Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rise, Age of Conan!!

Comments

• VaporsVapors Member UncommonPosts: 407
    Originally posted by Caldrin
    Originally posted by Whitebeards
    Originally posted by Caldrin
    i guess he mean the combat combo system and blocking system? its pretty deep compared to other themepark games.

Deep how? they have made it easier now comapred to when game fist released. They have reduced the number of combos you do..i remember when you had to prss upto 6 arrows for a simple move.

Even then it wasn't deep...the arrows flash on screen and all you need is quick reflexes for it. So yep i still don't  get this 'incredibly deep' mechanics.

Well compared to themepark games it is.. its also not just the combos you need to worry about, you can move your active blocks aronud to reduce the damage you take, you can hit more than one target at a time, you can dodge out the way of attacks.. so yeah sure its not as deep as the combat system in mount and blade or somthing but its certainly more to it than your standard tab target themepark mmo..

I guess he maybe meant that you can play every character on a diffrent playstyle. Easiest example the dmg healers or support healers or dps healers.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

They promise an overhaul of crafting 2 years ago....and it's still not in the game.

Lage scale guild fights....still are liable to crash....last I checked

I had high hopes for the game...bought the expensive founders edition

• DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf

They promise an overhaul of crafting 2 years ago....and it's still not in the game.

Crafting comes... But it is further delayed because they still need to make it compatible with the old systems... But hey, we are getting single server technology now. You can absically PvP your brains out in minigames and sieges now :)

I think AoC will see a further rise in activity through out may and this summer :)

The Ultimate Breakdown

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

I got banned from this game ages ago , ironically the game has nudity is R18 but obviously you cant swear in game excessively else the banhammer will get you .

However seems like I can play again now 5 years later .  D/Ling it now ,  will be interesting to see how it looks with full graphics turned on ultra . I remember my old PC couldn't handle it very well .

• f0dell54f0dell54 Member CommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by Grailer

I got banned from this game ages ago , ironically the game has nudity is R18 but obviously you cant swear in game excessively else the banhammer will get you .

However seems like I can play again now 5 years later .  D/Ling it now ,  will be interesting to see how it looks with full graphics turned on ultra . I remember my old PC couldn't handle it very well .

So, basically you're saying that you got banned for doing something that you'd get banned for in any other game. I guess banning douche bags is a universal thing.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    Let me know when they put in the pub brawls they lied about before release.
  • nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    Originally posted by DaSpack

Crafting comes... But it is further delayed because they still need to make it compatible with the old systems... But hey, we are getting single server technology now. You can absically PvP your brains out in minigames and sieges now :)

I think AoC will see a further rise in activity through out may and this summer :)

They sold the game on the back of direct x 10 and it didn't have it in game until a year into launch. The Sieges are not the sieges they hyped it them to be and, it stil crashes a lot.

• DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589

Bar Brawl... The idea was screappedeven before launch of the game :)  Fun sounding idea.. but not implementable.

It's quite common for developers to talk to their communities about upcoming projects.. hell it's even normal for developers to get their communities to test stuff, before final call on wether the content should be added or not.

Are you new to MMOing?

The Ultimate Breakdown

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Originally posted by Grailer

When it released it was way ahead of its time.. and hardware

Now playing on a GTX 580 since a few months and it´s a total eye popper in DX10 with everything on high, even more so if you install Sweet FX :))

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

This is the only MMO I enjoy atm or game in general, only other games i'm looking forward to atm are FFXIV and 7 Days to Die.

Gaming is getting too saturated, too many "me too" games at least Age of Conan is a pure vanilla experience with a unique combat system.

Best F2P on the market atm that even come close to next gen feel. Everything else feels old.

• grhuffgrhuff Member UncommonPosts: 7

I took a pass on this game when it first came out and it quickly dropped off my radar. However I wanted a break from playing single-player games and this one popped up on one of my Steam screens last week as a F2P MMO option and I decided to try it. Let me just say that I am thoroughly enjoying my experience in Tortage so far. With graphics cranked to the max alongside SweetFX and a custom UI, this game looks amazing and melee combat is very enjoyable. I've even had the pleasure to run in a few impromptu questing groups in the dungeons outside Tortage. The players seem friendly and there are a lot of guilds advertising for new members in Tortage. If you haven't tried this game before, I highly recommend giving it shot since it's free (and if you create an account through Steam you get a pretty nice looking cosmetic cloak!).

I play on Set and my character is a Conqueror named Goskantos. Don't hesitate to reach out to me with any questions or adventuring opportunities!

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Gorwe
    Maybe I come back after they alleviated the f2p draconic restrictions. They used to be BAD back in the day.

Used to, but not since last year, the f2p revision.

Only 2 restrictions left, the limited inv / trader space and the gold limit (though it was raised from 2 gold to 10). Oh, and Khitai - always forget it since it's just a massive grindfest :) so, as a free player you can't go beyond the Wall, whether you've bought the RotG expansion or not. You must subscribe for that.

But subscription was revisited as well with the latest anniversary, 200 bonus points per month (instead of 60), and +1 AA point with every level you advance.

or Grindbringer :) it had many similar nickname indeed.

I still find it hard to believe that there are players out there who were happy for it (true, I never was a "game starts at the endgame grind" type of a player).

Even screenshotted a forum post back then, where a dude wrote it's a great system, because for example if he needs xxx, yyy, and zzz gear then it defines a clear path, and after 92 days he'll acquire all 3. And when a reply said, you want to grind the very same content for 3 months and you're happy with it? he wrote: yeah, why, what's the problem with that? :)

To each his own I guess... I rather re-play the base story with a new character but I won't touch the factions again with a 10-foot polearm.

