Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problems with Viewsonic VP2770-LED

darkcircuitdarkcircuit Member Posts: 211

Hey all,

Recently purchased a Viewsonic VP2770-LED 2560x1440 monitor and I ran into what appears to be a common issue with 1440P monitors which is bad backlight bleed; the bottom right hand corner bright orange, with the rest of the right side having bright white bleed (the left side had a bit of bleed but it wasn't anything serious). Not only did I have a bleed problem but on each side about 3" from the bottom I had a bright white area which was clearly visible when viewing a light coloured background (white webpages looked awful).

I have since sent the monitor back which is taking forever to turn around as I had to send the monitor back to Germany (I live in the UK and UK stock levels are non-existent), and there is no guarantee they will have any in stock (I bought the last one they had in stock).

The reason for my post is that when investigating the other options I came across this monitor, which previously wasn't on my radar Iiyama XB2779QS-S. However, I am struggling to find any reviews at all for this model so I'm guessing it is brand spanking new. Does anyone have any opinions about this monitor and does anyone think it would be a good alternative to the Viewsonic?

Thanks

Comments

• lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671
    I don't know that brand. Sounds like an unsafe purchase to make. However, I have had good success with viewsonic and dell monitors. Asus from what I have seen make a good monitor.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

• ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665
    viewsonic over the years has kinda dipped quality wise, they use to be top notch, not so much anymore. Samsung and Asus monitors seem to be king of the hill these days, that other brand you mentioned sounds like a value brand to me, id steer very clear from it.
    "Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby
  • syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378
    That brand does not seem to be distributing to North America yet, so it makes sense that the previous posters have not heard of the brand.  I suggest looking for reviews of other products by that company to get an idea of their quality.  It is a Japanese company, so I would expect the quality to be high.
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Iiyama is around - mostly you see their high end products over here that people have imported, but since they are only importing the high end, I don't know if their entire lineup is that good.

A lot of LCD panels suffer from bleedthrough. LCDs ~can~ be more problematic depending on how they are constructed.

This is why the first and foremost rule of buying a monitor is
    Ignore all the marketing jargon, ignore all the specs. Go look at it in person if you can.

What looks good to you is the only thing that matters. 158 out of 200 reviewers of that monitor will probably say it's Awesome and great for gaming, but see the exact same bleedthrough - it just isn't a problem for them because they perceive it a bit differently than you.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    editted post because i misread the Op talking about a different brand

I bought a 27" inch for myself recently but it was samsung

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-T27B350ND-27-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B007ILEHSA/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_1

• ViewSonicEuropeViewSonicEurope Member Posts: 1

Hi There,

We’re very sorry to hear about the troubles you are experiencing with our monitors and hope we can resolve this quickly.

If possible we would really like to discuss this with you directly.

Please could you contact us on 08444 821168 or via email at [email protected], so we may assist you?

Sincerely yours,

The ViewSonic Team
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

I tend to avoid Viewsonic monitors since they never impressed me. The other monitor is from a Korean Company.

You have a panel maker like LG who makes 27" panels for Apple and Dell. Pretty much the rest of the monitor components are cheap and easy to assemble outside of the panel. Apple only wants Triple A quality panels. Considering yield this would mean there would be a lot of wasted good panels if they just threw out the panels that did not pass Apple's standard. So other companies buy the still very good panels from LG and make cheaper monitors that are pretty much the same quality.

• darkcircuitdarkcircuit Member Posts: 211

Well I've contacted Viewsonic now as requested in this thread, lets see what they say :) As I guessed the original supplier was out of stock and wouldn't be able to get the monitor to me till November. I have since cancelled the order, got my money back and re-ordered from scan.co.uk, but yet again I have been told that their stock is overdue and that they don't have a clue when the monitor will be arriving to them!

Anyone would think that I am trying to order some elaborate set-up that had to be custom built out of some hard to obtain alloy, not that I am ordering from a major brand who have been operating for many years. I know most people by now would just call it a loss and move on, but I know that if I don't give it one last try I will regret it every time I use the alternative monitor (the Viewsonic appears to be the best in class).

• darkcircuitdarkcircuit Member Posts: 211
    Originally posted by Cleffy

I tend to avoid Viewsonic monitors since they never impressed me. The other monitor is from a Korean Company.

You have a panel maker like LG who makes 27" panels for Apple and Dell. Pretty much the rest of the monitor components are cheap and easy to assemble outside of the panel. Apple only wants Triple A quality panels. Considering yield this would mean there would be a lot of wasted good panels if they just threw out the panels that did not pass Apple's standard. So other companies buy the still very good panels from LG and make cheaper monitors that are pretty much the same quality.

Yeah I already heard about this, seems pretty suspect to me seeing as they still charge a premium for said monitors! Good news for myself at least is that the Viewsonic has a Samsung panel so there is a good chance that I will receive a monitor with little to no defects (least that is what I am hoping for).