Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ork Classes Revealed

The Ork Classes have been revealed with the latest newsletter and concept art.

-Meganob

-Mek

-Stormboy

-Loota

Comments

• BeerSamuraiBeerSamurai Member Posts: 69

Yeah that confuses me.  A meganob is essentially an Ork Terminator with a tendency to fall down alot.  

That and that the Ork Support class seems a bit off.  Space Marine support is the Apothecary, a healer sort of...and well a mekboy is...only a healer if your driving a truck.

Dreah I'm yunk, wazzit matter to you?

• WolfHaartWolfHaart Member UncommonPosts: 216
    Originally posted by BeerSamurai

Yeah that confuses me.  A meganob is essentially an Ork Terminator with a tendency to fall down alot.  

That and that the Ork Support class seems a bit off.  Space Marine support is the Apothecary, a healer sort of...and well a mekboy is...only a healer if your driving a truck.

True...

But, a Mekboy & a painboy together makes wonders. Like Cyborks and Deffdreads. As you need the Mekboy for the mek-parts. -hehe-

But its true, no Painboy for heals... Maybe they suggest that the orks natural healing abilities work for itself. Maybe the Orks have a high Regen to compensate?

Edit: Also, dont just base classes on the picture. They are just a concept to show off the Orks. Theres high hopes that there are alot more then the picture shows.

• grigdushergrigdusher Member UncommonPosts: 139
    class aren't specular and aren't only 4 each race.

war 40K Eternal Crusade: refferal 4$ bonus: EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I http://www.eternalcrusade.com/account/sign-up/?ref_code=EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I

• SavijSavij Member Posts: 341
    That cant be all cause there is no simple orkboy

And for the spacemarines There is no tactical? Cant be!

be always up to date about Eternal Crusade
    WH40k:EC dev Tracker

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337
    EternalCrusader.com Savij

That cant be all cause there is no simple orkboy

And for the spacemarines There is no tactical? Cant be!

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337

• BeerSamuraiBeerSamurai Member Posts: 69

I'm just hoping there is something as a buffer between the Meganob and the rest of da orks.

Like regular nobs or something.  I mean giving us meganobs right at the start is just spoiling ork players.

Dreah I'm yunk, wazzit matter to you?

• AbisbowaAbisbowa Member UncommonPosts: 91

I'm just going by what was posted on the Eternal Crusade site...

They also said in the newsletter that the class list was not exhaustive, meaning they will probably fill out the roster a bit more.

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219
    Originally posted by MumboJumbo
    Which one is the F2P Ork?

non of this i think

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337

• siomasmsiomasm Member Posts: 10

I assume free ork is just going to be a slugga boy. Choppah (Big knife/axe) and slugga (approximately a pistol) making them dangerous in close combat, or firing sluggas in large numbers, but otherwise too inaccurate to be dangerous otherwise.

• GitzStompaGitzStompa Member Posts: 54
    Originally posted by siomasm

I assume free ork is just going to be a slugga boy. Choppah (Big knife/axe) and slugga (approximately a pistol) making them dangerous in close combat, or firing sluggas in large numbers, but otherwise too inaccurate to be dangerous otherwise.

I think so too. But remember, ork boyz aren't just limited to melee combat. Actually, ork boyz might be one of the most versatile classes out there which makes them an excellent free to play race. If you compare an ork boy to a guardsmen of the Imperium, you can definately say that they don't have as many options available to them as the ork boyz. They can use shootas,rokkit launchers,choppas,stikkbombz,sluggas,burnaz and big shootas. They can also strap themselves to rokkits (I think we can see a ork Goff stormboy in the picture, doesn't look like a nob if you look at his size). To be honest, if ork boyz are unly limited to choppas and sluggas that takes out a whole bunch of possibilities.

But yea, I can't wait to see what ork boyz are actually capable of. Kamikaze runners with stikkbombs and hordes of boyz using shootas and unleashing a barrage of inaccurate bullets.

• siomasmsiomasm Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by GitzStompa
    Originally posted by siomasm

-snip-

-snip-

But yea, I can't wait to see what ork boyz are actually capable of. Kamikaze runners with stikkbombs and hordes of boyz using shootas and unleashing a barrage of inaccurate bullets.

