Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is World of Darkness dead?

AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152

When I try to access the forums here, I get a blank, not locked up or anything, just blank

Does this mean what I think it means???

I cant find any news on the internet about CCP shutting this project down.

Anybody know what's going on?

Comments

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    Well it is about Vampires, so technically.....

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    It has been put on hold.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Ccp was shouting wod from the rooftops...

Then they had backlash from their newsletter
    Then the 70 dollar monocle
    Then they spent a big chunk of their money making a ps3 exclusive fps (derp)

So yeah they had to pull back a bit on wod. Sheepishly methinks heh.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Wait wait wait, what backlash from their newsletter? No sarcasm I really haven't heard about that.

• GhabboGhabbo Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Originally posted by Panther2103

Wait wait wait, what backlash from their newsletter? No sarcasm I really haven't heard about that.

You'll find the whole story here http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/06/26/eve-evolved-the-day-that-eve-online-died/

Though I think he's referring to this one in particular http://evenews24.com/2011/06/25/ccp-hilmar-global-email-shows-the-reasoning-behind-ccp-zulu-devblog/ and its priceless "...this is one of the moments where we look at what our players do and less of what they say..."

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195
    Was wondering the same thing . With Dust whatever done and Valkyrie being worked on and in the "news" I was thinking "what about World of Darkness MMO?". How much longer do they even have on the license?..seems like they're just going to let it run out without much fanfare. Then some scrub studio will pick it up and make another run-of-the-mill f2p pos.
  • YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

CCP showed their first videos of WoD duriing fanfest earlier this year, but they don't make alot of fuss about it like most of the other developers.

CCP was never known to announce alot of stuff about their things in development until they actually got something to show to the public, so calm down and wait for CCP to pull the curtain when they've finally got something new.

You can expect CCP to start advertising and making fuss about WoD to a bigger audience, when they're entering the beta-phase, but until then they won't tell alot about WoD, but only some general stuff like back in May after fanfest.

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859

WoD has a small crew working on the basics by end of the financial year they wil be going into full production, game play was released at FanFest and no video's were alowed of the game

Everything was hush-hush, CCP want nothing escaping until they are reading, search youtube for the fanfest WoD 

see my link for the film.

it is in progress, but dont expect anything even Alpha until about 2016 ish

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152
    Originally posted by Ghabbo
    Originally posted by Panther2103

You'll find the whole story here http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/06/26/eve-evolved-the-day-that-eve-online-died/

Though I think he's referring to this one in particular http://evenews24.com/2011/06/25/ccp-hilmar-global-email-shows-the-reasoning-behind-ccp-zulu-devblog/ and its priceless "...this is one of the moments where we look at what our players do and less of what they say..."

I didn't know about the backlash either, thanks for the links

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152
    Originally posted by BarCrow
    Was wondering the same thing . With Dust whatever done and Valkyrie being worked on and in the "news" I was thinking "what about World of Darkness MMO?". How much longer do they even have on the license?..seems like they're just going to let it run out without much fanfare. Then some scrub studio will pick it up and make another run-of-the-mill f2p pos.

This is exactly what I was thinking, sure hope I'm wrong

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    How much longer do they even have on the license?

Since they own it, I'd say forever.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Originally posted by Quazal.A

WoD has a small crew working on the basics by end of the financial year they wil be going into full production, game play was released at FanFest and no video's were alowed of the game

Everything was hush-hush, CCP want nothing escaping until they are reading, search youtube for the fanfest WoD 

Thanks for this. What they have in mind seems good. Encouraging. Can't freaking wait.

Originally posted by Loktofeit
    How much longer do they even have on the license?

Since they own it, I'd say forever.

Ouch! Touché. I had completely forgotten that they acquired Whitewolf. Doh!

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Thanks for this. What they have in mind seems good. Encouraging. Can't freaking wait.

Encouraging? 3 years (till 2016) is an eternity in gaming. Many things can happen between now and then.

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

Encouraging? 3 years (till 2016) is an eternity in gaming. Many things can happen between now and then.

agreed, but given i think the first rumour of this game was about 2010/2011 its already been 2-3 yrs, all we can hope is tht the game reflects the time taken. 

As someone said earlier in the post the fact htey bought whitewolf, there is not a reason for them not to make the game, otherwise what would of been point :)

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

agreed, but given i think the first rumour of this game was about 2010/2011 its already been 2-3 yrs, all we can hope is tht the game reflects the time taken. 

As someone said earlier in the post the fact htey bought whitewolf, there is not a reason for them not to make the game, otherwise what would of been point :)

There are many reasons not to make the game. The market changes. They ran out of development funds. They want to spend resources in other games.

Businesses change. They would not be the first one who abandons a game, if they do.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Originally posted by Hokie
    Well it is about Vampires, so technically.....

Thats strike one right there......

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

They ran out of development funds. They want to spend resources in other games.

They planned to use Eve Online as their cash cow for the Vampire game and introduced some in-store vanity items that were a sheer rip-off and players had reasons for suspicion (leaked memos, emails, quotes) that they might extend this to items that could affect gameplay.  Eve Online players went nuts and borked the ingame economy by interdicting trading hubs and attempted lots more ingame shenanigans, to the extent that, at that time, WoD was put on a back-burner.  (I don't know what the current status of WoD is)

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    Originally posted by Adalwulff

When I try to access the forums here, I get a blank, not locked up or anything, just blank

Does this mean what I think it means???

I cant find any news on the internet about CCP shutting this project down.

Anybody know what's going on?

It's undead, undead, undead

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

I'm sure it will be fine.

I say good on them for not giving us more info. All that would have done is whet the appetites of the "gamer masses" until they worked themselves into a frenzy.

There would be crying on forums, demands, threats that they would not even purchase the game because of how long it was taking and then when they announced changes to their original design it would be "World War Z".

Over the years reading forums I have come to the conclusion that companies should just not talk about their games until they are ready to launch within a year or two.

It's just too much trouble.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Not going to lie. I had a bo*er thru that whole video.

That is until he didnt show the ingame video. Biggest c**kblock ever!

So a question for you Quazal. Were you there? And if so, was that video that I didnt see as awesome as I think it was?

I dont need details, I really do respect CCP and the fact they want to keep it underwraps.

Im just curious if you, if you seen it, if you were blown away with the potential of what we may get 4-5 years down the road?

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• KempestKempest Member Posts: 10

i really look forward to this game but i dont know why they are so quiet

even at the vampire live conventions :(

• Dward127Dward127 Member Posts: 46
    they will announce shortly that they have canceled this game maybe at the next evefest.
  • radagast777radagast777 Member Posts: 80

No it still in development but they are remaining quiet in order to avoid a situation where they announce things too soon and cannot keep people interested in the game over too long of a wait. 

Refer to these articles from last week, there was a recent interview and financial meeting for CCP games.

http://www.tentonhammer.com/wod/exclusive-interview-with-david-reid

and according to this they are increasing development even more.

http://newsbynight.net/2013/10/31/world-darkness-mmorpg-development-increase/

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

I dont know how anyone can take this game development serious. They worked on it for 4 years and all they had to show was one character walking animation, and one room.

And  than they said they are cutting the team down.

So basically 2 people were working on it, now its only 1.

Even if the game still exist, I wouldnt count on release before 2018