Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is the Beta real?

RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
I am seriously starting to wonder if there actually has been any real betas. None of my friends have been invited and we all signed up as soon as sign-ups were available. No one in my guild has gotten in either. These beta phases are starting to seem fictional to me...

Smile

Comments

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    yes, beta for Wildstar is real.....can't say much more

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by Randayn
    yes, beta for Wildstar is real.....can't say much more

Alright, then I guess there aren't many players being let in. Oh well!

Smile

• ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709

I can neither confirm nor deny that there were multiple beta stages, and stress tests, and that the beta as a whole is taking a break....

Perhaps the beta is like cake....

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

Should have a CB4 starting soon all I can say.

• Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Is it still a plan to release in Q1 2014?  Or is that slowly slipping to Q2?

• MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Still set for Q1 2014, hopefully it's ready by then. I can't wait for this one. I hope it has epic looking gear at endgame ala WoW. 

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

i hate wow endgame treadmilling and their ugly gear, and i havent even played it in forever.

ild rather they have gear like swtor so i can get the set i like, and put the stats parts into it after the fact.

• Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by neorandom

i hate wow endgame treadmilling and their ugly gear, and i havent even played it in forever.

ild rather they have gear like swtor so i can get the set i like, and put the stats parts into it after the fact.

Maybe they will let you look however you want (with gear you've collected) and take the stats of the gear equipped.  Either way, I can't wait for this game.

• skyline385skyline385 Member Posts: 564

Carbine dev (CRB_Gaffer is Gaffney probably) said this on

http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/1msx2c/so_whats_the_deal_with_the_beta/

"Came to answer this, but everyone else covered it! Upvotes all around.

(Closed Beta, NDA, back in a month or two with all sorts of new goodies and improvements, we're basically in polish mode through launch but for us that means getting tons of testing and iteration)"

Basically, beta in oct or nov, game is in polish mode which means it's probably running on schedule for release.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

I signed up for the beta after seeing the game at Gamescom 2 years ago. The only answers I ever got were more mails such as "watch the latest dev interview" and "check out the newest race"

So I assume the beta registration was just to create more hype.

Harbinger of Fools
    Originally posted by Dakeru

I signed up for the beta after seeing the game at Gamescom 2 years ago. The only answers I ever got were more mails such as "watch the latest dev interview" and "check out the newest race"

If you haven't followed the game to even know that there have already been several closed betas done including a couple of minor stress tests having 30k+ people in limited regions, then i would say you don't deserve to be playing one.

They took a break from closed betas a couple of months ago to implement several major changes which they have done already and will resuming it in October as the devs have said several times.

This goes for the OP as well

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by skyline385

If you haven't followed the game to even know that there have already been several closed betas done including a couple of minor stress tests having 30k+ people in limited regions, then i would say you don't deserve to be playing one.

They took a break from closed betas a couple of months ago to implement several major changes which they have done already and will resuming it in October as the devs have said several times.

Ah good to know that you are the one in charge to judge people and decide whether they should get something or not.

I followed them for a year after I registered and that is more than enough time. When you tell a million convention visitors to sign up for testing and you get nothing but a commercial spam for the next 2 years then it's the company that doesn't deserve something. That something being my money and attention.

Harbinger of Fools

Ah good to know that you are the one in charge to judge people and decide whether they should get something or not.

I followed them for a year after I registered and that is more than enough time. When you tell a million convention visitors to sign up for testing and you get nothing but a commercial spam for the next 2 years then it's the company that doesn't deserve something. That something being my money and attention.

Closed Betas (especially in the Alpha stages) always have a very low number of lucky folks. The 30K+ which they invited for several tests was a generous number. I myself have been following the game for over a year and i have yet to be invited to even one beta. But, i ain't gonna go up in arms and start whining that beta is a hoax.

They never said that we want a million people to sign. They gave everyone a fair chance and opened up the signings for everyone. Just because over a million signed doesn't give you the authority to demand higher numbers of invites. They will invite what they can support at the time of the beta and what they feel will be enough to get the feedback they require.

