Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do Not Log In ! Patch accidentally deployed early !

From the SWTOR forums:

Hello everyone,

As some of you have already noticed, we unintentionally released the patch data for Game Update 2.4 this afternoon at 2:46 pm CDT before its scheduled deployment.

If you have already begun patching or completed patching, we recommend that you do not run the Launcher until after tomorrow’s maintenance. If you do not run the Launcher until tomorrow, you will only have to patch Game Update 2.4.

If you do (or already have) run the Launcher again prior to tomorrow morning’s update, you will need to re-download the entire game client.

**Please do not attempt to log in or patch at this time.**

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Comments

• PreythanPreythan Member Posts: 66
    Sounds like someone was waaaaaayyy too excited about the patch...or just wanted to piss people off by having them re-download the client.
  • niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049
    Am I missing something or are they asking people not to play their game tonight?
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    LOL, how do you ACCIDENTALLY release a patch?
  • Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642
    Originally posted by niceguy3978
    Am I missing something or are they asking people not to play their game tonight?

If that's the case, then they need to refund all the paid players one day.

• drtack1drtack1 Member UncommonPosts: 273

I am still redownloading the game from last week when it said it was patching then decided to re download the entire game. Pretty pissed off about this 8-56b/s speed.

But its not their fault I get crappy download speeds, I mean every other thing I download downloads at a speed of 500-1 mb/s.

This download rate issue needs to be fixed....I am about to quit playing again. I mean a week to download the _____ (/insert bad word) is stupid. 

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    The whole patching process has been very badly handled since they updated the launcher with the Bitraider Web Client, with some people complaining on the official forums of up to 4-8 hours to download quiet small updates/patches. This is going to be the icing on the cake for some of the disgruntled players. Have been playing again off and on again recently and have had to re-download the whole game three times now because of patching problems freezing my computer (Which is not a slow computer in anybody's books). It's not going to stop me playing the game but the whole thing reeks of unprofessionalism. Pull your finger out BioWare!