Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are there any MMORPG's similar to Asherons Call

2»

Comments

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

So many good things from AC never seen in any other games again...

And i got no idea why?

Well that's an easy one, it's not WoW.

And as far as publishers are concerned, the way to make a great MMO is just to make WoW over and over.

• Neo_ViperNeo_Viper Member UncommonPosts: 609
    Originally posted by BingoBongBango
    Originally posted by Neo_Viper
    Originally posted by BingoBongBango

if you look at movies like Final Fantasy - The Spirits within ... brilliant movie and closest I've seen to close to human movement but even that looked very clunky when they walked or ran ...

Avatar is light years ahead of Final Fantasy - The Spirits Within when it comes to humanoid movement. I love both movies, I have them on Blu-Ray, but they aren't comparable when it comes to motion capture. There's Beowulf too which is one notch better than FF:TSW.

Avatar tech with the multitudes of sensors and the whole motion capture that they did filming that was amazing ... in theory its real people acting and then painting the animation over the human movement in stick figure form absolutely brilliant way to do it .... for a MMO to do it they'd have to film every type of movement ... running, stopping, transition to running, walking, jumping (high, low, short, forwards, backwards, forwards but up ... etc etc .... walking/running up and down terrain all types of combat attack and defense  ... the list goes on and on ... a company with the time and money could certainly get all those movements done ... you'd have to have a team just thinking of what movements got missed as smart as we are there is always one that gets missed :-)  ..... but I think the sewing it all together and the transitions between states would be really hard to do when out it looking funky .... also putting certain movements in a loop (as some games do) looks comical bordering stupid ...  With a movie its easier as you have a scene for the actors to act and it has a definite start and end .. then its sewing the different scenes together ....   having said all that it would be great to see a company go all out like that, but I think the costs vs the returns is not worth it for anyone to do ...

Ok as usually a long winded reply ....  btw I have not seen Beowulf that I can remember .. I'm going to check that out this week ... wondering if its on Netflix ?

You may enjoy Beowulf if you like a bit darker fantasy. A way underrated movie in my opinion.

And if you want to see how it's done, get the Avatar collector blu ray set. The making of is simply amazing.

My computer is better than yours.