Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQN: which of 40 classes are made for bad guys and which no...!?

Hi all, while waiting some new interestings news...

The Devs said recently that race will not influence or restrict you to be an Ogre Bard or a Dark Elf Paladin but with " a life of consequences" we know it will introduce a sort of reputation or karma system that, recording every your action, will determine if you are bad at all, a moody lunatic person, or a genuine altar boy. So I suppose that the "Neutrals" are going to put less effort into discovering and unlock the basic and most common following classes that I would try to guess:

NEUTRAL:

FIGHTER-ROGUE-WIZARD-CLERIC-RANGER-BARD-ADVENTURER-DRUID-BLADEMASTER-TEMPEST-                    MONK-BEASTLORD-SCOUT-SHAMAN-WARLOCK-WARLORD-ILLUSIONIST-ENCHANTER-BERSERKER-                   ENGEENER-CONJURER-INQUISITOR-MYSTIC and PSYONIC.     (NINJA & ARTIFICER I HOPE NO!!!)

but what's about the others...

GOOD:                                           EVIL:

PALADIN                                        SHADOWKNIGHT

TEMPLAR CLERIC                        BLOOD MAGE

CROWD CHAMPION                     ASSASSIN

ARCH MAGE(white robe)               NECROMANCER

HOLY AVENGER                           LICH CLERIC

WITCH HUNTER                            DEMON SUMMONER

GUARDIAN DEFENDER                VAMPIRE

NATURE PROTECTOR                 WEREWOLF

DISCIPLE OF DRAGON(white)     DISCIPLE OF DRAGON(black)

P.S: consider that they talk about at least 40 and relations with League of Legends so we have to prepare ourselves to almost the dobble of classes during some years after the release and strange and not very common classes as well ...

Thoughts? What you think about the list, is it reliable? Your desires?

Comments

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Role_player

Hi all, while waiting some new interestings news...

The Devs said recently that race will not influence or restrict you to be an Ogre Bard or a Dark Elf Paladin but with " a life of consequences" we know it will introduce a sort of reputation or karma system that, recording every your action, will determine if you are bad at all, a moody lunatic person, or a genuine altar boy. So I suppose that the "Neutrals" are going to put less effort into discovering and unlock the basic and most common following classes that I would try to guess:

NEUTRAL:

FIGHTER-ROGUE-WIZARD-CLERIC-RANGER-BARD-ADVENTURER-DRUID-BLADEMASTER-TEMPEST-                    MONK-BEASTLORD-SCOUT-SHAMAN-WARLOCK-WARLORD-ILLUSIONIST-ENCHANTER-BERSERKER-                   ENGEENER-CONJURER-INQUISITOR-MYSTIC and PSYONIC.     (NINJA & ARTIFICER I HOPE NO!!!)

but what's about the others...

GOOD:                                           EVIL:

PALADIN                                        SHADOWKNIGHT

TEMPLAR CLERIC                        BLOOD MAGE

CROWD CHAMPION                     ASSASSIN

ARCH MAGE(white robe)               NECROMANCER

HOLY AVENGER                           LICH CLERIC

WITCH HUNTER                            DEMON SUMMONER

GUARDIAN DEFENDER                VAMPIRE

NATURE PROTECTOR                 WEREWOLF

DISCIPLE OF DRAGON(white)     DISCIPLE OF DRAGON(black)

P.S: consider that they talk about at least 40 and relations with League of Legends so we have to prepare ourselves to almost the dobble of classes during some years after the release and strange and not very common classes as well ...

Thoughts? What you think about the list, is it reliable? Your desires?

I think you subscribe to much to a binary form of morality in-game, at least do it like D&D and have spectrums and a neutral option because Werewolves and Witch Hunters for example to me (taking lore from multiple universe here) are more within the neutral aspects ( werewolves more chaotic neutrals while witchunters more in the true neutral area).

• EnrifEnrif Member UncommonPosts: 152

also, some classes can require your good with a factions and bad with another. example Pirate vs. Ninja. You have to befriend one to get their class but locking out of the other during so. the good/neutral/evil is not the only way to diverse choices. help the Woodelfs(get ranger class) and offset the Ogres(lose swordmaster class). Help Qeynos(get Cleric class) and offset Freehaven(lose warlock class). And so on.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

at SOE Live it was stated some class choices will be exclusive 

cannot choose both SK and Pally

but beyond that it's a guessing game

• SengiSengi Member CommonPosts: 350

I'm curious how that will work exactly. Do you unlearn all the paladin skills once you turn evil or can you mix them with the shadowknight skills afterwards? I dont think they will permanently lock you out of the shadowknight class once you became a paladin.

