Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQN Landmark: Share what you will create?

Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401

I've been playing pen & paper roleplaying games for 30 years. (http://ironcrown.com/rolemaster/)

I believe, the most common scenario we've had for lvl 1 - 5 characters is a classic Orc cave that has some type of a evil mage boss (other race) deep inside. Also, of course there is a room with treasure (if you can find it) once the cave is cleared.

I'm not much of an Artist myself, but together with friends, this is what we will try and create.

How about you guys? What will you create?

Comments

• Electro057Electro057 Member UncommonPosts: 683

As Discussed Here:

I've already got plans for a great leisure/pleasure palace for all my debaucherous needs. Multiple floors, a nice room for satin and silk pillow mounds and lacy wafting curtains....a big ole hookah bong... ((Will have to improvise of course)) And a dungeon.... A grand hall with long tables and a Master's Throne....The works you know? Lots of luxury, perhaps even a library...Lots of shelves. That pleasure hall might even have a bit of a pool, or a lava pool in the middle. Still deciding on that. And a rather dark twisted garden.

P.S. Lots of shackles along the walls.

P.P.S. I was also thinking of doing something with skin suspension like in Ichi the Killer, some kinda high elevated tower with hooks for the skin dangling and nice open windows to look over the landscape. Like a big stone light house with no glass and more hooks and blood, possible a grate in the floor to let the ichor and humours flow down.....Could water the plants!

--Custom Rig: Pyraxis---
    NZXT Phantom 410 Case
    Intel Core i5-4690 Processor - Quad Core, 6MB Smart Cache, 3.5GHz
    Asus Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard
    Asus GeForce GTX 760 Video Card - 2GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0
    Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 16GB

• AngztAngzt Member Posts: 230
    Originally posted by Storm_Cloud

I've been playing pen & paper roleplaying games for 30 years. (http://ironcrown.com/rolemaster/)

I believe, the most common scenario we've had for lvl 1 - 5 characters is a classic Orc cave that has some type of a evil mage boss (other race) deep inside. Also, of course there is a room with treasure (if you can find it) once the cave is cleared.

I'm not much of an Artist myself, but together with friends, this is what we will try and create.

played rolemaster myself, and i didn't only create caves with orcs. we build maces, not caves =)

"believe me, mike.. i calculated the odds of this working against the odds that i was doing something incredibly stupid… and i did it anyway!"

Originally posted by angzt

played rolemaster myself, and i didn't only create caves with orcs. we build maces, not caves =)

How would that benefit...anything...I don't see how a battlemace benefits the party XD I mean every GM gives out weaponry in some form or another. 

Unless you meant mazes? 

NZXT Phantom 410 Case

• GrahorGrahor Member Posts: 828

I think the reality would be a little less fabulous than the dreams here... While instruments available in VoxelFarm are excellent, and developing they aren't exactly all-powerful.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

As discussed on Electro's link...I plan on making my forest...Im aiming for covering a whole continent  lol... STupidity on a epic scale  :)

Once I get the stupid out of me..>IDK...

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Originally posted by apocoluster

As discussed on Electro's link...I plan on making my forest...Im aiming for covering a whole continent  lol... STupidity on a epic scale  :)

LOL!

Well, a forest is a good base and with more ideas most likely popping up while you are making that forest, I'm sure cool stuff will be added.

Also, sorry for not doing a search... Didn't realize that there was a thread already...

Originally posted by apocoluster

LOL!

Well, a forest is a good base and with more ideas most likely popping up while you are making that forest, I'm sure cool stuff will be added.

Also, sorry for not doing a search... Didn't realize that there was a thread already...

It's fine, the thread is a few weeks old and thus phased out of importance really. Though I wanted you to see what other people had posted...And as ever I will make sure to take a majestic stroll through the cock forest and stroke the trees as if in a haze, perhaps even Pocahantus like? 

"Has a life, has a spirit, has a name...." 

NZXT Phantom 410 Case

• donpopukidonpopuki Member Posts: 591
    I'm still planning on building that tower, no matter how long it takes me. Hopefully I can get it done before EQN launches.

Yes we can be neighbors ;)
  • JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488

I'm so excited for this title! Well now I have imagined what i wish to create. I wish to create a lovely homestead, but I want my house to be crooked and sorta run down. Cause well I want it to look run down and something that perhaps Witchy Poo would want to live in.

I would love to be able to add some kind of orchid and perhaps a lovely vegetable patch ( Pumpkins especially ) I want LOTS of green lush foliage and trees. But not just any trees. I want old Oak trees an entire grove of them . I would love to be able to add some baby farm animals such as Lambs and perhaps some hens and a few goats. And then I want to be able to grow perhaps a field of lavenders. I absolutely adore the smell of lavenders growing, like when you brush past them.  My homestead will be really lovely. I don't even know if I can or will be able to add such things though. but yeah that's what I wanna do with my little part of the world !

Oh and last but not least  a little pond with some fishes :) Hopefully our avatars will be able to sit and interact with benches and stools etc.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

My plan is to build a ruined castle on a top of a cliff, with some caverns below. Depending on the freedom of movement I'll try to make it into a "jumping puzzle" (i.e. you start from a cavern below and climb all the way up to the towertop) but what I've seen in videos so far it looks like climbing and jumping to silly heights will be trivial, so making it into a puzzle might not be viable.

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Im gonna build a mage dojo tower where my ogre monk wizard can hone his skills. Big library for stone carved texts, bodybuilding machines made of bones and a little stable for my donkey.
  • dandurindandurin Member UncommonPosts: 498
    Originally posted by tom_gore

My plan is to build a ruined castle on a top of a cliff, with some caverns below. Depending on the freedom of movement I'll try to make it into a "jumping puzzle" (i.e. you start from a cavern below and climb all the way up to the towertop) but what I've seen in videos so far it looks like climbing and jumping to silly heights will be trivial, so making it into a puzzle might not be viable.

Hopefully "Boots of the Zephyr" are a hard item to obtain. :D

In the parkour videos I don't recall seeing people jump very far up though, more like long broad jumps.

• dandurindandurin Member UncommonPosts: 498
    Originally posted by Grahor

I think the reality would be a little less fabulous than the dreams here... While instruments available in VoxelFarm are excellent, and developing they aren't exactly all-powerful.

Why do you say this?

I mean, folks will defintely need access to Player Studio props and what-not to do ornaments like chains, hooks and the like, but the Voxel Farm toolset seems like a perfect foundation for creating towers, mazes, pits etc.

SOE has already demoed lava tiling as well.

I mean, if you're saying it's not EQ2 Dungeon Maker, that might be true.  No idea if we'll be allowed to place monsters.