Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Live Forum Q&A Jeff 'Doomsaw' Donais - Marvel Heroes

Comments

• adventmonkeyadventmonkey Member Posts: 1
    Will Vision ever be playable? Also maybe Wiccan costume for Scarlet Witch?
  • chesterfield4chesterfield4 Member Posts: 2

Hi Doomsaw!

I'm a huge MarvelHeroes fan!

I have 3 Questions:

1. Halloween! We know 2 new costumes are coming, but is there a shop-sale too?

2. Can you tell us, which costumes coming in the next weeks?

3. Is there a chance für Iron Patriot / War-Maschine costume 2013?

• golanbendorgolanbendor Member Posts: 3

dear doomsaw 

can you give us a descritpion of what the new items do? startech team items and legendry? thank you very much

• NightRhapsodyNightRhapsody Member Posts: 1
    Hi Doom.I've been playing the game since beta versions. I have two questions. Will there be added to the game Nightcrawler? And what costumes are planning to add to the Scarlet Witch, and when they should expect?
  • Doomsaw-GazillionDoomsaw-Gazillion Marvel HeroesMember Posts: 134
    Originally posted by NightRhapsody
    Hi Doom. Will there be added to the game Nightcrawler? And what costumes are planning to add to the Scarlet Witch, and when they should expect?

Nightcrawler has been designed and will be going through the entire pipeline over the next few months. He should be out by Christmas.

Scarlet Witch has a new costume working through Marvel, but I'm not sure when they ETA is and can't mention it until it's fully approved and finalized.

• RainyDayBGRainyDayBG Member Posts: 15

Hello i hope no one asked about this ,but i have some questions. Are there any plans to increase the rate in which eternity splinters drop or tweak heroes prices ?Do you plan increasing the drop rate of them -or maybe even bringing back the hero tokens drop ? Im asking because It seems pretty hard to obtain them without  let's say it "grinding". Playing about two hours a day is not really an option. Ive read somewhere (cant remember where) that the hero aquisition rate would be similar to League of Legends - but so far its nowhere near it. Ive also read that there would be 100 pack drop but i can just imagine how slim the chanse would be. Im yet to see a 5pack with 60% special item find :/

The only non-grind-heavy way is to use the random hero box (or Gs ofcourse).

Which reminds me -  as it stands - lately the random hero box.. .its not really random, with every third one being luke cage - bug or feature ?xD

Originally posted by golanbendor

dear doomsaw 

can you give us a descritpion of what the new items do? startech team items and legendry? thank you very much

Stark-Tech items have their own dedicated item slot in the new UI.

They are devices created by Stark Industries that can help any hero, in different ways. They are quite difficult to obtain, but can be crafted as well as found.

These items can be upgraded by using crafting ingredients from the game world.

Legendary Items are provided to the most accomplished heroes from Odin's Vault (through Odin Marks).

They also have their own item slot in the new UI coming with Asgard.

Legendary items are strong, but get much stronger as they gain experience. Whenever a player gains experience (even at level 60), the item will level up and unlocks new powers. Each Legendary item can rank up 5 times and unlock new abilities.

Example: The Ultimate Nullifier has a chance to wipe an enemy from existence (you still get the loot), as you rank it up through gaining experience, it improves your mental strength (spirit), your damage, and the ultimate rank 5 you will have a chance to devastate a boss on hit.

• askingquestionsaskingquestions Member Posts: 3
    Given the fact that moves like One-Off and God Blast have such a high DPS relative to Ultimate Powers, has Gazillion given any thought to lowering the cooldown for Ultimate powers so that other Heroes have something like these "mini-ultimate powers" ? What are your thoughts.
  • dakotaaoc08dakotaaoc08 Member UncommonPosts: 77

Thank you Doomsaw for taking the time to answer our questions.

I am wondering if or when Silver Surfer is coming and if we will have a chance to battle Galactus when he arrives?

I am also wondering if there are plans in the future for relics to become unbindable in some sort of way?

With the success of MM are there any plans for more areas to be released with a similiar goal i.e. we just run around and destroy villians?

Can we expect to see bases at any point in the future?

At some point would will a subscription be offered for MoH that  will offer some bonus to those that subscribe?

How do you personally deal with some of the negativity on the forums, does the meanness of some of the players ever get to you personally or are you able to just shrugg it off as extremely passionate gamers?

Thank you for your time,

Boondoc

• dakotaaoc08dakotaaoc08 Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Also real quick are there any plans for more special offers for your gamers like the heartbreaker armor that was released for Iron Man?
    Originally posted by chesterfield4

Hi Doomsaw!

I have 3 Questions:

Halloween costumes are indeed coming. I'm going to walk over and double check what we have on the agenda.

Originally posted by dakotaaoc08
    Also real quick are there any plans for more special offers for your gamers like the heartbreaker armor that was released for Iron Man?

