Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen, A Promise by Brigant, Must see!

Stone_FountainStone_Fountain Member UncommonPosts: 233

First PC Game: Pool of Radiance July 10th, 1990. First MMO: Everquest April 23, 1999

Comments

• irpugbossirpugboss Member UncommonPosts: 427
    My inner nerd wants to reach out and hug him :)

• GrahorGrahor Member Posts: 828

"Why would you believe him, even though you were disappointed by a thousand promises by previous developers? Because he grew up on the same movies as you! He seen starwars!"

Yeah, and nobody in the industry ever seen star wars before...

I should probably stop watching those videos or visiting forums. I'm just more and more disappointed in humanity with every such little thing...

• drtack1drtack1 Member UncommonPosts: 273
    That was pretty awesome!
  • TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629

Pretty good video, I enjoyed it!  *-*

*Edit* iv watched it over 5-times! - that's how good it is!

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Awesome video. LOVED it!
  • TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629

Found the creator on the main star citizen forums, thought id return and share the link for anyone who wants to see more posts!

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/57642/star-citizen-a-promise-video

Really such a good share, and quite the watch indeed. Recommending it to friends, even those who aren't star citizen fans and more just into star wars and all types of space games.

Well Done, Brigant!

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152
    That was cool, thanks for sharing

• Burdoc101Burdoc101 Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Really great.
  • DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    To be honest, I clicked the link out of boredom and expected to watch maybe 30 seconds at most... but I watched it all and, dammit, it moved me!  I can't freaking believe it.  :D
  • Stone_FountainStone_Fountain Member UncommonPosts: 233

I highly recommend checking out the Forums and checking out the game thus far. They have ships there with their stats and what weapons and components they can carry. You can compare them and get an idea of what they are about in all of their nice gfx splendor.

https://www.forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/

This crowd funded game is about to cross 20 Million Dollars with each stretch goal making a new game feature possible. Chris Roberts is the guy that brought us the Wing Commander games and Star Citizen is going to be a game HE wants to play. Thus, no publishers involved, no dumbing it down for the masses. (I know I will have to practice my piloting skills!) No walking away from your screen for hours or 'training skills' while you are at work or sleeping. *cough* EVE *cough* It is twitch based combat and F2P with an in-game shop for convenience items. There will be elements for PVE, PVP and RP so pretty much covering the different ways most people like to play their games. 

You can rent hangers of differing sizes and levels and have to purchase hull insurance and ship repairs and upgrades with in game currency earned during play. Some pilot and ship customization will be in as well but the really cool thing is that currency Spammers will not be present! OMG that is sooo annoying! 

First PC Game: Pool of Radiance July 10th, 1990. First MMO: Everquest April 23, 1999

• screecwescreecwe Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Amazing video. It was like he was narrating my childhood.
  • Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    Originally posted by Stone_Fountain

No walking away from your screen for hours or 'training skills' while you are at work or sleeping. *cough* EVE *cough*

This is why i dont overly care for this game, and personally can't wait for the guy to walk away with your cash and see the tears...

The funny thing is this game is meant to be the downfall of eve, but the only people who think that are the SC guys, most of people and i do mean most 99.5% of eve population haven't even heard of the game, so how it will bring down a game without the player base of said game leaving is funny!. 

So please SC players go play your dime 'n' shine game, but dont think for one minute us eve players give a damn. And if your going to bash eve please do it after 10 years of game play and an ever increasing game play, not some silly idea by a guy who hit lucky with 1 game many years ago..

Thanks, your loving eve pilot!

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821
    Originally posted by Quazal.A
    Originally posted by Stone_Fountain

No walking away from your screen for hours or 'training skills' while you are at work or sleeping. *cough* EVE *cough*

This is why i dont overly care for this game, and personally can't wait for the guy to walk away with your cash and see the tears...

The funny thing is this game is meant to be the downfall of eve, but the only people who think that are the SC guys, most of people and i do mean most 99.5% of eve population haven't even heard of the game, so how it will bring down a game without the player base of said game leaving is funny!. 