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556
    Oh, the Rise of the Grindslayer? ;)

I remember someone calculating(in 2010 I think) on forums that if you would want to max all the Factions in the rotg, it'd take around ten years. Round half century for 4 characters. So...enjoy!

LOL!

It is much improved now.

The faction quests now have a 20 hour cooldown but give a vastly improved amount of marks of aclaim and faction points so you it only takes a few weeks to max out the factions.

My character hit 80 last weekend and I'm already rank 1 with all the factions and well on the way to rank 2 (that's 150K rep out of 1100K needed for max rank) and I don't get the time to do all the faction quests every day.

The hardest thing to get now are the rare tokens needed for the best gear, but if you join a guild that does the K6 dungeons you'll get those pretty quickly as well (I'm averaging around 20 a day in my limited play time and 10 days worth will get me a weapons).

The Enlightened take things Lightly

Originally posted by DanitaKusor
    Oh, the Rise of the Grindslayer? ;)

I remember someone calculating(in 2010 I think) on forums that if you would want to max all the Factions in the rotg, it'd take around ten years. Round half century for 4 characters. So...enjoy!

LOL!

It is much improved now.

The faction quests now have a 20 hour cooldown but give a vastly improved amount of marks of aclaim and faction points so you it only takes a few weeks to max out the factions.

My character hit 80 last weekend and I'm already rank 1 with all the factions and well on the way to rank 2 (that's 150K rep out of 1100K needed for max rank) and I don't get the time to do all the faction quests every day.

The hardest thing to get now are the rare tokens needed for the best gear, but if you join a guild that does the K6 dungeons you'll get those pretty quickly as well (I'm averaging around 20 a day in my limited play time and 10 days worth will get me a weapons).

lol, the irony... vastly improved :) so it's only 1.5 months of grinding the same content for MoA's instead of 4-5 months... thx but I guess I rather staying in Hyboria and enjoying the world. Vistrix or Kylikki doesn't require f*ction gear anyways. But I admit it's still amusing to see lfg's like "Atzel, full AA, exp req"

Grindslayer is the worst example of a direction a game can choose for endgame content :)

So, is it worth revisiting?

I know about Gold cap, classes etc changes to f2p, but what about bags and inventory space?

I am also worried about size. I know that Funcom makes huge games, so how huge is AoC currently? How many xx gigs(it's gotta be in the tens)?

If you accept a biased opinion (I'm still playing and I only dislike Godslayer) it's definitely worth it.

Inventory is the reason I used to drop in the monthly sub, but I have many alts and I'm a hoarder :) and to purchase slots to all of them would cost a fortune, bag and trader prices are insane.

Though for a newcomer with a first playthrough, it's not that bad. Personal inventory can be upgraded with ingame gold, just like before f2p. Within the 10gold limit you can have at once, I guess there's a bag for 7 gold, it's more than enough if you don't loot every trash you see. (crafting resources and quest items have a separate inventory without restrictions)

As for the Trader (mail, bank and AH in one), the slot restriction is pretty tough, and cannot be uplifted ingame, only with Store purchase - or with subscribing. It depends on your playstyle, for me that means subbing, but for someone who doesn't keep different gear sets, or not a huge AH trader, it might be ok. Worth a check to see, how badly it affects you personally. (edit: seriously, I know a guy who played up until 60 without the Trader :) "consumable is for consuming, gear is for wearing, why should I keep the other junk?" lol)

Current AoC size is about 34Gb.

TSW is about 43Gb (great game as well).
  • obake90obake90 Member Posts: 60

The Servers Merged this month..

US+EU= Fun for PvP

A lot more players are playing together, if you left AOC becuase your server were empty, you should check out the Merge.

Listen to the whole song

RISE AGE OF CONAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    It's a really solid game.  Took me about 3 different tries to get into it, but once I got out of Tortage, I really began to enjoy it.  Still one of the best-looking games around.  And yeah, combat is great fun.  
  • marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Came back and love it. 'Nuff said.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

I wish it were more than an ffa pvp  or pve game

The promised a redone crafting system 2 1/2 years ago and I'm still waiting.

I wish...really  wish I could be more positive with a game that just keeps missing the mark imo.

• Destiny2010Destiny2010 Member UncommonPosts: 327

I wish it were more than an ffa pvp  or pve game

The promised a redone crafting system 2 1/2 years ago and I'm still waiting.

I wish...really  wish I could be more positive with a game that just keeps missing the mark imo.

Crafting was delayed a few months back due to it being a greater undertaking then they had foresaw. Also, not everyhting they had done with it so far was connected with newer systems like renown gain and such I belive. And that`s also pretty important. I would also like a new system, but I want it to be as complete as it can be also before its live. Developing it is also comes at the price of other content when income to the game is most likely dropping due to many want to play for free. Proud to be a supporter of the game developent, by being a premium member.

The reason why it has taken so long was that other content was needed before this I think, and I agree with that also.

• MyrradahMyrradah Member UncommonPosts: 102

Does equipment actually make a difference that is measurable?

Equipment is part of improving your character which is a major drive in a MMO. originally, I could remove all equipment outside of a weapon and be just as effective.

Are people still proving this point by running around in the diaper?

• RhazmuzRhazmuz Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Originally posted by Myrradah

Equipment is part of improving your character which is a major drive in a MMO. originally, I could remove all equipment outside of a weapon and be just as effective.

Gear is quite significant in AOC. Split between gear and skill, I would say gear accounts for at least 50%

• Destiny2010Destiny2010 Member UncommonPosts: 327
    Originally posted by Myrradah

Sounds like you played back in 2008/early 2009, since after 1,5 gear was changed, and now has lots of stats, like many are used to from other games. Still, never undersestimate a player that knows its class, and also fighting a class its supposed to be strong against. Skill, control and knowledge of your class still matter, just not as much as in the launch year.