Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do We Need An "MMO By Commitee"?

124»

Comments

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099
    Originally posted by Ender4

The players don't really understand what they want, so this would be an awful idea. WoW is an example of what happens to a game if you just cave to the players and let them dictate things. It just gets easier and easier and streamlined and boring. Early WoW was about the devs making a game, late WoW has been about giving the players what they ask for and the game is a joke now.

Out of curiousity, what have *you* asked for?

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

Out of curiousity, what have *you* asked for?

I'm not a normal player so these games will never be what I ask for. All I want is an open world where PvP and PvE are blended and you compete over both of them like in the original MMO days. I think instances have really killed this genre. Then I want them to move away from spawn locations and into AI driven mob locations. It makes me cringe every time I start a new MMO and walk into a zone and see 20 mobs standing there waiting to be bashed and not moving or anything. We have to get away from whack a mole and into much more dynamic content.

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    There already is one. WOW. 90% of mmorpgers play it the other 10% hate it and populate all the other garbage mmorpg's.
  • maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099
    All I want is an open world where PvP and PvE are blended and you compete over both of them like in the original MMO days.

Amusingly, one of my criticisms of WoW is that the PvP and PvE are still not seperated far enough apart for my tastes.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

The average player doesn't know what he wants. Or rather, what it is he wants is exactly what makes him become bored with the game much more quickly. I think the developers know this too. The "committee" is nothing more than a  hype generator.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by maplestone
    All I want is an open world where PvP and PvE are blended and you compete over both of them like in the original MMO days.

Amusingly, one of my criticisms of WoW is that the PvP and PvE are still not seperated far enough apart for my tastes.

Yeh. I will like my pve and pvp games to be separate too. In fact, they don't even need to be in one game.