So please SC players go play your dime 'n' shine game, but dont think for one minute us eve players give a damn. And if your going to bash eve please do it after 10 years of game play and an ever increasing game play, not some silly idea by a guy who hit lucky with 1 game many years ago..

Thanks, your loving eve pilot!

lol, Maybe... just maybe you should know just a little bit about Chris Roberts, Star Citizen and the SC Community before you make asinine statements like this. This is wrong on so many levels I don't even know where to begin.

First, most of the SC Community believes that EVE and SC can and will coexist as they are two completely different kinds of game. There are a few that think this will be an "EVE Killer" but they are a very small minority in the Community. This game is designed to give people that don't like EVE an alternative game to play and has no desire to "Kill EVE". Most that will play SC wouldn't play EVE in the first place.

Also Chris Roberts invented the Narrative Space Opera over a span of 6-7 very successful games across 2 separate IPs. He is not the one hit wonder you make him out to be. He is considered by many to be the father of the modern space sim. His career spans many years and two separate industries, both the games industry and the movie industry. He is making this game not because he needs money to feed his children... He is creating it because he sees a void in PC gaming that he as a PC gamer wants to fill. 20 Million dollars pretty much proves that a lot of people agree with him on this point.

Third, there are literally hundreds if not thousands of EVE vets already pledged to this game and growing by the day but because of the buy to play nature of Star Citizen this doesn't mean they are going to only play SC. They will most likely play and enjoy both games because they offer very different experiences and play styles.

Of course you care little for this game as you very obviously know very little about it, it's creator or it's community. Why don't you go over to RobertsSpaceIndustries.com and educate yourself... or are you that afraid you may like what you see there?

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• TyrianPrimeTyrianPrime Member UncommonPosts: 107

This video describes somewhat exactly my journey like most of the near 300000 that backed and hope for Star Citizen too.

Let's see how it materializes, but nevertheless the generations that are at, or near mine, will definitely be pleased by the result.

Fully supporting STAR CITIZEN by the Legendary Grandmaster of the Space Game Genre, Chris Roberts.For Captain Eisen's memory.....For Squadron 42...For the Space Genre....For the PC....I pledge!
    Star Citizen
    TOG Star Citizen-Join Us

• KwonKwon Member UncommonPosts: 56

They will have $80 of my hard earned cash very soon.  

• freejackmackfreejackmack Member Posts: 378

Well said my friend, well said.

• cnutempcnutemp Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Originally posted by Grahor

"Why would you believe him, even though you were disappointed by a thousand promises by previous developers? Because he grew up on the same movies as you! He seen starwars!"

Yeah, and nobody in the industry ever seen star wars before...

I should probably stop watching those videos or visiting forums. I'm just more and more disappointed in humanity with every such little thing...

the melodrama in this post makes me want to barf. 

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

Going to have to dust off the ol' flight stick and throttle for this one. O and upgrade like everything in my rig :). This game is looking to be amaaaaaazing, loved freelancer and have been waiting for a good flight/space game for a while now. Would of pledged if i wasn't worried I might not have the power for it.

• DarkOmegaDarkOmega Member Posts: 28

As an Eve player, I can safely say that if SC turns out just half as good as most SC fans think it'll be, I'll be hitting uninstall on Eve right off the bat.

The only reason Eve has done as good as it has is because it's the only one of it's kind. Don't get me wrong I've enjoyed playing Eve and will continue to do so until something else (SC) comes along and gives me the same kind of experience I get from Eve except better (imo).

• GoozinGoozin Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Love the video, my childhood in a nutshell! 

"Outside the dream world, life can be harsh--even cruel, but it is life"

• morbuskabismorbuskabis Member Posts: 290

Its really epic. Love the vid, it shows how a lot of ppl feel about this.

image -Massive-Industries- Heavy Duty

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    This was inspirational. Thanks for posting OP.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011