Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Group player LF mmo with many dungeons/raids/group activities

Jim_EraJim_Era Member UncommonPosts: 4

As the title states, I have played many games over the years and have been searching for a while for a game that is group based, not necessarily local but a large open world game that has quite a focus on dungeons and raid type encounters.

I have enjoyed acting as a healer in almost every game and I know many newer games seem to have shelled out of utility roles and focus mostly on dps.

Aion was a blast but lacked much activity and content at later levels...

WoW...well I grew out of it, it got bad very quickly and I don't intend to play it again, haven't played since the beginning of the Wrath expansion and it seems to have just gone downhill since then.

tl;dr Are there any other games with a relatively large player base that can allow for dungeon crawls with specific player roles i.e. Tank/Healer/Dps/CC and the like? Something preferably long term that isn't going anywhere anytime soon?

All suggestions appreciated. ?

Comments

• try rift  , free , with decent to big playerbase   and lots of pve  (raids etc )
  • skyline385skyline385 Member Posts: 564

Rift and SWTOR have well defined trinity roles. Both also have role-wise group finder.

I didn't go much into Rift endgame, kinda got bored, but i am on SWTOR right now and it seems to have tons of dungeons and endgame content. Tuesday's 2.4 patch is releasing a couple of new dungeons along with a new planet so the list will still increase.

I would also say Tera but i have heard that it's endgame is completely crap not sure though.

• KanylKanyl Member UncommonPosts: 252

Everquest 2 is your answear!

On the 1 of October the game will remove gear restrictions and introduce high level characters that will start at level 85 (95 is the highest level), so you can skip a huge part of the leveling. It's not like you will miss something, because there will be PLENTY to do even after 85 that will make you busy for a very long time! If that does not sounds fun, then you can just start from level 1! But the great thing here, is that you will get into raids/dungeons as it should be in end-game much faster! And oh boy. there are MANY raids and dungeons in this game!

This game is huge and maybe one of the biggest, if not the biggest mmorpg out there. The community is awesome and so is the game, with so much to do. I really, REALLT recommend this rare gem to you and it might take a while to get into it or accept "the old look" as some may call it. But when you have played for a time, you will realise how gorgeous this gem is!

I highly recommend Antonia Bayle server if you are from US! If you are from EU as me, then Freeport might be the best option!

Go for it and good luck! 

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

i think these suggestions are solid ones:

Rift

EQ2

but i would add FFXIV to the list as well.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• Jim_EraJim_Era Member UncommonPosts: 4

I'll check Rift out...I just never did cause everyone said it was dead from the beginning.

And EQ2...I have played for far too long, as well as EQ1, they ran their cycle but seemed too outdated to continue.

• skyline385skyline385 Member Posts: 564
    Originally posted by Jim_Era

I'll check Rift out...I just never did cause everyone said it was dead from the beginning.

And EQ2...I have played for far too long, as well as EQ1, they ran their cycle but seemed too outdated to continue.

Rift is too much of a WoW clone if you ask me. And yes, it is kinda dead. It was a bit active during the duration it went F2P when i went in to check myself but the crowd soon moved out. One of my main issues were the ridiculously clunky combat. The combat feels very unpolished to me and the dreary landscape turned me off as well.