I really hope it won't be all about good and evil, but also about lots of other traits like lawful/chaotic, linked to nature or technology, or favouring a certain god over another.

• EnrifEnrif Member UncommonPosts: 152
    thats a good question. Once unlocked a class can you still use it if you no longer fulfill the requirements? Like in the Example if a Paladin does something evil. But i think i heard from a dev interview that it will lock you out from getting higher tiers in that class at least.
  • irpugbossirpugboss Member UncommonPosts: 427

I am on the fence about alignment locking classes. I sorta hope they don't restrict class abilties solely by alignment, because if one alignment has marginally better abilities on its classes we will see an overwhelming amount of that alignment.

I do hope aesthetic wise there will be classes that have an evil feel to them so people can tailor their characters playstyle and look to how they view their character.

As for alignment overall, I hope it is a progress thing based on quests and deeds you do to include the classes but not purely a prerequisite for the classes. Example:

8 classes for the following 5 alignments:

• Lawful Good: Civilization and order.
    • Good: Freedom and kindness.
    • Unaligned: Having no alignment; not taking a stand.
    • Evil: Tyranny and hatred.
    • Chaotic Evil: Entropy and destruction.

Each class you take from each of the alignments carries a value towards that alignment.

So if you want a pure good character you can take Lawful Good, Good, and Unaligned

If you want an evil character you take Chaotic Evil, Evil, and Unaligned

For an unaligned character you can collect and equal amount of all, or collect them all.

That said there should be some form of benefit for going Evil, or Good due to sacrificing classes...perhaps a deity bonus, or influence in certain cities of that alignment.

• LanessarLanessar Member Posts: 87

I don't think it is "alignments" or "factions" so much as character choice. They're going for sandbox-y gameplay, so while you can have an "evil" class like "shadow knight", preventing you from taking "paladin", you could go with "cleric" and skip "warlock".

I really suspect "horde" and "alliance" type faction play isn't going to be present. They'll let the players grow factions (two, five, three hundred) organically. This seems to follow a round table poll which is asking players whether, socially, you'd prefer more than one "guild" or "organization" able to be joined.

I'm a little happy about this (with the dose of skepticism due any unreleased game). This means I could be in my guild "Ueys" who I usually play with, but also be a member of the "Black Hands" assassin "organization" in the metagame, and perhaps even be a member of the "Armorsmithing Guild" for crafting purposes.

That's more than a little hectic, but it also opens up more organic possibilities than current games have offered us. At best, recently, we have 2-3 static game factions and one social group to be part of. FFXIV added Linkshells as well as Grand Companies and Free Companies. So, developers are generally getting a little more forward-thinking.

Even the most "sandbox" game right now, EvE, seems to follow the "one group alliance" aspect, with the possibility of the player "switching" between player-created Corporations (which is better than most, just not my style of game). However, you're still stuck with having to be in only one Corporation, and there aren't non-Corporate groups that I can see (I don't think you can be a member of the pirate-guild "Vengeful Hands" and also in the Corporation "Megabux 2000").

Having it go all the way and letting players organically dictate the struggles between themselves, rather than selecting "good" or "bad" or "red" or "gold" at character creation...

That actually is pretty exciting.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Wushu has 5 alignments I think. You gain good and evil points buy the things you do in game, not by the school you choose. There are evil players in good schools, and good players in evil schools. Alignment matters also. 

I don't think alignment should be determined by what skills you use. It also needs to matter. I would hate to see a fake system like swtor has.

I think it's pretty important to let the player choose their path in sandbox settings.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • SarykSaryk Member UncommonPosts: 476

I am wondering if there will be factions like EQ, if you help one faction, you piss off another. If you belong to a guild and that guild puts their fealty to a major organization, then the guild accepts the faction standing of the organization. 

Example Only: Guild Heartbreakers joins Qeynos, Qeynos is at war with Freeport, Heartbreakers will be KOS in Freeport. Belonging to Qeynos, gives you access to classes X,Y, and Z?

I would like to see if a member of Heartbreakers starts killing Qeynos civilians, would the guild leader find out? Would Qeynos kick the guild? Would those classes disappear?

• ZieglerZiegler Member Posts: 159

Let them choose thier path....but let there be consequences to those actions.

Taking SWTOR....it didnt matter at all which one you chose except to move the scale so you could buy some armor and slightly change your look.

I like the idea of......get in with the shadow guild and learn to be a shadow knight...but as such....no paladin school will ever teach you....it's the consequence.  Or at the very least, the paladin teaching (quest series) will cleanse you of all of your shadow abilities as you move into the paladin role.