Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is Shroud of the Avatar ?

GungaDinGungaDin Member UncommonPosts: 514

Hit the link !

http://forsakenvirtues.com/2013/09/30/what-is-shroud-of-the-avatar-2/

Thank you Dame Lori for putting this together !!

Comments

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Originally posted by GungaDin

Hit the link !

"Housing system with a wide variety of unique housing types and an easy-to-use decoration system allowing for customized decoration of your abode. Housing is valuable and limited and your home will be visible to every online player on the persistent map."

Just to sad that this feature will be out of reach for most players. 

Having to pay +500$ for a feature that should of course be available for all is just ridicolous.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Aragon100

Hit the link !

"Housing system with a wide variety of unique housing types and an easy-to-use decoration system allowing for customized decoration of your abode. Housing is valuable and limited and your home will be visible to every online player on the persistent map."

Just to sad that this feature will be out of reach for most players. The real life rich can have their game for themself. 

Actually in solo you can do as much housing as you want...

Originally posted by Po_gg

Hit the link !

Just to sad that this feature will be out of reach for most players. The real life rich can have their game for themself. 

I would only play this game for the online option so it wont help me or any other that want to have a house online.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Hit the link !

I would only play this game for the online option so it wont help me or any other that want to have a house online.

Have to agree with this and so far what I'm seeing is this title is likely to have a monetary model that I'm not going to care for.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Po_gg Originally posted by Aragon100 Originally posted by GungaDin Hit the link ! http://forsakenvirtues.com/2013/09/30/what-is-shroud-of-the-avatar-2/ Thank you Dame Lori for putting this together !!  
    "Housing system with a wide variety of unique housing types and an easy-to-use decoration system allowing for customized decoration of your abode. Housing is valuable and limited and your home will be visible to every online player on the persistent map." Just to sad that this feature will be out of reach for most players. The real life rich can have their game for themself. 

If it's that big a deal, don't play the game. You do have a choice.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Hit the link !

Have to agree with this and so far what I'm seeing is this title is likely to have a monetary model that I'm not going to care for.

Totally agree

I've lost a lot of respect for good ole RG.

I think the space $$$ thing kinda went to his head

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Originally posted by lizardbones

What are you trying to accomplish by telling them that? This is a forum for expressing opinions, not for telling people to shut up (implied) just because they don't have to play a game.

Originally posted by GungaDin Hit the link ! http://forsakenvirtues.com/2013/09/30/what-is-shroud-of-the-avatar-2/ Thank you Dame Lori for putting this together !!  
    "Housing system with a wide variety of unique housing types and an easy-to-use decoration system allowing for customized decoration of your abode. Housing is valuable and limited and your home will be visible to every online player on the persistent map." Just to sad that this feature will be out of reach for most players. The real life rich can have their game for themself. 

I payed for it but i doubt i will play it. 

I dont like their business model that so much favor the players with alot of real life money, it's a class system. People with less money to spend will be left out of the what i see as one of the most important feature in this game, owning a house.

• GungaDinGungaDin Member UncommonPosts: 514

So apparently, HOUSING is the major issue.  At Lori's site, is there nothing else you like about SotA or want from a game?  Should we just make a game, Medieval Housing Online? 

Can we discuss anything else but HOUSING? 

If housing is your major concern, then I suppose you shouldn't play SotA.  I don't see them changing there design at this point.  Was using Housing as a main component to fundraising a great idea?  Maybe not, but it is what it is.

So all the content, listed at Forsakenvirtues.com, that SotA has to offer isn't good enough?  Is it housing or bust for the lot of you?   Surprising.... 

• InsaneMembraneInsaneMembrane Member Posts: 130

Originally posted by GungaDin Hit the link ! http://forsakenvirtues.com/2013/09/30/what-is-shroud-of-the-avatar-2/ Thank you Dame Lori for putting this together !!  

I payed for it but i doubt i will play it. 

I dont like their business model that so much favor the players with alot of real life money, it's a class system. People with less money to spend will be left out of the what i see as one of the most important feature in this game, owning a house.

