Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A nice Fan trailer for Star Citizen

Title says it all.

Comments

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

But where is the gameplay footage?

Dark & Light.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• InternetSmuckInternetSmuck Member Posts: 14
    Originally posted by Quirhid

Dark & Light.

All that footage is game play except for the guy on the cot was a photoshop effort. Don't forget the game is not released yet (pre alpha still), the footage in this trailer was pulled from in game footage released by RSI.

• DrakephireDrakephire Member UncommonPosts: 451
    Battlestar Galactica camera movement.
  • QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    Originally posted by InternetSmuck

Dark & Light.

All that footage is game play except for the guy on the cot was a photoshop effort. Don't forget the game is not released yet (pre alpha still), the footage in this trailer was pulled from in game footage released by RSI.

Ingame footage is not the same a gameplay footage. image

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

Originally posted by InternetSmuck

Dark & Light.

Ingame footage is not the same a gameplay footage. image

Well the only difference between in game footage created for trailer purposes and actual in game player footage is that trailer footage is scripted for movement, is it not? I saw another video where Chris Roberts fired up that same setup and took control of one of the fighters. Don't forget it's all pre alpha build right now. Not really here to argue, just want people to be aware of the game. There will be space combat as well as ground fps combat.

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152

Looks sweet

Lets hope the game is worth the hype

Originally posted by Adalwulff

Looks sweet

Lets hope the game is worth the hype

With all the disappointments in the last few years it would be nice for a game to live up to the hype. Fingers are crossed.

• Stone_FountainStone_Fountain Member UncommonPosts: 233
    Nice video! Thank you for sharing it!

First PC Game: Pool of Radiance July 10th, 1990. First MMO: Everquest April 23, 1999

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    The voice acting bit really ruined it wow..that was just bad. Otherwise good video.
  • HelleriHelleri Member UncommonPosts: 930
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
    The voice acting bit really ruined it wow..that was just bad. Otherwise good video.

I think the voice actor is Canadian? I am unconvinced that Canadians are capable of negative emotion (other then puppy sad and squirrel angry). They really should have just left the bad PS'ing out. Nice that they tried. But if your developing content you have to be willing to scrap a concept (no matter how much work you did on it) if it isn't at least up to par. And that whole still image and voice acting part of it. I was really out of sync with the rest of it.

So, is this game going to be like EVE? If it were like EVE but not as life consuming, then I would be down to try it.  Only reason I don't play EVE...After my 14 day trial elapsed and I was on extended 21 day trial, I realized that EVE would suck me in and never let me go again. So, I backed away slowly... I don't need that.

So, it would be cool to see something Like EVE with some starfox elements. Maybe even something like sins of the solar empire gone MMOG. But, all together less time consuming? Is that possible with a space game?

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Helleri

I think the voice actor is Canadian? I am unconvinced that Canadians are capable of negative emotion (other then puppy sad and squirrel angry). They really should have just left the bad PS'ing out. Nice that they tried. But if your developing content you have to be willing to scrap a concept (no matter how much work you did on it) if it isn't at least up to par. And that whole still image and voice acting part of it. I was really out of sync with the rest of it.

So, is this game going to be like EVE? If it were like EVE but not as life consuming, then I would be down to try it.  Only reason I don't play EVE...After my 14 day trial elapsed and I was on extended 21 day trial, I realized that EVE would suck me in and never let me go again. So, I backed away slowly... I don't need that.

So, it would be cool to see something Like EVE with some starfox elements. Maybe even something like sins of the solar empire gone MMOG. But, all together less time consuming? Is that possible with a space game?

If it is anything like Eve, i will pass.

For me to be interested, it needs pve only game modes, Good pve combat, and solo content.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

As a Canadian I take offence to that comment ;) lol

On a serious note:

It is definitely a fan made trailer with inspiration taken from the film "Apocalypse Now"  The voice acting sound's like a Native American

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

If it is anything like Eve, i will pass.

For me to be interested, it needs pve only game modes, Good pve combat, and solo content.

It wont be anything like EvE

It's all Action, Simulator / FPS

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee