Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Dev Journal] Aura Kingdom: Localization is a Collaborative Process

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Aura Kingdom is the latest game announced by Aeria Games for inclusion in its stable of MMORPGs. We have teamed up with Aeria to bring our readers a first-ever developer blog discussing the creative process behind the lore of Aura Kingdoms. Check it out and then head to the comments to chat.

First and foremost, producing a game is a collaborative process. Designers, artists, coders, editors... everyone gets input, and everyone contributes. This is true for any game, but especially true for such a mammoth project as an MMORPG. It’s a design-led process, not a story-led process. Design choices are made, art is drawn, and the broad strokes of story are dictated by elements like level progression and the relative importance of things like PvE vs. PvP, the significance of crafting, and so on.

Read more Aura Kingdom: Localization is a Collaborative Process.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Oh Aeria Games, always publishing those quality F2P games xD

Smile

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    Oh Aeria Games, always publishing those quality F2P games xD

The weird thing is, as many games as they pump out and shut down, they seem to always have this loyal fanbase for each game who spend way too much money on them. Like the same people for each game. It's strange. It's like they only know about Aeria Games produced games. 

• KuuhnKuuhn Member Posts: 41
    I played my fair share of Aeria Games games.. and i'll say this. They are great games to spend a few days, maybe a week or so on.. and have absolutely no remorse about leaving for the next one. They all have their fun quirks that are enjoyable until I feel like popping onto the next one.
  • ariasaitchoariasaitcho Member UncommonPosts: 112
    If you're going to play a game from Aeria, play when it first comes out. The games can be quite fun to play and the community is pretty good. After a honeymoon period, not so much.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Originally posted by ariasaitcho
    If you're going to play a game from Aeria, play when it first comes out. The games can be quite fun to play and the community is pretty good. After a honeymoon period, not so much.

But why though, it always seems like they have insane pay to win cash shops that are super expensive, almost as bad as gpotato games.