Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is so special about GTA San Andres???

I have some friends who still plays GTA San Andres..

I really don't understand because the graphic is old and GTA 5 is already out now..

I am not a huge fan of GTA serious because i only played version 3..

But I also have seen my friend playing the game at my place...I don't see anything special..that attracts people ..

GTA 4 has much better graphic and 5 is just amazing game..

Does anyone know why would people still play this game?

Comments

• bubbabillbubbabill Member Posts: 80
    graphics aren't everything.  game play to me makes or breaks a game.  San Andres was a fun version of this game cause of the rpg feel of it.  
  • DETJI88DETJI88 Member Posts: 10

What RPG part?

Is there a RPG part in GTA series?

The only part you can stack like a level in MMO games is just money.

And this can also be cheated with the trailor.

I agree that graphics doesn't everything but honestly, I played GTA San Andres for couple hours and got bored after.

You are just repeating the same thing over and over.

However, I am little excited about GTA 5 because it seems like there are lots of things to do.

• KrashnerKrashner Member Posts: 137
    Originally posted by DETJI88

You are just repeating the same thing over and over.

You just described 95% of games and 100% of MMOs...unfortunately.

• EdinZeko84EdinZeko84 Member Posts: 8

Everyone has different taste..

If you don't like the game, just go find different game and that is it.

And if the game is well-know and lots of people are saying that it's good, there must be a reason.

• Gildong2Gildong2 Member Posts: 5

I seriously recommend you to play GTA San Andres again..

It is a great game and i like it better than GTA 3 or 4 personally.

If you think i have a bad taste , that is fine but you only played this game for couple hours so

I don't think you should be talking about this game at all.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by whitesky0714

I have some friends who still plays GTA San Andres..

I really don't understand

Does anyone know why would people still play this game?

Maybe it'd be even harder to believe, but there are folks who still playing Vice City too :)  (love the '80s...)

As for San AndreAs, it brought many new stuff into the series, like planes (which was erased from IV), bicycles (Mount Chiliad ftw), ingame arcades and gambling, etc. Then there were the rpg-ish elements like the stat system, the relations, the consumables and the weight system (a fatso on a bmx... not a bright idea for escaping the cops), not to mention that after a good meal you could always have a nice hot coffe as well ;)

It had some bad parts, like the gang war, the lame low-rider pumping or the massif focus on ghetto / ganxta feeling, so beside those few the other radios were crap. However the thorn in my side was that I couldn't make it to 100%...  :) (that 1 frakking race in San Fierro, I'm sure the game is cheating at the end)

I guess those are a few reasons for "why would people still play this game". I like IV's choices in the storyline and the multiple ending better than CJ's rising up and revenge, but I still play SA occasionally, like your friends.

• ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Originally posted by DETJI88

What RPG part?

Is there a RPG part in GTA series?

The only part you can stack like a level in MMO games is just money.

Um... In GTA you could fully customize CJ you could gain weight lose weight, gain muscle lose muscle, train every individual skill until you totally maxed it out. At the beginning all of your stats were crap and you had to actually take the time to get better at anything, so yes I would say San Andreas definitely had a lot of RPG in it.