Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert Discussion Thread

12346»

Comments

• nikobellicnikobellic Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by Shauneepeak

Some new screenshots from E3

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2013-06-13/e3_2013_black_desert_online_new_screenshots_released_1.shtml

bah, is it just me or these new sctreens really suck?

i really loved the first art i saw of this game but those new screens feel like taken at an insitution for human disorders and anomalies...

• alyosha17alyosha17 Member Posts: 156

oh that website is a fansite... i thought it was the actual pearl abyss website.

• ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Originally posted by nikobellic

Some new screenshots from E3

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2013-06-13/e3_2013_black_desert_online_new_screenshots_released_1.shtml

bah, is it just me or these new sctreens really suck?

i really loved the first art i saw of this game but those new screens feel like taken at an insitution for human disorders and anomalies...

I think I understand what you mean I think what we are feeling is not so much that they suck, just that they're not as breath taking I guess is the best way to put it. The early screenshots we saw were the massive cityscapes, grand boss battles, expansive environments while these recent ones have been the more down to earth everyday things basic PVM, skilling, NPC interaction etc. If you compare the screens to other games out right now it still looks phenomenal they are just sort of a let down from the earlier ones we have seen.

Originally posted by alyosha17

oh that website is a fansite... i thought it was the actual pearl abyss website.

I thought the same at first as well it is a very well made fansite. lol

• alyosha17alyosha17 Member Posts: 156

At first when I thought it was the official site, I was kind of shocked at how amateur it seemed beyond the front page.  For example, none of the information there is concrete and everything is phrased like " we are not sure whether this will be THIS way or THAT way" etc.  It's very unprofessional if that were to be an official website.  But obviously as a fansite perfectly acceptable.

At first when I thought it was the official site, I was kind of shocked at how amateur it seemed beyond the front page.  For example, none of the information there is concrete and everything is phrased like " we are not sure whether this will be THIS way or THAT way" etc.  It's very unprofessional if that were to be an official website.  But obviously as a fansite perfectly acceptable.

Oh I really just skimmed it so didn't pay much attention, I only noticed the "Lama" mistake I meant more the design itself than what was actually on it.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Just discovered this game by stumbling across the trailer. Wasn't on my radar at all. Now it is. Love the artistry they are aiming for so far. The information in this thread was very helpful so thanks. I was only focused on ESO, curious about EQ Next, debating if I should continue beta testing Final Fantasy, about to beta test Wildstar, but this just was added to my list of games Im going to start following. Some great stuff. Hope it pans out.

There Is Always Hope!

Originally posted by keithian
    Just discovered this game by stumbling across the trailer. Wasn't on my radar at all. Now it is. Love the artistry they are aiming for so far. The information in this thread was very helpful so thanks. I was only focused on ESO, curious about EQ Next, debating if I should continue beta testing Final Fantasy, about to beta test Wildstar, but this just was added to my list of games Im going to start following. Some great stuff. Hope it pans out.

I am glad that you were able to add another game to your hype list sadly that wait is going to be long for this one.

A brand new teaser trailer released for the closed beta. Sorry for the YouTube quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7JAI_cjJL0

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

A brand new teaser trailer released for the closed beta. Sorry for the YouTube quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7JAI_cjJL0

Thank you. I'm not much into trailers because the music always emotionally moves me and biases my opinion LOL.

There Is Always Hope!

• lucas12lucas12 Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by waynejr2
    Originally posted by waynejr2
    Love how I got 5 votes in the second after I posted this please at least watch the trailer and respond to the thread. Though I should have expected this making a poll oh well.

Do you infact know that people haven't seen that link before?

No, but I'm a pessimist so I usually assume the worst. =P

Sometimes when people come in with an passonate post about some new game, they come off looking like a viral marketer.  Expect a negative reaction. 

A better way to promote this game is to get the attention of the mmorpg.com staff and  have them do a big opening for it. 

in the 01/01/2013 the game reached 80% full game, so have not much to add in game features now, i can see what this game will be...

i'm have much more interest in Archeage

the black desert will be released on begining of 2014 but only on korea and have notices that this game will be F2P

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

the reason why im intrested in this game..

Manual aiming

core mechanics are build on pvp

interactive map with territory control

caste building npc hiring

i dont mind if this game launches in korea only.. there are ways around it.. only problem is high ping..

• zetsu1zetsu1 Member Posts: 3

based in informations on the internet, you can't build a house or castle or farm... you BUY the farm,house or castle...

and can't destroy the walls, u destroy only the doors