Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you be subscribing?

Comments

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Originally posted by Grailer

20 mins waiting as DPS to get group

change to TANK  ,  instant group .

Clearly 2 DPS slots per group isn't enough to speed up the que

Yeah, a 5 or 6 player group might have been better.  Would just need to tune the mobs a bit to accommodate the extra damage the group would be doing.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794

Go do other things while u wait, not like theres crafting or other missions whle the time tics away

• lovebuglovebug Member UncommonPosts: 260

i will not be resubbing acc got banned thanks to a gold spammer hijack on my acc :)).

gone back to eq2 now been playing that game for years never been banned like my 2 week ffxiv adventure has a subb player. se have lost a subb was planning to play for a long while at least i got 2 weeks worth of game playing before my acc was banned i have canceld my acc now.

• Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    I have 90 days. 50 war , 26 gold smith , 26 black smith , 27 amour , 20 leather. 23 mining ,28 fishing . Tons to do in the game . I have yet to try binding coils of bahaut . And I'm working on my relic weapon

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

• BluewhitehellBluewhitehell Member Posts: 66
    Originally posted by Nicephorus
    Originally posted by ThumbtackJ
    Originally posted by Hyanmen
    Surprisingly many subscribers for a forum that collectively hates the genre they're discussing.

You really need to think about what you're saying here before typing and posting it. What this amounts to is you looking angry over people not liking what you like. Not liking (for example) end game gear treadmill doesn't mean one hates the MMO genre as a whole, and it would be asinine to assume such a thing. 

No, it's just pointing out that an amazing amount of people who hate the game and have no intention of subbing, yet continue to hang around the forum for the sole purpose of bashing the game and hoping it fails. They certainly aren't here trying to support the game with constructive criticism

I haven't decide whether I'll keep subbing or not, this game is kinda fun to kill time, but it doesn't meet my expectation for an MMORPG.

There's no point to ask for "constructive criticism", everything I don't like about this game, is the main selling point of this game. I don't like small maps full of pretty locations and tourist attractions, it lacks immersion. I'd rather want a big map and get lost in forest/desert/snow. But it seems everyone likes small maps so they can get to one place to another faster. I like open world dungeon, but not instanced dungeon with a countdown telling me how long I can stay in that dungeon, but I guess nobody's into that anymore. I don't like battle system focusing on ability rotation and dodging AoEs, and everyone seems to have fun dodging AoEs. I like character customization, and this game offers none, it seems everyone who currently enjoying this game doesn't want character customization either. I hate simplistic gear stat and ability design, and it seems everyone who enjoyed the game want simple dodge AoE and kill boss kind of fun and doesn't care about gear stat/ability.

So what's the point to offer "constructive criticism"? To make FFXIV an entirely different game and upset whoever currently enjoying it? You can't expect everyone like what you like.

• LegendtriggerLegendtrigger Member Posts: 39
    Originally posted by Bluewhitehell
    Originally posted by Nicephorus
    Originally posted by ThumbtackJ
    Originally posted by Hyanmen
    Surprisingly many subscribers for a forum that collectively hates the genre they're discussing.

You really need to think about what you're saying here before typing and posting it. What this amounts to is you looking angry over people not liking what you like. Not liking (for example) end game gear treadmill doesn't mean one hates the MMO genre as a whole, and it would be asinine to assume such a thing. 

No, it's just pointing out that an amazing amount of people who hate the game and have no intention of subbing, yet continue to hang around the forum for the sole purpose of bashing the game and hoping it fails. They certainly aren't here trying to support the game with constructive criticism

I haven't decide whether I'll keep subbing or not, this game is kinda fun to kill time, but it doesn't meet my expectation for an MMORPG.