Eh, basically you just described how they can advance. Many of those types of boyz have their own names. Strapping on a rokkit makes em storm boyz. Using a gun makes em a shoota boy, and big guns make them lootaz. In theory, yeah Orkz are the most versitile in their advancement considering it all really comes down to what kind of tech they can get their hands on and what they feel an affinity towards (or are programmed to :P).

Guardsmen are still pretty versitile. But yeah their advancement and usage is based strictly on the decisions of their superiors and current equipment, but they also vary based on their background. Those from plainsworlds are often rough riders, cavalry with explosive tipped lances (that count as power weapons!) while catachans tend to be excellent guerilla fighters with close range weapons, grenades and their catachan fangs (knives).

Alternatively vostroyan (SP) units often have far more armor with them, and tend to have some of the best gear due to their ties with the mechanicus.

So at any rate, both can be pretty versitile in their own way, but Orkz are of course far more so considering a slugga boy can become basically anything.

• irpugbossirpugboss Member UncommonPosts: 427

Maybe its a clever strategy by exluding an infantry healing class (by lore at least) making ork players either more aggressive since they can't loom near healers and go for that rush since they are wounded anyway and can't heal too well lol.

My actual guess is that healing isn't going to be a big thing in any of the factions, even apothecaries in lore aren't truly healers 

"An Apothecary's role in battle is to recover the gene-seed from slainAstartes and to tend to the wounded and maimed. " 

they are there to pretty much reclaim as many geneseeds as they can, even if they rip it out of still dying marines since it is the future of the chapter at stake.

I hope they don't have healing like in BF3, or PS2, I hope its more like they can pick you up if you are downed but it leaves you with a decreasing amount of health until you are not longer "rezzable". This way we can avoid cheesy rezzing lines and get people more aggressive with fighting since they can't heal anyways unless they are killed.

Maybe at best add combat stim form of equipment that gives fairly long HP boosts and other stat boosts. If your stim is not renewed then you just drop dead due to negative HP to represent you are a dead man just fighting on through a mix of chemicals, and will power lol.

So for Orks, the only healing they need is in the form of more dakka or choppin.

• BatpimpBatpimp Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Originally posted by krage

Maybe its a clever strategy by exluding an infantry healing class (by lore at least) making ork players either more aggressive since they can't loom near healers and go for that rush since they are wounded anyway and can't heal too well lol.

My actual guess is that healing isn't going to be a big thing in any of the factions, even apothecaries in lore aren't truly healers 

"An Apothecary's role in battle is to recover the gene-seed from slainAstartes and to tend to the wounded and maimed. " 

they are there to pretty much reclaim as many geneseeds as they can, even if they rip it out of still dying marines since it is the future of the chapter at stake.

I hope they don't have healing like in BF3, or PS2, I hope its more like they can pick you up if you are downed but it leaves you with a decreasing amount of health until you are not longer "rezzable". This way we can avoid cheesy rezzing lines and get people more aggressive with fighting since they can't heal anyways unless they are killed.

Maybe at best add combat stim form of equipment that gives fairly long HP boosts and other stat boosts. If your stim is not renewed then you just drop dead due to negative HP to represent you are a dead man just fighting on through a mix of chemicals, and will power lol.

So for Orks, the only healing they need is in the form of more dakka or choppin.

I totally agree with you man. In my twitter Brent Ellison (lead game designer) said that the game would play more like battle field. Hopefully this means its more oriented to fighting with the occasional rez and a small regen here and there. I dont wanna do 1k dmg to a tactical and then 1 button later he has full life. From how he talks it seems they are taking the aggressive approach and not creating a game of super stand offs

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681
    ork boyz dont need heals, they have orkish regeneration.  you have to burn them hot and fast to killem otherwise theyll just regenerate rapidldy.
  • MorieartyMoriearty Member Posts: 12
    The simple orkboyz is the only F2P class in the game

does anybody know if it's possible to become as large as a warboss or will we always be nob sized?

Originally posted by Moriearty

does anybody know if it's possible to become as large as a warboss or will we always be nob sized?

cause of execution animations is it very unlikely that orks change thair size

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337

It's a shame, but i guess you're right. Besides it would might look a bit silly with a 100 warbosses running around