Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should i get a console ?

DETJI88DETJI88 Member Posts: 10

I most play PC games and never bough a console before.

But it seems like the PC game market is going down hard at the moment.

Is it time to start playing console game instead of PC ?

Any thoughts?

Comments

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

hell yes

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Originally posted by DETJI88

It's not.

But, if you have the disposable income and want to play console exclusives, then yes, go for it. Hell, I bought a PS3 just to be able to play Ni No Kuni (amazing game BTW). Especially now that the PS4/XBOne coming soon, prices are going to drop for PS3/XB360 games.

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

If you're a gamer you should own at least one console as well as your PC. Don't get caught up in PC elitist master race bullshit.

There's a lot of great games on consoles.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Any thoughts?

You purchase a console to have a different gaming experience from the PC (same happens with handhelds).

If you want to have that different experience (including console exclusive titles and gaming with friends that only use consoles) then yes, by all means get the console of your choice.

With that said, PC gaming is not going anywhere and it is definitelly not going down. New consoles are almost here so thats why you see console hype all over the place. Once they are out, everything goes back to normal.

I have a gaming PC, and i always buy consoles because i love them as well and its a totally different experience. Its your choice. And if you can afford both a gaming PC and a console, i say go for it.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

But we are the Master Race muhahahaha

If a console would let me play games with a keyboard and a mouse I'd be in.

I'll never buy an Xbox out of principle

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• ray12kray12k Member UncommonPosts: 487
    I hate the remote... its a deal breaker.
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by ray12k
    I hate the remote... its a deal breaker.

This.

Playing on my friends console feels like I'm playing with the handicapped kids. :)

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by immodium
    Originally posted by ray12k I hate the remote... its a deal breaker.
    This.

Playing on my friends console feels like I'm playing with the handicapped kids. :)

probably because they put you in the "tard" lobby for pc gamers with no hand-eye coordination.
  • ChoonjaeChoonjae Member Posts: 3

There are many different types of games in PC market, however i believe that the console also has lots of variety of games.

You might find out something that you never experienced before from playing console games.

There is no reason for you to play only PC games.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

If your so unsure that you have to a forum to have total stranger's talk you into buying one.

I would say no

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• It's pretty pointless to ask strangers what you should and shouldn't do.  We don't know much about you.  Consoles as a whole are something good to have, imo.  Lots of fun games to play.
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

Any thoughts?

No. But I can think of very few reasons not to own a console as well.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• hehecacahehecaca Member Posts: 2

I would say if you are looking for online games in most of times, PC games are better but for package games (single play),

I think console gaems have much better quality than PC games.

I have tried both but i like PC games better which is my personal taste i guess.

• daemondaemon Member UncommonPosts: 680
    yes.
  • FlyinDutchman87FlyinDutchman87 Member UncommonPosts: 336

Depends really.....

I havn't owned a console since X-Box and have never once regretted it. On the other hand there are a number of games that are console exclusives that I would have liked to play.... Just not enough to spend 200-400$.

With Consoles getting more expensive relative to PC's I can't see a reason to get one anymore.

When a super nintendo used to cost $150 bucks and a PC used to cost about $2000..... there was a market for consoles.

With PS4 and XONE launching at 500-600$ and a decent PC at 600-800$ the argument for Consoles loses a lot of fire. Especially as the gap between consoles and PC's get's smaller......

When your trying to sell me an X-box one because I can watch netflix on it.... Chat with my Friends... Download all my games digitally..... Upload screen shots to Facebook and Stream directly to Twitch.TV while playing. Your really telling me I can do everything my PC can do only worse and I have to pay you 500$(+15 a month)  for the privilege.