There's no point to ask for "constructive criticism", everything I don't like about this game, is the main selling point of this game. I don't like small maps full of pretty locations and tourist attractions, it lacks immersion. I'd rather want a big map and get lost in forest/desert/snow. But it seems everyone likes small maps so they can get to one place to another faster. I like open world dungeon, but not instanced dungeon with a countdown telling me how long I can stay in that dungeon, but I guess nobody's into that anymore. I don't like battle system focusing on ability rotation and dodging AoEs, and everyone seems to have fun dodging AoEs. I like character customization, and this game offers none, it seems everyone who currently enjoying this game doesn't want character customization either. I hate simplistic gear stat and ability design, and it seems everyone who enjoyed the game want simple dodge AoE and kill boss kind of fun and doesn't care about gear stat/ability.

So what's the point to offer "constructive criticism"? To make FFXIV an entirely different game and upset whoever currently enjoying it? You can't expect everyone like what you like.

O, i would love a diablo kind of stat /gear design in ffxiv, further i like the game ;x

• JasonJJasonJ Member Posts: 395
    Originally posted by drivendawn
    Originally posted by zaylin
    Originally posted by VassagoMael
    I haven't purchased the game and have no intention of doing so, therefore I voted no.

whats the point of voting if you did not buy/play the game. Think thats what the OP was going for....thus why a poll like this really does not good

Yeah, I kinda wonder how many people did just like VassagoMael and voted even though they didn't even buy the game.

The OP did not ask only for those who played the game.

I however only voted because I would have bought the game if it was B2P, the subscription model is antiquated and only still used by companies stuck in the past and I will not support any game that uses it no matter how good it may be.

• Varthanos1Varthanos1 Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Originally posted by Lugors

Fence sitter, but leaning to no.  Having finished the content up through Titan HM, I find myself looking at the landscape and realizing it's fairly small and repetitive.  I could level the other classes, but that requires FATE group grinding which isn't my cup of tea.  Crafting is engaging, but not enough.  Progressing in gear requires constant runs of the same 2 dungeons, and I'm already tired of them. 

I guess I could be labeled as one of the content locusts, but I feel like I got my money's worth out of the 30 bucks spent.  It just doesn't seem like the next 10 dollars spent will be as fulfilling as the last 30. 

This is exactly how I feel.  Great game though and loved going through all the content.  Definitely worth the $50 I paid for it.

I would consider starting up a sub for a little while if they add more content.

• TheRealDarkeusTheRealDarkeus Member UncommonPosts: 314
    I did for three months. 
  • JasonJJasonJ Member Posts: 395

Well you do have a point on the underlined, I guess there are plenty of companies stuck in the past like the Wildstar guys, Elderscrolls, FF. Archage hasn't said what they will have as a model yet maybe they can catch your loyalty.

World of Wildstar isn't bringing anything new and I have beta tested TESO which is a pure money grab via the IP name, it isn't a decent MMO or SRPG, its hollowness isn't even outdone by SWTOR which at least had decent storylines. The only game out or coming out that's going to be a sub that will REMAIN a sub is going to be this one...only because the company is Japanese and they would rather shut the game down than try a new model.

TESO will go F2P as fast as SWTOR did and Wildstar more than likely will go faster because NCSoft knows they can make more via B2P, they only allowed a sub because the game maker asked for it.

• TaliaraTaliara Member Posts: 6
    Thrown a 6 month sub on the game. I enjoy playing it and can jump in and out of it quite easily dependent on how busy I am each week :)
  • JuaksJuaks Member UncommonPosts: 271
    Yes. Its a great game. Plenty of things to do. I am enjoying myslef quite a bit :)
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by JasonJ
    I haven't purchased the game and have no intention of doing so, therefore I voted no.

whats the point of voting if you did not buy/play the game. Think thats what the OP was going for....thus why a poll like this really does not good

Yeah, I kinda wonder how many people did just like VassagoMael and voted even though they didn't even buy the game.

I however only voted because I would have bought the game if it was B2P, the subscription model is antiquated and only still used by companies stuck in the past and I will not support any game that uses it no matter how good it may be.

