Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Heroic Characters FAQ up at the EverQuest II site

ArkainArkain Member UncommonPosts: 491

Heroic Characters FAQ up at the EverQuest II site

https://www.everquest2.com/news/everquest2-heroic-characters-faq

Comments

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

The short version of the news is:

You can get a geared level 85 (out of 95) toon with 280 AAs (out of 320) for free between Oct 1 and 15th. 

You only get one per account free. 

After the 15th, getting one costs 3500 Station Cash. 

There will also be an option to upgrade an existing toons to the level 85 heroic. (not clear if available during the freebie period). 

There will also be an option to buy a 280AA bauble in the future. (no freebie as far as i can tell.) 

The upcoming new Channeller class will NOT be available as a heroic character immediately at launch of expac, but will be added sometime down the road. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If any of you are new to EQ2 and thinking of trying it out now that you can get a free high level toon, feel free to use my reference link below to create your account, it will give you a free "starter kit" also.   If you'd like specific advice on viable classes to choose or anything else about the game, feel free to PM me here.   If you would like some in-game newbie advice, you can find me on Crushbone server - Pantheya. 

https://recruit.soe.com/recruit/smlanding.action?iId=P1RP3VXHW85KD9RNO1N4&gamecode=EQ2

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• ArkainArkain Member UncommonPosts: 491
    Originally posted by arieste

The short version of the news is:

You can get a geared level 85 (out of 95) toon with 280 AAs (out of 320) for free between Oct 1 and 15th. 

You only get one per account free. 

After the 15th, getting one costs 3500 Station Cash. 

There will also be an option to upgrade an existing toons to the level 85 heroic. (not clear if available during the freebie period). 

There will also be an option to buy a 280AA bauble in the future. (no freebie as far as i can tell.) 

The upcoming new Channeller class will NOT be available as a heroic character immediately at launch of expac, but will be added sometime down the road. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If any of you are new to EQ2 and thinking of trying it out now that you can get a free high level toon, feel free to use my reference link below to create your account, it will give you a free "starter kit" also.   If you'd like specific advice on viable classes to choose or anything else about the game, feel free to PM me here.   If you would like some in-game newbie advice, you can find me on Crushbone server - Pantheya. 

https://recruit.soe.com/recruit/smlanding.action?iId=P1RP3VXHW85KD9RNO1N4&gamecode=EQ2

Thats not quit what is said "TRY BEFORE YOU BUY

“Try Before You Buy” characters start at Level 85 with a flying Pegasus mount, Level 85 armor, food, drink, ammo and a few potions. Beginning in Iceclad in Velious,there is a new quest which gives an update on the world storyline and prepares the hero for adventures ahead. To support this, EverQuest II: Destiny of Velious expansion content will be included free for all players when Heroic Characters launch.

These Characters start with 100 AAs already assigned using a Solo Character Advancement template. Also, each class will have many of its iconic buffs pre-cast upon arriving in Velious. Easy- peasy, lemon-squeezy.

There are a few restrictions however. After a full level of Try Before You Buy, these characters will stop earning combat experience when they reach level 86. Once they are logged off after reaching level 86, they are locked and can’t be logged in again unless they are upgraded to a full Heroic Character at the Character Select screen.

Some restrictions for the Try Before You Buy characters are in place to prevent issues for the community at large. These characters can’t trade, use shared banks, mentor, duel bet, send or receive attachments in emails, and a few other things, like combat experience being set at 100%. We are still defining some of those finer details to maintain a fun experience for everyone".

And:

"NEW HEROIC CHARACTER (3500 SC)

If you already know the class you want to play and want to bypass the Try Before you Buy option, you can acquire a Heroic Characterand start at Level 85 with 280AAs assigned through a Solo Character Advancement Template, the Pegasus flying mount, armor, food, drink, and potions, and start in Iceclad in Velious. Full Heroic Characters are not limited by level provided you have the expansions required to reach maximum level.

UPGRADING EXISTING CHARACTERS (3500 SC)

Existing characters can upgrade to a Heroic Character instantly no matter what their level or AA points and be set to Level 85 and 280AAs (unless the character is already above those). All upgraded characters will receive the mount, armor, food, drink, and potions in their inventory.

Can I upgrade an existing character? 

You can absolutely upgrade an existing character.  Once you’ve done so you’ll be granted level 85 and your AA’s will be raised to 280 not to mention receive handy items to help you along".

So the free ones lock at level 86, untill you pay the 3500SCs or I am missing the part of a full HEROIC CHARACTER for free.

Edit, ok found it, you are right here is the link:

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/producer-letter-about-heroic-characters.539674/

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

clarifier

http://eq2wire.com/2013/09/24/heroic-characters-addendum-one-per-existing-account-or-one-per-household/

To make it very clear…

Hero’s Call is a limited- time “create one free Heroic Character” promotion that will run from Oct. 1 to 15. During this time, the promotion allows the following:

1. New accounts created as of today (Sept. 23, 2013) and later can create 1 free Heroic Character per household, i.e. as of today, don’t expect to create 30 new accounts and expect each one to get a free Heroic Character during the promotion period.

2. All existing accounts created on or before yesterday’s date (Sept. 22, 2013) can create or upgrade to one fully unrestricted Heroic Character for free. For example, if a family has 5 accounts they play with that were created three months ago, each account will have access to one free Heroic Character from Oct. 1 to 15 only.

3.After Oct. 15, the free Hero’s Call promotional offer goes away and both new accounts and existing accounts will not have access to the “One Free Heroic Character Hero’s Call” offer.

4.After the promotion ends on Oct. 15, all new or upgraded free Heroic Characters created from Oct. 1 to 15 will remain fully unlocked and won’t lose any functionality or features.

Hope that helps.

Holly Longdale
    Sr. Producer
    EverQuest II

more clarifications on SOE forums -- any level character can be converted to "Heroic" status
    “At SOE Live it sounded like the heroic characters will get some unique appearance class-specific armors. Is this correct?

And if it is, will there be a way for existing characters to obtain the appearance versions of these? For example, if i have my 95/320 defiler, there is no point in me updating it to heroic, yet if there is cool new defiler armor in the game, i'd like to be able to obtain it by (for example) doing a quest or purchasing from my class trainer”
    The only way to obtain the unique armor for heroic characters is to become a heroic character.

goto forum link for more info