yes, there's a 15-18k fountain every 12 hours in the game.

Your crafters do not know what they are talking about than.

I get all my mats myself so its pure win for me but even if i would buy the mats the fact that i created 5.4k with 1 leve does not change i just would have spend some of it on the AH so the gil i created would still be there.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

Erm, those are more like leaky pipes. ;) 

Anyways, I've got 6-7 crafters in my guild chattering around now stating the many ways to make money off players however there are extremely few solutions to actually push money into the economy.

In all honesty there doesn't need to be.

The economy is absolutely fine. There is no problem to be had. The gilfountains that exist, are enough.

Nobody has any proof that the economy is hurting - none whatsoever. They simply have their opinion and people are taking that at face value.

There is nothing indicating that the economy is in any sort of trouble.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".

You also have to estimate the cost of repairs and materials for that "5k" you're claiming because this "5k" apparently doesn't exist from what my crafters are stating. Okay I finally got someone to state that yes, there's a 15-18k fountain every 12 hours in the game.

I get all my mats myself so its pure win for me but even if i would buy the mats the fact that i created 5.4k with 1 leve does not change i just would have spend some of it on the AH so the gil i created would still be there.

No they're only dominating the servers crafting market based off of pure stupidity...

I never said they are stupid i said they dont know what they are talking about.

Which is true since these Levequest do excist and if they say they dont than they ust dont know what they are talking about.

Btw you dont need to be smart to dominate the servers you need to be fast lol 

Fact is these Leves are there and if these Super Elite crafters dont know them well thats fine but dont come here and claim that the Leves i mentioned do not excist and therefore kinda calling me a liar.

No they're only dominating the servers crafting market based off of pure stupidity...

I never said they are stupid i said they dont know what they are talking about.

Which is true since these Levequest do excist and if they say they dont than they ust dont know what they are talking about.

Btw you dont need to be smart to dominate the servers you need to be fast lol 

Fact is these Leves are there and if these Super Elite crafters dont know them well thats fine but dont come here and claim that the Leves i mentioned do not excist and therefore kinda calling me a liar.

lol if you actually read my post where my guildmates actually stated the 5k per allowance you'd understand that they did mention it... [mod edit]

Oh you mean like "You also have to estimate the cost of repairs and materials for that "5k" you're claiming because this "5k" apparently doesn't exist"

That was what you said you claimed it did not exist even tho you had no idea.

I am sry but fact is that you claimed something you had no knowlege about and you were wrong all i did was informing people of something which i knew to be true.

It has nothing to do with me having to learn reading its about you giving out fase information and while accusing me of doing that.

It really should not be a big deal tho you were wrong thats all np really there does not need to be an argument and honestly you dont have any ground to stand on anyways.

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570

The economy is based on a bunch of hoopla right now - neither side has a solid argument.  This is due to three massive exploits:

1) RMT and Botting

2) Ash bomb event exploitation, created an infinite gil fountain.

3) Packet exploit to chain HQ levemetes to instantly gain level 50.

All three logged and sent SE who supposedly acted upon all 3 with the massive ban sweep and 365 billion of gil removal.

Considering all of this happened a bit over a week ago, no one has enough experience with this market to intelligently talk about the in-game economy.  Super (or the formerly rich) crafters included.

• Lady_VixenLady_Vixen Member Posts: 9

I'll concede that FFXIV does have some alternate ways to make gil, but it's all contingent on players crafting/gathering.  You MUST craft/gather if you want to play the game, and that, for me is a deal breaker. 

I don't dislike crafting/gathering, I hate it with a passion.  I find it mind numbingly boring, and I won't pay to play a game that I don't enjoy.  Forcing me to craft to play the game would be like forcing a crafter to level a combat class that they despise simply to get by on a day to day basis.  It's not worth it, and therefore falls into the category of "the bad aspects of FFXIV" as stated in the thread title. 