You would think people would have common sense.  While I have my issues with the game everyone knows your just padding the "no" votes if you never even bought the game in a thread about subscribing after the first month.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• Oph8Oph8 Member Posts: 177
    No. I've always loved Final Fantasy but there are to many problems that make this a solid MMO for me. I'm looking forward to other projects on the horizon. 

"Everything is mine and your woman too"

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Nope.

I still think FF14 is the best WoW clone, but it is not original enough and not old school enough.

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Probably not. It's fun until you reach max level, you look around and find everyone is dressed exactly like you are doing the exact same thing as you are and then it you see the game exactly for what it is. Fun game but ultimately small and shallow. Needs fleshing out badly.
  • matcatmatcat Member UncommonPosts: 136
    No.  I picked it up for 16.50 so I'm not too broken up about it.  The game was alright for about 2 weeks for me and I started to become bored with it.  I didn't rush and maybe only got to around level 30, with other classes as well that were lower, as well as some crafting to around 30 as well.  I just didn't find it very interesting.
  • bentrimbentrim Member UncommonPosts: 299
    This honestly is one of the worst games I have played in a very long time. If you havnt tried it, save your money!
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514

I think the devs have an amazing eye for detail.  The way your fishing rod twitches just before the fish strikes the bait, how you can see actual heat haze vapors in the desert, lightning storms, clothes blowing in the wind, etc., are all fantastic little things.

Things like that really make this game feel high quality.  And, It's clear that the devs put alot of effort into their work.

The combat was decent and fluid much like WoW.  I mostly played archer, so the GCD never bothered me like it did some people(didn't even notice it 90% of the time).

The crafting process was top-notch and probably what I spent the most time doing.

The gathering was dreadfully tedious, boring, and repetitive on the flip-side of crafting.

I enjoyed my few weeks in the game, but I will not be subscribing now.

Quality game, beautiful graphics, but lacking way too many basic quality-of-life features, and there really just isn't enough available yet to warrant paying a fee.

I think it'll be a great game after some more patching.  And, I probably would have subbed for a month or two if things like housing and all the 2.1 stuff had been in game at launch.  And, man, they badly need to implement the most basic modern MMO features.

Essentially, they should have delayed the launch a couple more months, IMHO.  I think it's really going to hurt their retention rates once the free month is officially ended for everyone.

TL:DR:  I felt it was worth the $30 box price, but I will not be subscribing.

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    Originally posted by nilden
    Originally posted by JasonJ

You would think people would have common sense.  While I have my issues with the game everyone knows your just padding the "no" votes if you never even bought the game in a thread about subscribing after the first month.

I can't pass up a poll. You should have accommodated me :P

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

I'm probably going to wait until they implement housing and more jobs that cover a wider play style option.

As it stands - running AK 8 times a week doesn't interest me much.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357
    Originally posted by Lokero

Essentially, they should have delayed the launch a couple more months, IMHO.  I think it's really going to hurt their retention rates once the free month is officially ended for everyone.

I think the release day subscription has already started.

Couldn't get in a guildhest at lvl30 yesterday because the instance servers were completely full (healer and tank looking for 2 dps).

Of course we can also look at the graph from TGS showing 13% of the playerbase being lvl41-50.

In short "lack of content" is a problem very specific to a small group of people, and more importantly while it is a real issue for them these people need to stop touting the problem as something universal that applies to everyone of us.

Only a tiny minority of us buys MMO's we don't even like to play.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794
    Not that FFXIV is a bad game, the last few days of running around, and teleporting every where, i started to get this feeling of a box, the enviroments are GREAT, but i see what people are saying now about too many invisible walls, cant run accross some rivers, and some clifffs  you cant even jump off.  Its worth the $30 bucks. i just like my world a little more open.
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    I'm waiting for the FRONTLINE  patch to decide.
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Yes. I quite enjoy the game so far. Its FAR superior to the first version.  It remains to be seen if Yoshi P can keep up with the quality content addition, though. 
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."