Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I think Race matters

So I am working on a Pugilist.

I couldn't decide on the race so I rolled a Roegadyn, and a Lalafell.

Got them both to level 15.

Both have the same armor, and both are in the same part of their quest line.

No buffs.

Hit points for each are as follows...

Roegadyn: 313   (vitality: 55)

Lalafell: 257        (vitality: 48)

A difference of 56 hit points is a pretty large gap at level 15. I would assume it continues to get worse the higher levels you go, but i'm not sure. I also wonder about the damage decrease of the Lalafell.

...maybe I'm reading too much into these numbers.

Comments

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    In character create it tell you ur races stats there all different, Even if you make the same race say Miq que or what their name the sun worshiper has different base stats than the moon one.
  • WhiteCrossWhiteCross Member Posts: 120
    Originally posted by sanshi44
    In character create it tell you ur races stats there all different, Even if you make the same race say Miq que or what their name the sun worshiper has different base stats than the moon one.

yea, I know this. I just didn't know it would make this big of an impact.

For the developers to state that race only makes a minor difference is misleading I think.

• TsuruTsuru Member UncommonPosts: 297
    When you hit level 50 and you have 2000 hp compared to 1950, then it doesnt matter.
  • TsuruTsuru Member UncommonPosts: 297
    The races doesnt gain different hp per vitality, they all gain the same, so the gap never changes. You will always be 7-8 base vitality away from the other race. thus 53 hp difference even at 50.
  • KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by Tsuru
    When you hit level 50 and you have 2000 hp compared to 1950, then it doesnt matter.

^This

• ShadowzanonShadowzanon Member UncommonPosts: 350

That difference you see when you create your char is all you will ever see as different when you hit 50 if you have 3 stat points on your race over another, guess what, that is all that will be different in between your race of choice and the other you are looking at.

You might be, well that highlander has 23 str vs that lalafell at 17 , 6 point difference, at lvl 50, that wont mean jack squat. So no race does not matter, unless you are a hardcore min maxer.