Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GTA 5 - played it and sold it already

124»

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Elikal
    Originally posted by Omali

Sorry, but how depraved and rotten must human society have become to play torture as fun? And what are the justifications? Oh, real life has that. Oh yes? Then what will come next? Concentration Camp Nazi medical experiments as game? Because, real life had that? NO. NO WAY. There must be a line somewhere what can be used as entertainment. GTA is a despicable game!

The first person to bring up Nazis loses any credibility. 

NO! What happend back then must NEVER be forgotten. It is NEVER invalid. The holocaust is THE warning monument what humans are capable of.

It must NEVER EVER be forgotten and ignored!

It makes me SICK to the stomach to think some people call themselves human who justify torture and see it as "merely a game" after ALL that happened in human history.

its very hard to claim the moral high ground really, after all, Hitler was just copying another countries ideas for concentration camps. Not that either of them were in any way acceptable, but the Germans have spent years apologising for their history, and i believe that Americans are doing something similar for their treatment of Amerinds, even if its another of those 'inconvenient truths' which crop up from time to time.

But a video game is a video game, and in this case its a video game that is only playable by 18+ year olds, at least that should be the case if parents are in any way behaving responsibly with their children!  image

• KrasnijKrasnij Member Posts: 40
    Originally posted by Rockniss

I love consoles, but I hate this game. It's pure stupidity. It's just one wrong thing after another. That's how some folks are though I guess. I would rather play as a cop and fight crime. Despite the fact that I hate it, I played it enough to know it's fun, I just can't get past the immorality.

I played the older GTA's I think combining the fact that I am older now and maturity level has changed drastically and this game of course has pushed the limits yet again. i just couldn't bring myself to play it even though I wanted to. I had to sell it on ebay and get it out of my house.

Anyone feel the same way? or sell it off already?

I totally agree, shooting off ugly aliens in the doom games never felt wrong, but when it comes to gta games i just cant do it. Playing video games now for more than 20 years, yes, i played stuff like that, but experiencing a car hijack in south africa and then having this kind of situation in a game for fun .. that doesnt seem right to me.

For the ones that can play it and enjoy the fun this great game gives, have fun ! its really a great game, we that cannot play it , we look elsewhere...

have fun

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    Originally posted by Draemos
    Originally posted by Rockniss

I love consoles, but I hate this game. It's pure stupidity. It's just one wrong thing after another. That's how some folks are though I guess. I would rather play as a cop and fight crime. Despite the fact that I hate it, I played it enough to know it's fun, I just can't get past the immorality.

I played the older GTA's I think combining the fact that I am older now and maturity level has changed drastically and this game of course has pushed the limits yet again. i just couldn't bring myself to play it even though I wanted to. I had to sell it on ebay and get it out of my house.

Anyone feel the same way? or sell it off already?

All respect to you, Sir!

I never got it, because of what you say. I watched a lot of videos and saw many reviews, because it made such a fuzz and I'd love to see the big, immerisve world.

But yes. I would have played it as cop right away. You see, I have no problem with "killing" in games per se. I mean, I play games, and MOST involve killing. But I seriously feel GTA is heading a way I simply can not support. And I am even going so far to say, such a game should not be allowed. I mean, it has TORTURE! That is the "game" we "play" as fun now?

Sorry, but how depraved and rotten must human society have become to play torture as fun? And what are the justifications? Oh, real life has that. Oh yes? Then what will come next? Concentration Camp Nazi medical experiments as game? Because, real life had that? NO. NO WAY. There must be a line somewhere what can be used as entertainment. GTA is a despicable game!

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, OP. You did the right thing and it is a good proof that you are an empathic, ethical person! There should be more people as sensitive and insightful as you, and the world were a better place!

So basically you didn't play the game.  The torture part was followed up by a very astute observation(by a psychopath no less) about how torture is pointless as a method of abstracting information.  It was used as a method of social commentary to drive home a point that torture is both morally disgusting and pointless.  

In the future I recommend you don't comment on games you haven't played.

That is the singlemost hypocriticial nonsense I have heard.

So you would play a Concentration Camp simulator if Dr. Mengele in the end would say, "oh my, those human experiments didn't really have any viable results..."?

Sorry. But that's just morally depraved. And it doesn't become right just people millions do it. Right remains right, even if it gets out of fashions.

GTA5 is not a torture simulator, it is a singular mission that covers significantly less than 1% of the games content.

i would have absolutely no issue with a game that made reference to concentration camps and showed how utterly horrible and dehumanizing they were in that context.   I think the best way to show societal problems is to face them head on... Not pretend like they don't exist,  it's no different than a movie or a novel.

Please stop posting rubbish. one thing your posting history has made clear to me is that your ideal world would be a massive bubble wrapped vagina with pony rides, pink ribbons, and soul crushing censorship.

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    I think some of you taking this game way more serious than you should or perhaps not even "getting it". The GTA Series, 5 in paticular is a satire of pop culture-violence-politics -race & just life in general. 
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• Sixsa90Sixsa90 Member Posts: 1
    Oh I love this game so much...

Firma Garden factory zacheca do upiekszania swoich ogrod

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670
    Originally posted by Foomerang

I don't like the swearing and the way women are treated. I chose to look past it for the 30+ mini games. Its hard being a feminist gamer sometimes heh. I think most of the game design is fantastic. Whether I keep it longterm, don't know yet.

They are treated too good considering their behaviour in  the game. Wife fucks in husband's bed with somebody else, girl blows random crackheads etc.