Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To Devs: Inspirational Wh40k art that can help you shape the game

I have found all of this Warhammer 40k art all over the internet, and i posted it here so you the Devs could look at it , for:

- inspiration for the art style, and for possible looks of armors of the playable characters

- sense of proportions and size of Space Marines, Chaos Marines, Eldar, Orks.

- cool armors that could be in game, and starting point of creating your own unique armors for the game based on this pictures that would have their own unique look.

- looking at this pictures to get the feel for the universe, using them for promotion of the game ,scaring children (o how would i like to see you (Developers) put some of this pictures on big screen at some gaming convention ,and to see people faces as they see to these cool and dreadful characters)

- visual difference between Marines Chapters and Chaos Legions as for their armors style and faces. (Orks and Eldars are mostly all the same except for paint job of armors, and other small differences).

Now there are some artwork of Space Marines Chapters and Chaos Legions that will not be in the game , but if you think to add different Chapters and Legions down the line, this pictures are a good start.

You can still look at these different Chapters and Legions to get some ideas on different Power Armors, and unique pieces that could be used to create difference between players of same factions ,chapters/legions.

Ofc every Chapter/Legion have its own visual style, and as you progress more and more, you will have more and more unique looks in comparisons to other Chapters/Legions.

So look at this ones and let them inspire you.

I will write for each picture who is on there and from what chapter/legion so you dont get confused.

Space Marines - Salamanders

Space Marines - Space Wolfs

Space Marines - Ultramarines

Space Marines - Ulatramarines

Space Marines - Ulatramarines

Space Marines - Fan made chapter (non cannon)

Space Marines - Blood Angels

Space Marines - Dark Angels

Space Marines - Blood Angels (Sanguine guards)

Space Marines - Taurens (Chapter Master on picture)

Space Marines - Dark Angels

Space Marines - Space Wolfs (Leman Russ - primarch in front)

Chaos Space Marine - cant tell which one

Eldar - Howling Banshee vs Dark Eldar Witch

Orks - Mega armor Nob

Chaos Space Marine - don know which legion ( could be World Eaters)

Chaos Space Marines - Irons Warriors

Space Marines - Iron Hands (plz add them as 5 chapter ,they have a lot of cybernetics and they are cool and badass)

Chaos Space Marines - Irons Warriors

Chaos Space Marine - Khorne Berzerker ( World Eaters)

Chaos Space Marine - Black Legion

Eldar - Guardian

Chaos Space Marines - Thousand Sons

Chaos Space Marine - Ahriman of the Thousand Sons (Chaos Sorcerer)

Chaos Space Marine - Emperors Children (you see how big Space Marines / Chaos Marines are) 2.5m here i think

Chaos Space Marine - Khorne Berzerker (ONE MORE SKULL FOR THE SKULL THRONE!!!!)

Tyranids -  Lictor

Space Marines - Space Wolfs

Space Marines - legion of the Damned (Cursed Chapter, these Marines are much more powerful than any other chapter of Space Marines, except of Grey Knights)

Space Marines - dont know which chapter

Eldar - Farseer

Space marines - Legion of the Damned

Chaos Space Marine - Chaos Lord of Tzeentch

Chaos Space Marine - Kharn the Betrayer (World Eaters) - Champion of the Blood God

Comments

• RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628

Wow I love looking at Wh40k imagery and there are quite a few here I haven't seen!!! Thanks for posting!

I also highly recommend:

http://www.desura.com/groups/warhammer-40k-fans-group/images

They frequently post art there and I check it daily!

So far from what I've seen of the WH40k concept art from the presentation I think we're in good hands :)

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.
  • windbringerwindbringer Member Posts: 16

Oddly i have seen all of the art you posted good find all the same:-)

- visual difference between Marines Chapters and Chaos Legions as for their armors style and faces. (Orks and Eldars are mostly all the same except for paint job of armors, and other small differences).

Orks and Eldar have just as many differences between the klanz and craftworld as space marines have betweem chapters in some cases more.

Starting with the orks as we know what klanz will be in eternal crusade.

:evil sunz: favor red and sunburst color for there armour and are dressed as bikers orkey bikers.

:bad moonz are the most flamboyant and wear the best and flashiest cloths and armour here is a pic of some bad moonz orks they also have the most mega armour and have the best armour and weapons an ork can get.Bad Moons Appearance

:death skullz wear patched together(even more so then other orks)cloths and armour and use blue body paint as well as cover themselves with pendents and the bones of there enemas here is a pic of death skull orks  Death Skulls Updated

:goffs wear all black and black and white checker pattern cloths and armour as well as they wear more armour then the other klans here is a pic of goff orkz

Goffs Updated Appearance

There is also a lot of differences between the eldar craftworld and aspect shrines but i will get to that in another post  as this site is messing up because of the pics i added:-(

The mind of the Farseer is utterly inhuman in its depth and complexity. Without mercy or moral feeling, his consciousness stands upon the edge of spiritual destruction. That he does not fall must be a result of constraints and balances that only an Eldar could understand. To a mere Human it is yet another reminder that we are but children in comparison to that ancient and powerful race.

• StMichaelStMichael Member Posts: 183

How do you post that many 40k pictures and NOT include the Black Templars!? I hereby declare the Badassimus Crusade effective immediately!

• PolicenautPolicenaut Member Posts: 21

• OdolusasOdolusas Member Posts: 30

Very nice, i like the additional pictures the people posted especially the Eldar.

Hope more people post some awesome pictures, and the Devs are looking at them for inspiration.

Post more if you find any here.

• irpugbossirpugboss Member UncommonPosts: 427

Let us not forget the green murder machines known as Orks

• Valrak40kValrak40k Member UncommonPosts: 77

Don't forget Chapter Master Valkr, leader of Vigilia Mortis.

(Piece of art I had made for me)

• StMichaelStMichael Member Posts: 183

Well, if we're on to Orkz now, then ...

• windbringerwindbringer Member Posts: 16

This thread now has an acceptable amount of Eldar.

(This is the third time i have tried to post it:-( this site is evil sometimes)

Seers.

imageimageimageimageimageimageFile:Eldarlarge.jpgimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Phoenix lords.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Autarchs.

imageimageimageimageimageimage

Eldar troops.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Wraith units.

imageimageimageimage

Eldar tanks.

imageimageimage

Eldar other.

imageimageimageimageimage

Eldar drawings from jes goodwin.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

The mind of the Farseer is utterly inhuman in its depth and complexity. Without mercy or moral feeling, his consciousness stands upon the edge of spiritual destruction. That he does not fall must be a result of constraints and balances that only an Eldar could understand. To a mere Human it is yet another reminder that we are but children in comparison to that ancient and powerful race.

• SavijSavij Member Posts: 341
    this forum needs spoilerbars Oo

be always up to date about Eternal Crusade
    WH40k:EC dev Tracker

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337
    EternalCrusader.com Savij

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466

Just imagine a convenient alliance between Space marines and Eldar.

Game over man! game over!

• RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628
    Wow that was one huge Eldar dump!

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.
  • AcontiAconti Member Posts: 20
    I love all the artwork, especially the diversity! The artwork was what got me first interested in WH40k. Great find.
  • PolicenautPolicenaut Member Posts: 21
    That artwork of the titans gives me such a boner. Games Workshop needs to contract out someone to make a titan game.