Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a break from your mmo? KSP is the answer!

drtack1drtack1 Member UncommonPosts: 273

So, I got bored playing GW2. Bought FFXIV played it for  2 weeks, beautiful game but I cant seem to get into it. I have been jumping from GW2 to defiance to firefall to TSW to AoW....................until now. My brother called me and said I have to check out Kerbal Space Program.

AMAZINGLY fun game! I love it! It is so fun and its a single player game!!!!! 

Build your own space/areo craft, test them fly them crash them! Visit the Mun(moon) and other planets. Real Physics, fantastic game play! Then they have a community of modders with TONS of mods with infinite possibilities! Hnads down the most fun I have had in a game in a long time.

I know I sound like a commercial or something but I just couldnt keep this excitement to my self haha! The game still is in alpha but it is awesome so far! Check out their website and download the trial of the game for free. If you enjoy it by all means we need more indie companies producing great games like this and throw them $22!

https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/

Comments

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

While KSP is great, I'm really not sure if It's a good distraction for regular MMO players :)

I play RPG's mostly because i constantly see myself progressing, i always have a clear goal and have fun mindlessly chasing it, they're generally fairly easy to play until you get into the very meaty end game content.

KSP had quite an initial difficulty curve ( at least for me ) and there isn't really a clear goal to chase after ( At least when i played about 2 months back. )

It's hilarious watching your spaceships fail sometimes though, while i can't play KSP for long amounts of time in one go, Its always a great game to go back to and have a laugh.

• drtack1drtack1 Member UncommonPosts: 273

I understand where your coming from. I have downloaded a bunch of mods for the game as well which keep me entertained for hours lol. I will RP missions to other planets to mine for kethane gas which s a fun mod. Been setting up orbital bases around the moon and am currently working on peiceing together parts for other orbital bases.

Def check out the forums mod sections and the mod website. 

• SkogSonSkogSon Member Posts: 59
    Look pretty cool :) Gonna check it out

Free to live, Free to play!

• BMBenderBMBender Member UncommonPosts: 827

Crap can a mod move my thread here

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5976620/KSP-gem-in-the-rough.html#5976620

sorry OP search didn't find this thread and I must have missed this one in my quick visual scan of the pc boards sorry

• BMBenderBMBender Member UncommonPosts: 827
    Originally posted by Agoden

While KSP is great, I'm really not sure if It's a good distraction for regular MMO players :)

I play RPG's mostly because i constantly see myself progressing, i always have a clear goal and have fun mindlessly chasing it, they're generally fairly easy to play until you get into the very meaty end game content.

KSP had quite an initial difficulty curve ( at least for me ) and there isn't really a clear goal to chase after ( At least when i played about 2 months back. )

It's hilarious watching your spaceships fail sometimes though, while i can't play KSP for long amounts of time in one go, Its always a great game to go back to and have a laugh.

Actually this community isn't the worse place to look to find a certain segment that wishes mmo's were harder(of course harder can be quite subjective)  Actually having to break out a calculator to plot your next planetary transfer window  is a pretty clean break from typical games these days :D Plus with the mod community the difficulty can be scaled from point and click to break out the abacas. Witch definitely increase potential audience