Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Low rating question

HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
So is the game's low rating based on the nudity or something else? I downloaded the game and made a rifle welding girl and she's kicking butt. She only lvl 10 now. But for me i kind of forget about the half nudity once i get into the combat which i find really fun. I read the review and most of it seemed to focused on the nudity and how it might offend. I get that trust me. But what about the rest of it. A rating of 4 really? Or is it they don't wish to offend the females that visit the site or work for them. Sure the game's not perfect but what mmo is these day's. Some of the high lvl characters I'VE seen seem to be wearing some armor not all but some. I don't know how long i would be playing but i don't get how this game is a 4. These days i last a couple of months in mmo's anyways. I find the game play fun and the world doesn't look bad either. And i don't buy into the needing to spend hundreds of dollars to have fun playing any game with a cash shop. I have never needed to do that ever. Heck at lvl 10 i got a free bike mount in the game. I can't remember any mmo giving a free mount. 

Comments

• fuzzytoadfuzzytoad Member Posts: 4

the low rating is due to a number of issues which have nothing to do with the in-game nudity.

Primarily:

1. Aeria GameSage corruption in regards to the way they have handled/benefited from the use of exploits in the game to inject gold and dupe Unique items.

2. An extreme P2W model enhanced by a few chokepoints in the game where a handful of players who spend ~$1000/month can basically prevent anyone from continuing in the game without purchasing boosts with real money.

3. An apathetic Staff who refuse to listen to the players, refuse to acknowledge problems and ignore any form of suggestion to improve the game.

There's a bunch of other reasons, but those are the main three.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by fuzzytoad

the low rating is due to a number of issues which have nothing to do with the in-game nudity.

Primarily:

1. Aeria GameSage corruption in regards to the way they have handled/benefited from the use of exploits in the game to inject gold and dupe Unique items.

2. An extreme P2W model enhanced by a few chokepoints in the game where a handful of players who spend ~$1000/month can basically prevent anyone from continuing in the game without purchasing boosts with real money.

3. An apathetic Staff who refuse to listen to the players, refuse to acknowledge problems and ignore any form of suggestion to improve the game.

Uhm no?

While I don't doubt the things you listed at all, that has nothing to do with the rating.

Read the review and ctrl + F to search for "shameful" and "degrading" - that's all the bad rating is about.

Harbinger of Fools
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Dakeru

Primarily:

Uhm no?

While I don't doubt the things you listed at all, that has nothing to do with the rating.

Read the review and ctrl + F to search for "shameful" and "degrading" - that's all the bad rating is about.

i would personally give it a low rating due to the fact that it doesnt innovate in any way. Its beyond generic. And then, lower it a bit more based on both your comments which also make sense.

• fuzzytoadfuzzytoad Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by Dakeru

Primarily:

Uhm no?

oh, thanks, but I misread what the OP said and didn't realize he was referring specifically to the moralistic review on this site.  I thought he meant the low ratings across the board on the internet as a whole in regards to this game..

regardless of the moral bias of the reviewer, this game had lots of potential that has been completely ruined by Aeria and their mismanagement of the game.

I guess it doesn't help that they routinely scare off new players by banning people who dare to post in-game content(screenshots/videos) on the forum for the game on their website.  *smh*

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    If I remember right, the "reviewer" let their personal taste and PC mentality influence their so called "review".  Just going by the game dynamics and other such, it would have been a rather low score to start with. Its just another generic grinder, with some eye candy tacked on.   But rather than simply pointing these issues out, they got on their PC high horse, and rode off into the sun set on it... <face palm> 
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Originally posted by Hariken
    So is the game's low rating based on the nudity or something else? I downloaded the game and made a rifle welding girl and she's kicking butt. She only lvl 10 now. But for me i kind of forget about the half nudity once i get into the combat which i find really fun. I read the review and most of it seemed to focused on the nudity and how it might offend. I get that trust me. But what about the rest of it. A rating of 4 really? Or is it they don't wish to offend the females that visit the site or work for them. Sure the game's not perfect but what mmo is these day's. Some of the high lvl characters I'VE seen seem to be wearing some armor not all but some. I don't know how long i would be playing but i don't get how this game is a 4. These days i last a couple of months in mmo's anyways. I find the game play fun and the world doesn't look bad either. And i don't buy into the needing to spend hundreds of dollars to have fun playing any game with a cash shop. I have never needed to do that ever. Heck at lvl 10 i got a free bike mount in the game. I can't remember any mmo giving a free mount. 

how much knowledge you have of the developers of SB, Liveplex? did you play their previous game Dragona Online? Judging by your post i can say that you have not, If you had then after playing SB for a while you would recognize that SB is a horrible downgraded version of Dragona. Combat, questing, transformation, skill system, pvp maps; everything are copied over from Dragona. just names are changed and textures are changed in some places(and boobs are added).  

Now let's discuss lore of SB : Royal Guards are servants of  Mother and Free Knights are those who wants to destroy mother; Free Knights catch phrase : "Mother must die".  But what do you see in game? when you play as free knight all of the NPC, even your character  in quest conversation keeps saying "praise the mother". lore is completely destroyed here. And in the website if you read the description of every class you will see each of them has it's own personality but in game all class has same conversation and no reflection of their personality. total fail. 

And now let's talk about gameplay and questing : Both royal guards and free knights play in the same zone, do the same quests, have the same ally npc. when we enter that closed off pvp area(forgot the name) free knights and royal guards are kept on 2 different side but still have the same npc on both side. so what is the point of  choosing faction? And why is the game like that? Because it was copied from Dragona and Dragona did not have faction they did not even work to create zones for 2 different faction.

PvP : pvp is on timer, same as dragona. as i have said before maps are copied from dragona, even the pvp objectives are copied from there. transformation based pvp just like dragona. but one thing they did not bring in from dragona, when players get into pvp map in dragona they are inside as a proper pvp group; in a raid. but in SB as soon as we are in pvp map we are solo, even if we queued as group we become separated inside. it would be fine if they would give enough time to let us form a proper party(not just some blind invite to as many player as possible to complete a group) but no they don't.

I can continue to point out more flaw of this game but after those i pointed already; if you have not even noticed those; then it is pointless. 

If you had enough experience with quality mmorpg then you would realize a rating of 4 is too generous for this piece of crap. 

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Yea, basically, the MMORPG review for this game gave it the right rating for the wrong reasons.
  • TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

Primarily:

Scarlet blade being a shitty game has nothing to do with the game sages or the GM and production team supporting it. Scarlet blade is a shitty game because the developers blow. The game was cheap to license so of course Aeria jumped on it because Aeria only publishes cheap, shitty free to play games. Aeria is like a master used car salesmen, tricking buyers into purchasing cheap, inferior products, only to pay for it in the long run.

You know why Aeria puts so much emphasis in their first time spender programs? It's because they know that veteran players get disgruntled when they've stuck around for so long and realize just how shitty the games are and no real fixes come along. Therefore, they make the first time spender packages really enticing so they can trick new and gullible players into spending.

But either way, Scarlet Blade is still a shit game. The forum community like to think the game sages and even the GMs have some power and sway in the game's direction, but that's just the community having very little clue how a free to play online gaming publisher works. 95% of all decisions in scarlet blade come from the shitty devs behind scarlet blade.