Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Video Games once again blamed for bringing out the killer of a killer!

xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
Once again video games are charged for bringing the crazy out. As I was scouring the news at drudge report. This story is the top headline.

Aaron Alexis: Washington navy yard gunman 'obsessed with violent video games'

I followed the link http://Aaron Alexis: Washington navy yard gunman 'obsessed with violent video games'

and once again video games are under attack. According to the story,  it links Alexis with hours upon hours of video games as one of the reasons for the killings he committed.

The Washington Navy Yard gunman Aaron Alexis played violent video games including Call of Duty for up to 16 hours at a time and friends believe it could have pushed him towards becoming a mass murderer.

Recently I had a 48 hour splurge of Battlefield 4. I do not think about killing anyone in real life. It makes me a bit disgusted that the media once again is portraying a video game as the culprit for someone who is a loon to go out and kill people. While that is my opinion. Do you believe video games are responsible for some murderers to commit the heinous crimes they commit?

Comments

• BarrikorBarrikor Member UncommonPosts: 373

Originally posted by xpowderx
    Do you believe video games are responsible for some murderers to commit the heinous crimes they commit?

After Skyrim came out, did we have people picking up swords and roaming the land looking for quests and pick-pocketing people on the street...?

After Mount & Blade came out, did we see people buy horses and spears? Did we have anyone leading a band of axe-wielding pillagers to loot villages in Connecticut?

After Minecraft came out, did anyone go off to the middle of nowhere and try to build a house? Did anyone go into their back yard and try to dig a staircase into the ground to look for caves?

[Edit:
    Maybe the media should notice that the killer was able to get away with stuff in REAL LIFE (shooting car tires and shooting into the air) Also if the military failed to do a proper background check on him for his security clearance then it's obvious they've got a 0% chance of filtering out spies and terrorists.]

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Whats really sad is the marines guarding the base were armed. But, as part of that bases protocol, did not have ammunition.! Ridiculous!
  • PiechunksPiechunks Member Posts: 136

It's easier to blame video games than the lack of care for the mentally ill in the USA.

They tried the same shit with the crazy Korean kid who blew away all of those students at VT.

They know better, they're just trolling.. like in Syria.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Going to have to lock this since it tends to fall under our rules not permitting discussions that are political or ethical. Even though it touches upon games it's more of a different discussion, ultimately.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.