In regard to gil fountains, it's been stated that people can run FATEs and other dynamic events to make gil.  The fallacy in that argument is that while you may make 250 gil running a couple of FATEs, your repairs from that come out to 500 gil, which ends up as a net loss.  Net loss = gold sink, not gil fountain. 
  • SkymourneSkymourne Member UncommonPosts: 380
    This is a pretty spot on review.  The only nitpicking thing i would add is that, to me, the ride from 1-50 wasn't just decent, it was pretty awesome...however i immediately got eviscerated by everything else on the list.  Namely the community.  It is the most awful thing...
  • Lady_VixenLady_Vixen Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by Aori

FFS get over it, not every game hands you a blank check every time you stick your sword into a pig. The fact that you consider crafting a bad aspect because it can make more Gil than you farming said pigs is ridiculous. It is about time a game has some sort of crafting focused content instead of the side show it has become in MMOs.

Please quote me where I said that crafting was a bad aspect.  Crafting is fine, but forcing people to craft just to get by on a day to day basis isn't.   That problem is further exasperated by the fact that there is practically no reward for crafting, (not that there are a plethora of rewards for combat classes either)  

Enjoy your crafting.  Make stuff til your ass fall off. Become a gil millionaire. (though I wouldn't recommend hoarding more than 8-10 million gil)   Enjoy your fortune buying more crafting materials.  It's just not my thing.   

• loupokamiloupokami Member UncommonPosts: 12
    I totally agree about the community. At level 45+ you get every terrible player imaginable. I had less attitude in WoW, and that's saying something. 

I played both a tank and a healer, so I never had waiting times for dungeons.

The zones are huge at first, but end-game the world seems tiny! 

I played FFXI, so I was well aware of what I was getting into as far as the worst customer service. 

Also, the biggest reason I did not pay for a subscription once my free month ended:

Bots. Spam bots, farm bots, bot bots. BOTS EVERYWHERE. You would think this is SE's first MMO with how many novice mistakes that were made at launch, and in regards to gold farmers. 

I don't feel like I wasted my money buying the basic digital download. I hit max level, experienced the game, and was extremely underwhelmed and frustrated. Especially when I started levelling trades. 

I had played beta, so I knew from the start this would be a temporary game. I bought this game hoping to hold out until I got a Wildstar beta, but alas the beta key never came (and probably never will) and the game is just not worth my $15 a month. 
  • Agrias34Agrias34 Member UncommonPosts: 147

half of this shit is incorrect.  They are adding in new primal fights and hard mode dungeons in 2.1 as well as 2 different PvP maps, 3v3 and 5v5 which is all due mid November.

The community is the same as you'd expect in any other MMO.  It isn't as bad as WoW, therefore I would say it is better, not worse.

Servers are a bit on the laggy side, but any VPN completely fixes the problem.  Using Pingzapper for the past month has eradicated all of my 'lag' issues and will never look back.

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Originally posted by Lady_Vixen

I'll concede that FFXIV does have some alternate ways to make gil, but it's all contingent on players crafting/gathering.  You MUST craft/gather if you want to play the game, and that, for me is a deal breaker. 

I don't dislike crafting/gathering, I hate it with a passion.  I find it mind numbingly boring, and I won't pay to play a game that I don't enjoy.  Forcing me to craft to play the game would be like forcing a crafter to level a combat class that they despise simply to get by on a day to day basis.  It's not worth it, and therefore falls into the category of "the bad aspects of FFXIV" as stated in the thread title. 

In regard to gil fountains, it's been stated that people can run FATEs and other dynamic events to make gil.  The fallacy in that argument is that while you may make 250 gil running a couple of FATEs, your repairs from that come out to 500 gil, which ends up as a net loss.  Net loss = gold sink, not gil fountain. 

If you're just leveling up, no you don't.

If you're a max level dungeon runner, no you don't.  Just buy a coke/potash every once in a while with those tokens and sell it.  Pays for your repairs for quite a while.