Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why aren't more people talking about this game?

NotimeforbsNotimeforbs Member CommonPosts: 346

Alright so... I have to admit - I know next to nothing about this game other than the fact that the gameplay footage looks friggin' rad as hell.  So, my main question is: Why aren't more people stoked for this game?  Am I missing something here?

I mean, it seems like an MMO with an Action combat system (no more Hotbars!) like God of War or something like that.  This is exactly what this genre needed.  Then again, maybe there is the same old same old going on, and all the videos I've seen just have the UI turned off?  I don't know.

So far, the only thing that I've seen that seems to be a negative is that all the videos have the same characters in them.  Is this one of those games where all the "classes" you play, are really just premade characters with zero customization to them?  Like, if you want to play a berserker barbarian or something, you play as that one dude.  You don't change anything about what he looks like, and there is no female option?

If that's the case... then yeah... that blows... big time.  But even still... the rest of the game looks pretty good.  If there is some secret that I don't know about that makes this game actually less appealing than what it appears to be, please let me know.

Comments

• MawneeMawnee Member UncommonPosts: 245
    I think that is exactly the reason noone is talking about it. We don't know anything yet. What I have seen definetly has me interested. But for now I have to find other things to do until they release some info.
  • ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150

Or this:

DAUM Korea:  maybe some folks are tired of asian grinders with cash shops?

• NotimeforbsNotimeforbs Member CommonPosts: 346
    Originally posted by Comaf

Or this:

DAUM Korea:  maybe some folks are tired of asian grinders with cash shops?

I think so too.  I know I am.  However, even though we have no reason to expect this will be any different... it's still a little too early to say whether or not this will be an Asian Cash Shop Grinder.  Not that I am expecting it not to be... but like is already stated... we have no idea.

All I know is this: the videos look pretty good.

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

I literally only saw the gameplay trailer and would REALLY like to know more about this game.

It does NOT mean that I REALLY want to BUY the game yet. I just am extremely interested to see what the hell they plan to do with it.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940
    what is there to talk about ? Tera 2.0 
  • KirexyKirexy Member Posts: 21

I remember they said somewhere they don't want to reveal too much when the product is in an unfinished state. The trailers are merely there because the publishers want them to do them. In fact, the first trailer was created about a half-year before they had initially planned to even reveal the game to the public.

That being said, it just seems like Black Desert dont want to draw the big attention towards them at the moment. They want to get on the main stage when their product is polished. Not on the main stage with a half-done product.

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571

I was interestedin the game until i found out no healers will be in the game. I dont know where the anti healer hate has been steming from lately but I was ddisappointed because there are a lot of really cool features in the game, but I love playing the healer role.

• JIUBHUNNY420JIUBHUNNY420 Member Posts: 131
    Originally posted by faxnadu
    what is there to talk about ? Tera 2.0 

You show me one picture where this game looks anything like TERA? Graphically its far superior, not even mechanically, but just aesthetically. 

J-Hun Lookin to Creep Yall!

• DrakephireDrakephire Member UncommonPosts: 451

What's to talk about? The graphics? I've learned long ago not to judge a game on its graphics. Usually all fluff and no substance.

Not to mention, the realistic landscapes don't mesh with the cartoony animations and particle effects.  Simply not a consistent style.

• NagelRitterNagelRitter Member Posts: 607

Well, for one, to me, it looks terrible.

I don't think fiddling with the combat system is what this genre needs.

The genre needs more MMO gameplay, more group gameplay, and more sandboxy gameplay. Anything else is secondary.

Favorite MMO: Vanilla WoW
    Currently playing: GW2, EVE
    Excited for: Wildstar, maybe?

• KirexyKirexy Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by NagelRitter

Well, for one, to me, it looks terrible.

I don't think fiddling with the combat system is what this genre needs.

The genre needs more MMO gameplay, more group gameplay, and more sandboxy gameplay. Anything else is secondary.

Who said none of that would exist in BDO?

• sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697

1. It looks like a Korean P2W game.

2. It doesn't yet have a release date and looking at Arch Age development cycle, we will only see this game in US/EU around 2025.

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

Three major reasons: Number one is due to it being published by DAUM. The second reason is that beta got pushed back from Summer all the way till late Fall for South Korea. And the third reason is the "waiting game." If you look at past MMO trends/history from South Korean games, it typically takes anywhere from 1-2 years for games to hit our shores.

So for example, if this game is released first quarter 2014 in South Korea, then there is a very very good chance that the game won't come out here till first quarter 2015-2016. Since it so far away, people just put the game in the back burner. It will ramp up once we get a Western publisher announced. Expect this to happen to every single Korean game till the end of time, unless a Korean company does what Square Enix is doing and releasing the game worldwide at the same time.

That takes a huge amount of money and resources. I'm not sure if any South Korean company has the money or the resources to do so... or if they are willing to take the risk.

• AtanosAtanos Member Posts: 20
    Becouse it's supposed to be released in the west in 2015-16, so is a bit early to get overexited about these.
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

When they release it in Asia there is a good chanse we still need to wait a year to see their product in the EU or US.
    Just look at ArcheAge....by the time it comes out people just got tired of waiting for it.

No idea if BD is getting a world release so i can be wrong tough, but mostly you need to wait such a long time that you lost interest.

is there any news about ArcheAge release date yet btw oO ?

• Maybe some folks (like me) don't read hype or invest time in waiting for games to come out. I take them as I find them and let the gameplay sell me on the game. Not the hype.
  • alyosha17alyosha17 Member Posts: 156
    Originally posted by jeddak
    Maybe some folks (like me) don't read hype or invest time in waiting for games to come out. I take them as I find them and let the gameplay sell me on the game. Not the hype.

thanks for the autobiography.

Back to the topic, I think this game is gaining traction despite originally not having very much hype even though it had two more trailers than a game like Everquest Next which had a level of hype which was not at all commensurate with what people knew about that game.  But there are things which hold BD back, which is the fact that it's Korean and there is no guarantee of western publication anytime soon & also the fact that there is some degree of class/gender/race lock in the game which many people aren't comfortable with.

Black Desert is now 2nd on the hype meter at MMORPG, so I think people are starting to pay attention.  Hopefully it doesn't dissipate due to delayed localisation (see Archeage).

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    because it's like 2 years away..
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by sudo

2. It doesn't yet have a release date and looking at Arch Age development cycle, we will only see this game in US/EU around 2025.

Better than an American p2p then f2p WoW clone.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by sudo

Better than an American p2p then f2p WoW clone.

Not really.  

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

The problem is that EVERY single game is just delivering the exact same game with a different face.Players need more than fresh art work,they need more than generic systems and cheap gimmicks.

Every single game has followed an identical game design full of yellow markers,instances,meaningless quests for xp,game design pointed at levels ant not aging.

So until Black Desert can prove that it is offering a game outside the cheap designs we have seen far too often,it will be considered just another game.I NEED to see detail on systems,crafting and how players will live out their life in the game.

I am still stuck playing FFXI,i wish to get out and experience a grander game but none exist.Every developer is just churning out more of the same old ,yellow markers,meaningless quests to aid speed leveling,instances almost nothing that would resemble a realistic game world.

If a game is going to give me more of the same,then i will just keep playing FFXI.

I could make a super easy list to expand and make games MUCH better and with little effort,so shows how little effort developers are actually putting into their game design.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• moraelinmoraelin Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Because the Asian MMO market has become so closed fisted about sending their games to NA that we'll probably never see it. Just like ArchAge and Blade and Soul. In the 90s they didn't used to be that way and it seemed like a new Korea based game came out every week. Not anymore.
  • ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810
    Because the only info we have video or screenshots of is the graphics.  The graphics are pretty, but lets get some other info & a timeline for a NA release.
  • free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

I'm glad nobody is talking about it. It isn't creating any stigma about a game that is still in development.