What level have you pledged to SotA? Are you willing to sell it to me?

OK Capt Jack :)

My last post was deleted. My bad... In any case I was just saying I am serious about the offer to purchase his account that is all. 

Originally posted by InsaneMembrane

My last post was deleted. My bad... In any case I was just saying I am serious about the offer to purchase his account that is all. 

Not for sale. I will see if alpha/beta prove me wrong but i doubt it.

Originally posted by InsaneMembrane

Not for sale. I will see if alpha/beta prove me wrong but i doubt it.

Yeah I doubt it too, if you don't take the initiative to actually learn about the game then you won't get the information you need to make an informed decision, which means you will be looking to prove yourself right.

I still urge you to be active on the SotA forum, chat, G+ account so that you can get your point of view heard. I am confident that PvP will not be as carebear as you think, however if we can get more voices in there to make it even an ounce better from our point of view, then that would be the thing to do!

• stvnkrs10stvnkrs10 Member UncommonPosts: 53
    I believe initially housing spots will be limited and hard to find due to backers getting first dibs, but eventually there will be expansion that will open up other areas and more room for housing for people who didn't back, just like in UO when Malas opened.
    Originally posted by stvnkrs10
    I believe initially housing spots will be limited and hard to find due to backers getting first dibs, but eventually there will be expansion that will open up other areas and more room for housing for people who didn't back, just like in UO when Malas opened.

You are correct.

Originally posted by stvnkrs10

That is bad game design and a very poor way to finance a game.

Houses are very important in games like these and only letting the ones that payed +500 $ owe one is not making this game any more popular.

I am also a backer but i didnt back with the needed +500 $.

[mod edit]

Ways to get a house:

(1) Pledge $500 Citizen Level or higher

(2) If you don't have that much, you can purchase a Village plot for $150 to add to your current pledge level (whatever that level is, even if you pledged $45 for the basic game = $195 total)

(3) Still too expensive?  Try to earn a plot in game via in game currency.  Might be tough at first, but as more and more land opens, so should space to purchase more plots.

(4) Buy a plot off another player via in game gold.  

[mod edit]

Ways to get a house:

(2) If you don't have that much, you can purchase a Village plot for $150 to add to your current pledge level (whatever that level is, even if you pledged $45 for the basic game = $195 total)

(3) Still too expensive?  Try to earn a plot in game via in game currency.  Might be tough at first, but as more and more land opens, so should space to purchase more plots.

Yes you need to pledge 500$ as i said.

And do all that pledge for a house pre-game get to place it when the game starts?

Answer: Many that pledged for a house wont be able to place it cause there isnt enough spots to place them on, pathetic failure.

And who in their right mind would pay 500$ to get a house in a game we know very little of ? We know little on how PvP will work and i need alot more information on many features before i put that kind of money down.

Compare with Star Citizen where players actually know what they pledge for.

[mod edit] Players that might pledge for SotA need to know about these facts before they put their money down. With 500$ pledge you buy a house, yes, but that doesnt mean that you can place it when game is released. That is good info for future pledgers.

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    I watched a few vids of Shroud. Was intrigued, this thread pretty much deflated that though. Shroud of the Cashopatar won't be getting my money.

[mod edit]

Ways to get a house:

Yes you need to pledge 500$ as i said.

And do all that pledge for a house pre-game get to place it when the game starts?

Answer: Many that pledged for a house wont be able to place it cause there isnt enough spots to place them on, pathetic failure.

And who in their right mind would pay 500$ to get a house in a game we know very little of ? We know little on how PvP will work and i need alot more information on many features before i put that kind of money down.

Compare with Star Citizen where players actually know what they pledge for.

[mod edit] Players that might pledge for SotA need to know about these facts before they put their money down. With 500$ pledge you buy a house, yes, but that doesnt mean that you can place it when game is released. That is good info for future pledgers.

What are you talking about?  If you pledge at citizen level or buy a village plot via the add-on store, you are guaranteed a plot of land with a house.

Your buying the PLOT of land.  The pledge tiers 500 and above come with house to use in that plot.  Even the Add-on store village plot comes with a small house.