[mod edit]

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130
    Originally posted by neorandom

I'm with you on this one.. I think I wear a different set every other day I just take out and re-insert the mods.. Love their gear system in SWTOR.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• ZapzapZapzap Member UncommonPosts: 224

Closed Betas (especially in the Alpha stages) always have a very low number of lucky folks. The 30K+ which they invited for several tests was a generous number. I myself have been following the game for over a year and i have yet to be invited to even one beta. But, i ain't gonna go up in arms and start whining that beta is a hoax.

They never said that we want a million people to sign. They gave everyone a fair chance and opened up the signings for everyone. Just because over a million signed doesn't give you the authority to demand higher numbers of invites. They will invite what they can support at the time of the beta and what they feel will be enough to get the feedback they require.

[mod edit]

Developers put a lot of trust into people they invite into early betas and alpha.  These players can do a lot of damage at early stages if CMs pick the wrong people.  If someone sends them demanding emails, complaints and shows impatience there is a good chance they will demonstrate they are not trustworthy and get on the do not invite list.  In traditional MMO alphas and betas I see a lot of the same people every game getting invites.  These people may or may not be nice people but they know to how to act appropriately.  They know how to post constructively, how to treat other people with respect, how to do their job without creating waves and understand they should honor the trust the devs have put in them and not to leak information.

The poster above said he has emailed Carbine.  If he has expressed the same impatience and used the same tone he has used here it is no wonder he has not gotten an invite.  What CM would trust him with an early invite.  Generally CMs will invite people and guilds they know form other games 1st, people that they and other devs have worked with before whether its beta testing or raid testing or whatever, fanboys who have spent a lot of times on forums who have acted and posted appropriately and people who attend conventions and fan rallys. 

A lot  of luck is needed getting into betas and alphas, a lot of it is relationships and past experience and a lot of it is the way you act.  But regardless patience is needed.  It could simply be bad luck on part of the poster or it could be that he came off poorly in his communications.

• Kayo45Kayo45 Member Posts: 293
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    I am seriously starting to wonder if there actually has been any real betas. None of my friends have been invited and we all signed up as soon as sign-ups were available. No one in my guild has gotten in either. These beta phases are starting to seem fictional to me...

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Its a giant conspiracy. The only people that get in are the ones that hang out in irc all day and suck up to devs.

Or the ones with community connections, ie the inner circle of wildstar fans.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Wildstar Beta... it is indeed an elusive legend well spoken of yet few have proof if any of. Much like the Loch Ness Monster or Big Foot. We only get a few bits and pieces to look at, unable to tell if they are real or simply an elaborate hoax. Heck, perhaps wildstar itself is but an elaborate hoax fooling us that it actually exists?
  • etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855

Do not tryy and get into the beta, thats impossible, instead really  try to realize the truth.

THere is no beta.

Then you´ll see there is no beta, only yourself!  ;)

• RorhcRorhc Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Originally posted by Nitth

Its a giant conspiracy. The only people that get in are the ones that hang out in irc all day and suck up to devs.

Or the ones with community connections, ie the inner circle of wildstar fans.

It's weird that I'm neither of those.

Conspiracy! (lol)

This could end up being very interesting.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

I love these posts.  There's always someone who can't fathom the idea of them or their vast network of friends and guildmates not getting into an early access portion of game development.

It's like they don't know that there are likely over a million applicants to choose from.

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,534
    Yes the beta is real. Trust me.
    Originally posted by Heretique
    Yes the beta is real. Trust me.

Are you saying from previous experience or did they start sending invites again and you got lucky image?

• lolunaticlolunatic Member Posts: 108
    *DELETED 4 BETA LEAKS*
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Also don't forget if I don't like a game and none of my friends are playing said game, then the game is fail and will soon close.  WoW is a failed game since I don't play it and none of my friends like the game.  See!