Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buying DF:UO Today On Steam, But Can You Cancel The Subscription On Steam?

I hate most mmorpg/mmo games because they are all Everquest/WoW clones, the only WoW clone I like is The Old Republic, I thought I would hate this game but I played for the first time and it kept me hooked for 5 hours. I have always wanted a game that has gameplay like Elder Scrolls Oblivion/Skyrim and ESO will provide this but all pvp is limited to Cyrodiil and you can't see enemy players in their territory so I probably won't buy it.

So I am going to give DF:UO a try and I am worried that I might not like it. So it will be 55$ wasted if I don't like it but I am willing to take the risk, on steam it says auto renew after 30 days, I think I will know if I like the game or not after 30 days so can I cancel it after 30 days or before if I want to? The subscription of course, so it doesn't renew? It can all be done through steam right?

Comments

• ExzyzExzyz Member UncommonPosts: 70
    You can cancel it after you buy the game. But I will warn you though, I played it for 2 months and well its not that great of a game. 
  • seldinseldin Member UncommonPosts: 196
    Unless I am mistaken Steam does not do the subscription service.  they just sell you the software, just like you would buy at the store.  You will have to create and account and sub through developer.  This will require you to cancel through the developer as well.
  • SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485
    Originally posted by Macrinus101

I hate most mmorpg/mmo games because they are all Everquest/WoW clones, the only WoW clone I like is The Old Republic, I thought I would hate this game but I played for the first time and it kept me hooked for 5 hours. I have always wanted a game that has gameplay like Elder Scrolls Oblivion/Skyrim and ESO will provide this but all pvp is limited to Cyrodiil and you can't see enemy players in their territory so I probably won't buy it.

So I am going to give DF:UO a try and I am worried that I might not like it. So it will be 55$ wasted if I don't like it but I am willing to take the risk, on steam it says auto renew after 30 days, I think I will know if I like the game or not after 30 days so can I cancel it after 30 days or before if I want to? The subscription of course, so it doesn't renew? It can all be done through steam right?

one tip for you..

start your char on the na server whatever your location is..

EU server has around 500 players or less.

Na is around 1500 but dying fast aswell

• MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Log into Steam here https://store.steampowered.com/account/ and any subscriptions should be at the top of the page.
  • Macrinus101Macrinus101 Member Posts: 44

Yea, because of these replies I am not buying this game. I will wait for Embers of Caerus which looks like it will be a promising Sandbox hardcore pvp MMORPG and it will probably be free to play so more people will play it.

[mod edit]

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by Snoepie
    Originally posted by Macrinus101

one tip for you..

start your char on the na server whatever your location is..

EU server has around 500 players or less.

Na is around 1500 but dying fast aswell

Listen to this man IF you ever change your mind.  Game died a LOT faster than the first one BUT if you play definitely go NA server and even then a lot of the world is empty.  Good thing is you can get all your feats done lol

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    Originally posted by seldin
    Unless I am mistaken Steam does not do the subscription service.  they just sell you the software, just like you would buy at the store.  You will have to create and account and sub through developer.  This will require you to cancel through the developer as well.

Darkfall Unholy Wars is the first subscription based MMO offering in Steam.  You can cancel your payment through you steam account.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    OP has a response, then decided to come back with a sort of baiting post, so locking this up as nothing but arguments would come from that.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.