Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How Many Planets Can You Take Part In World PVP On?

The only MMO's I have ever played were Everquest, World of Warcrap, Perfect World and Guild Wars, if you wanna consider that an MMO. I got bored of all these games quickly and realized that I HATED Everquest Clones, or as most people refer to them as WoW clones since WoW got so popular.

I hated SWTOR for the same reason but I was shocked that I actually enjoyed the  game, first time I played it kept me hooked for 5 hours. This will probably be the only WoW clone that I ever like.

I enjoy PVE a lot but I prefer PVP more, specifically, open world pvp. I know there are 20 planets in this game but can you actually visit them all? Which planets can you actually take part in World PVP on? I know you can on Hoth, Ilum and Tatoonie right? But what other ones is there? I also like that they have a little number at the top that shows how many people are on the planet, I am still on Typhon and usually see only 30-50 people on the planet, I hope there is a lot more on the open world pvp planets.

Comments

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    I'm with you on wanting owpvp...but if that's what you want, swtor is far from the game you are looking for.  It's not there.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• Macrinus101Macrinus101 Member Posts: 44
    I saw some open world pvp videos on youtube though, my guild also does open world pvp so it must be there. I just want to know what planets you can do it on. I am on the Jung Ma server.
  • XerenixXerenix Member UncommonPosts: 237

Tatooine, Hoth, Belsavis, Corellia, Quesh, Makeb, Nar Shaddaa(Bonus quest area) and Voss if you go outside the main city.

Tatooine has a FFA area called Outlaw's den.

On PvP servers, all you need to do is go inside the enemy territory and you'll find some players to fight.

On PvE servers, you'll need to either go into Outlaw's Den or run around flagged for PvP and find players who'll attack you.

• skyline385skyline385 Member Posts: 564
    Originally posted by SirBalin
    I'm with you on wanting owpvp...but if that's what you want, swtor is far from the game you are looking for.  It's not there.

Oh look, another one who is speaking stuff about SWTOR without having any idea about the game.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by skyline385
    Originally posted by SirBalin

Oh look, another one who is speaking stuff about SWTOR without having any idea about the game.

Funny part is you say another one...you don't get it...when a bunch of people keep saying it...there will be some truth.  It's a pve game, pvp was crap...total afterthought.  I give them credit for a great storyline.  I was just pointing out to the guy if he's looking for owpvp, this isn't the game for him.  Anyone that argues that is silly.  I don't even think Bioware would argue that.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• FrostveinFrostvein Member UncommonPosts: 157

It depends. Your mileage may vary, but during launch I very infrequently encountered members of the opposite faction.

At max level, you tend to see them more in the daily areas.

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823
    Right now , Oricon or whatever it's called , has the most. 1500 kills gets you a title. Some folks are actually trying to get it. So prepare to be ganked. Suicide is the best way to frustrate them if you do.

• Originally posted by Xerenix

Tatooine, Hoth, Belsavis, Corellia, Quesh, Makeb, Nar Shaddaa(Bonus quest area) and Voss if you go outside the main city.

Tatooine has a FFA area called Outlaw's den.

On PvP servers, all you need to do is go inside the enemy territory and you'll find some players to fight.

On PvE servers, you'll need to either go into Outlaw's Den or run around flagged for PvP and find players who'll attack you.

also ilum and alderaan

• LoverNoFighterLoverNoFighter Member Posts: 294

So PvP is mostly standing still while your channeled specials go off?

Channeled specials = lame.

• DavynelordDavynelord Member Posts: 122

No only a few builds have a reliance on casting abilities...notice I didn't say class, but build because some classes have builds where your heavy on casting and not so heavy on others....but by far jedi sage/sith sorcerer, commando/mercenary are the most cast heavy classes....almost to a major disadvantage in pvp because they can be shut down so easily stopping them from doing their most devastating attacks, rotations and taking advantage of their most beneficial procs.

As for  OWPVP, it depends what server your on...not all servers are equal when it comes to OWPVP....I play on 2 servers, jedi covenant (PVE) and Prophacy of the five (PVP) and by far POT5 sees more OWPVP in my experience...I have never been attacked on JC in OWPVP except one time in the past year even when I was running around flagged...that one time was when I was doing a PVE quest and had to go to outlaw den to the vendor there....I got flagged and there happened to someone to gank me when I wasn't paying attention and thought the place was dead....he seemed to be the only imp in the whole place at the time...so yeah, my bad for thinking it was safe to get in and out without being attacked at 3 a.m. in the morning LOL.