Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All they had to do in order to save this game was....

...make it free to play at all tiers and have one US server and one non US server. Glad I did not pay $150.00 bucks for the CE.

Comments

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

All they had to do was

• Finish the damn game they said they were going to make (they gutted a TON of content and features just before launch)
    • Take the time to get rid of so many gamebreaking bugs (so many crashes in key battles)
    • Get someone who knew how to balance classes
    • Get a backbone and refuse to launch the game before it was ready
    The terrible condition the game was in at launch collapsed their insane momentum and wrecked any chances of recovery. It was long dead before F2P became fashionable.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• wsmarwsmar Member Posts: 122
    Originally posted by Roxtarr

All they had to do was

• Finish the damn game they said they were going to make (they gutted a TON of content and features just before launch)
    • Take the time to get rid of so many gamebreaking bugs (so many crashes in key battles)
    • Get someone who knew how to balance classes
    • Get a backbone and refuse to launch the game before it was ready
    The terrible condition the game was in at launch collapsed their insane momentum and wrecked any chances of recovery. It was long dead before F2P became fashionable.

I'd probably have to agree with most of this. A lot of these issues were fixed months after launch, but by that time, it was unfortunately too late for most people. I for one had a blast, and would love to experience it all over again. It was the best gaming experience I ever had, so many epic battles, endless PvP, and the ability to actually make a name for yourself in game, which I have never experienced to that degree in any other game I've played. 

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    WAR was DOA.Many who played in the beta.....saw what the game was...and how the beta was being conducted.They knew it was going to be a very expensive failure.
  • Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    Lock it into a multi year license agreement...Oh wait that's what kept it alive this long.Game was doa honestly.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• natpicknatpick Member UncommonPosts: 271
    totally agree with you guys what a bloody shame this game is closing down,my son and me had many a fun nite pvping and arguably the best pvp siege game out there.