Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any good movies out there?

I haven't been to the theater for about more than a year now..

Yea..too much gaming on weekends..

So decided to go out on this weekend and enjoy some social life..

Any good move to recommend?

Oh I'm going out with my friends.

Comments

• kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717

Good movies are few and far between.  It seems that Hollywood has lost its creativity, they keep rolling out remakes and sequels.  Instead of seeing acting you get explosions, and sex. 

• UristMcDwarfUristMcDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Originally posted by kb4blu

Good movies are few and far between.  It seems that Hollywood has lost its creativity, they keep rolling out remakes and sequels.  Instead of seeing acting you get explosions, and sex. 

Don't kid yourself, Hollywood wasn't that original to begin with! Though I don't really mind sequels and remakes.  image I'll take a good movie over an original movie any day. Besides, it only looks grim now because of our rose tinted glasses.. that is to say we only remember the good when looking into the past.

That said it doesn't look like there's any must-see movies out right now. But if you want to wait a week then Gravity is supposed to be really good.

Currently Playing:
    nothing :(

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    (someone's name)'s The Butler
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • Now we wait for some hipster to go in and dismiss every single Hollywood movie made in this decade.

The new Star Trek is good imo

• hehecacahehecaca Member Posts: 2

I don't think there is any good movie that worths for you to go to the theater to watch.

Unless you are going out for a date, I don't think it's worth to go to the threater for movie when there is no good movies out there.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

I think we need to know what you consider a good movie?

Honostly I seldom go to the movies for a good movie, I go there to be entertained. Action and Sci Fi do the trick for me. Everything else is much better enjoyed at home with friends or just the wife. I don't need to drama on the big screen unless it's drama with lots of visual eye candy. I want action on the big screen. I want a visual experiance when I looking at a screen bigger then my own 55"

Looking forward to Gravity ( Gravity - Official Main Trailer [2K HD]) which is part drama but visualy it's something I want to experiance hopefully Imax 3d. To me those type of movies are worth going to the cinema for.

• jesadjesad Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Don't know if you ever found any good movies but the "Misfits" are on Hulu, all five seasons, and that would probably make a good night of fajitas, beer, and TV for some group of people.