Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest Next: Time Lapse Building Landmark Style

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Sony Online entertainment has released a brand new time lapse video to show off the building process in Everquest Next: Landmark. It shows what players will be able to do in the sandbox environment being created by the SOE EQN team. Let us know what you think! (Ed note: Nope, no sound!)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    This would be so much more awesome if they gave that elf(?) girl (?) a hammer and a little animation of her quickly pounding away to build things instead of her(?) current animation of walking in place.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Well.. cool, kinda... Then what?
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • IadienIadien Member UncommonPosts: 638
    If you mean new as in old, then yep, it's new.
  • naZchoconaZchoco Member Posts: 82

bc - what do you mean? then you have a player created environment that goes up for "bid" essentially - as whoever has the best lookng stuff gets voted in game right? I may be wrong but i think that's how it works.

so , pretty neat.

• nuttobnuttob Member Posts: 291
    You sure this is the correct video?  This was posted by Sony a while ago...
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Originally posted by naZchoco

bc - what do you mean? then you have a player created environment that goes up for "bid" essentially - as whoever has the best lookng stuff gets voted in game right? I may be wrong but i think that's how it works.

so , pretty neat.

So basically you're doing for free what a Sony employee artist would get paid to do!

(well, actually, if I recall correctly, you're selling your work to them at a premium discount in their favor.  Maybe).

Oh those wacky Sony people. Pure genius.
  • naZchoconaZchoco Member Posts: 82

very genius.

because a lot of people actually enjoy creating stuff like this, including myself.

and they get a game made for them - for the people - for free, or at a premium discount.

either way i'm happy with the direction.

• LeemadoLeemado Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by TiamatRoar

so , pretty neat.

So basically you're doing for free what a Sony employee artist would get paid to do!

(well, actually, if I recall correctly, you're selling your work to them at a premium discount in their favor.  Maybe).

Well if EverQuest Next is F2P then I see no problem in building the world for them.

Anyway, really smart move from Sony.

• HighMarshalHighMarshal Member UncommonPosts: 414
    I wonder if I could add game designer to my resume after playing Landmark!
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Originally posted by Leemado

so , pretty neat.

Well if EverQuest Next is F2P then I see no problem in building the world for them.

So you have no problem to let someone else make money off of your work while you suck your fingers looking like a moron who did not get a single penny for his hard work? 

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• GolazGolaz Member UncommonPosts: 24
    I'm pretty sure this video is old
  • quseioquseio Member UncommonPosts: 234
    you get paid if its bought in landmark and eqn i guess and probably recieve something if its used in eqn we dont know yet
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Originally posted by Leemado

so , pretty neat.

This is Sony you are talking about.  Do you really think the majority of building tools and assests will be free to use?  We have plenty of examples of Sony's idea of free to play.  Free client does not even remotely mean free gameplay and Sony is notorious for nickel and diming people over this kind of thing.  They're not stupid, they are putting all of this focus on in game building and you really think most if not all of it will be free?

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Golaz
    I'm pretty sure this video is old

its from a month ago at Pax 2013

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/09/01/pax-prime-2013-everquest-landmark-screens-and-video/

• Aldous.HuxleyAldous.Huxley Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418
    This game would not be getting a fraction of the publicity that it's receiving if the EQ name wasn't attached to it.
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

It's cool and all, but what's the point? lol

What happens when hundreds of players start to carve sex toys in the rocks?

It just kind of feels like that Warcraft 2 map editor - not really part of the real game.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Making content that looks like something a dev would do as a random environment is kind of boring.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• DeathmachinePTDeathmachinePT Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Seem way time consuming reminds me of SWg /movefurniture foward X the time required to arrange items in a house was dreadful seems this is the same.

ASROCK Z97 E-ITX 
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.5Ghz+KrakenX41
    Gigabyte 1070 8GB Mini OC
    16GB Crucial 1333mhz 1.3V
    SWG 8 Year Vet, WW2OL 8 Year Vet.
    Aka Darksparrow Rancorheart(tempest/farstar), Fxmkorp

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    Originally posted by Vivasvan
    Yaaaawn. This has nothing to do with RPG. It's development for the devs so they can offer a shallow set game for free under F2P.

Looking forward to the next true mmorpg while sony prances around trying to ruin EQs good rep.

Once again they had no reason to ruin the EQ name. They could have just called this Sony Sandbox fantasy landmark.

And called the upcoming EQnext 'game' something different too as NONE of this has anything to do with EQ

yawn.

yaaaaawwwn

YAAAAWWWWNNNNN!

Sorry I have nothing else to say.   This is the place to post if we yawn right?  Cause I'm pretty sure everyone cares.

• DrakephireDrakephire Member UncommonPosts: 451
    How did this get tagged as a new video? This is at least a month old if not longer.
  • KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    That's pretty cool. I mod TES and Fallout games so I'm into stuff like this.
  • Neo_ViperNeo_Viper Member UncommonPosts: 609

so , pretty neat.

Those posts are nothing short of amazing... or sad. Your choice.

Players ask for years and years for more "player created content" in MMORPGs.

A game is about to offer them that possibility, and now, it's the evil developers trying to exploit the poor players.

Make up your mind guys. Do you want player created content, or not?

My computer is better than yours.