Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How did your Evony addiction end?

worldalphaworldalpha Member Posts: 403

I played this game hard.  Real hard from Summer of 2009 til about Spring 2011.  It consumed so much of my time.  I got to #5 on my server, and I only every put $10 into the game.  So, it was a lot of blood, sweat and tears.  But as I weening myself off the game, I had all my good stuff in a moderately well protected city, away from any major enemies.  I was off for half and day and came on to find my main city capped just 15 minutes earlier.  I messaged the guy to find out, he was "baby-sitting" an account and that's how he discovered me, and adv. teleported in to cap me.  I complain to admin, he got some temp ban, I lost my main city, and that was it for me.    The bright side was that it motivated me to create my own social strategy game, so all those hours were good for something! :)

How did you Evony addiction end?

Thanks,
Mike
Working on Social Strategy MMORTS (now Launched!) http://www.worldalpha.com

Comments

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

Aw, that's terrible! Glad to see you've used the motivation to build something new.

As far as my Evony experience. I could never get past the god-awful ads. Never tried it once.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.