I think the Heartbreaker Armor promotion is the only one currently, although we get offers fairly frequently.

• jberry0410jberry0410 Member Posts: 1
    Hey Doomsaw, will Raids follow the standard loot system that is RNG. Or do ya'll plan to have a different system for loot?
  • CrucifixatedCrucifixated Member Posts: 2

Thanks for taking the time to do this AMA and for the outstanding work being done to add volume to this game!

How long do heroes usually last in development before they hit the test center?

Have Jubilee or Dazzler ever been a mentioned contender for a playable hero?

How many players would you say the upcoming raid is intended to be tuned for?

• chesterfield4chesterfield4 Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by Doomsaw-Gazillion
    Originally posted by chesterfield4

Hi Doomsaw!

I have 3 Questions:

Halloween costumes are indeed coming. I'm going to walk over and double check what we have on the agenda.

Just wanted to ask, if you have some news for us? :)

• jack17jack17 Member UncommonPosts: 12

Sorry if this ahs already been asked but how many chapters will Asgard have, or will it just be one like the shield helli carrier, how many regions will it have such as savage land with 3?

can you tell us how many new heroes we can expect before the end of the year and how many are in production, and which ones if you can.?

Thanks great game.

• tru32782tru32782 Member Posts: 11
    Is the Q&A complete?
  • NotALizardmanNotALizardman Member Posts: 3

I don't know if I'm late to the party or anything, but I have a few questions.

1) I know you made a few comments to Ryolnir before, but is there any chance of Moon Knight being playable next year? I'm a big fan of the lunar legionnaire and would give you my wallet and checkbook to play as him.

2) How much say does Marvel/Disney have in characters that get added? I imagine you guys have to go through them add any characters, but besides the secret Asgard character and Squirrel Girl, have they made any other specific requests? Anything like "Absolutely no to Sentry" or similar?

3) Is there anything neat you can share about Squirrel Girl's abilities? I'm really looking forward to playing as her.

4) Oh yeah, another question. Why doesn't Hawkeye have a Boomerang Arrow skill! I have no idea if it would be useful, doable or anything like that, but Hawkeye needs a boomerang arrow. What kind of Hawkeye doesn't have a boomerang arrow? A bad one.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    I believe Jeff is in a meeting at the moment, but he says he will be back to wrap things up. If you have any final questions, I would drop them in now!
  • RuskenRusken Member Posts: 4

Hey Doomsaw, can you say anything about the coming update mentioned on the forums for Storm?

There are a lot of threads on her forum asking for Thunder and other more realistic sound effects.

There are a few other requests for tornado-like powers and a fog skill. Any chance we could be seeing these things? The fans have been requesting them for months now.

Anything you can say is much appreciated, thanks!

• tru32782tru32782 Member Posts: 11
    Is the MikeB aka Phony?  from gamebreaker and what not?
  • gorro187gorro187 Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Has it been considered ever to make a combo attack system for yourself and your friends on the friends list? Where say if captain America is being played by person A. and person B. is on iron man. Cap could throw his shield with added force or something? It would just be cool if there were some kind of combo attacks.
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by tru32782
    Is the MikeB aka Phony?  from gamebreaker and what not?

No. We're friends and get confused all the time though! :P

• Kizer91Kizer91 Member Posts: 2

Is there any chance we are going to see a price reduction on some of the things in the store? I get that money needs to be made, but some of these things are really expensive. I mean, DLC characters in most games cost around 5 bucks. I get that this isn't that, but I originally was hoping for that, if anything.

Also, Any news on Ghost Rider?

Originally posted by dakotaaoc08

Thank you Doomsaw for taking the time to answer our questions.

I am wondering if or when Silver Surfer is coming and if we will have a chance to battle Galactus when he arrives?

I am also wondering if there are plans in the future for relics to become unbindable in some sort of way?

With the success of MM are there any plans for more areas to be released with a similiar goal i.e. we just run around and destroy villians?

Can we expect to see bases at any point in the future?

At some point would will a subscription be offered for MoH that  will offer some bonus to those that subscribe?

How do you personally deal with some of the negativity on the forums, does the meanness of some of the players ever get to you personally or are you able to just shrugg it off as extremely passionate gamers?

Thank you for your time,

Boondoc

Silver Surfer and Galactus will make an appearance in Marvel Heroes during 2014.

We don't have current plans to make relics unbindable, but we will add several new relics in a future patch so you can spread them out to various heroes. We may also make an extremely costly unbinding method so players only do it if it's absolutely needed.

We have talked about giving players a subscription option that allows them to sign up for a year and get all the content at a deep discount, but haven't done any work on that.

Meanness of players is fine, but the forums need to be a place that is inviting and helpful for new players, that is the number one priority. There should be zero tolerance for intentional abuse of other human beings.

Thank you sir.

This discussion has been closed.